Sign in to follow this  
N1125Y

Valid Scenery issue

Hello all,

out of the blue I get this message

"Flight Simulator CANOT run without a valid SCNERY.CFG, please, uninstall & reinstall Flight Simulator,. Click ABORT Flight Simulator"

I checked, and I can see scenery.cfg in the AppData Roaming, and it seems like okay, am I messing something ????

Thanks in advance

Yair    

Do you have Scenery.cfg in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX?

Troy Kemp

Win 11 64 Pro on 1TB nvme + 500GB ssd  / P3Dv5.3+ on 1TB nvme+ 250GB with P3D addons / MS2020 2TB nvme /I9 13900K@ 5.8ghz / 32GB DDR4 3600mhz / MSI MPG Z690 DDR4 with wifi / RTX 4090FE

If your scenery.cfg is missing, it should rebuild when you restart FSX.  The scenery.cfg in your appdata/roaming file is not the working scenery.cfg and should never be deleted or changed as it is the default and used to rebuild the scenery.cfg should the working one be accidently deleted.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

..okay, I checked and the Scenery.cfg is under the FSX root directory,  what next ???

It should not be located under the FSX root directory.  It should be located where Troy above stated it should be located (it's a hidden folder).

If you do not have a scenery.cfg in the folder where your fsx.cfg is located, then you should run a repair installation.  Insert your fsx disks and select repair when asked.  You will also have to conduct a repair of SP1 and SP2 OR Acceleration too.

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

okay. I find 3 Scenery.cfg

A. Under user/appData/Roaming/FSX/

B. FSX Root directory which is the D:/ Drive

C. C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX​

It's all there, how do I take it from here ????

Reg. 

BTW

Not sure if it's matter but:

FTX Global Vector and FSGneisses installed, nothing else   

Delete the one in C:\Program Data\Microsoft\FSX (or move the config to a temporary folder).  A new one will be rebuilt and wa la! your config will be valid again.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

..perfect ... tnx you so much ...

now. before I let you go Jim, I'm lunching FTX Central 2 and a red message pops up telling me that

"The terrain.cfg file doesn't contain [Landclasses] section, Please make sure you have the latest Orbx Libraries install" which I have  ?

Reg.

Yair   

now. before I let you go Jim, I'm lunching FTX Central 2 and a red message pops up telling me that
"The terrain.cfg file doesn't contain [Landclasses] section, Please make sure you have the latest Orbx Libraries install" which I have ?

I do not know the reason for this error.  I recommend you post the question in the Orbx/FTX Support Forum here at AVSIM or at their website.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

..yes, I'm getting help at the orbx Support forum

tnx again

Yair