Sign in to follow this  
jrs182p

Active Sky Next Strange Fog/Haze

Hey All,

Is anyone else experiencing this weird haze/fog layer that I'm getting in P3D V3.2 with the latest beta of ASN. Its like a horizontal fog layer and you can see a clear line cutting through the mountains and high terrain.

I've tried so many different settings, volumetric fog on/off etc but cant seem to get rid of it. If anyone else has come across this, have they managed to get rid of it by changing any settings?.

I've posted on the ASN forums but they just say its the fault of P3D 3.2.

Joe

I think so yeah. Yesterday at CYVR it looked like that. really Strange.

Also still heavy hit on the GPU with overcast. Might try older drivers.

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

I've started having that lately,(I think it is after ASN last beta, the one that offers multiple layers check box) but I have noticed that after a period of time it will straighten itself out. It's like it is a shader problem and it takes a long time to load, also seems like you can fly above and below an elevation that makes that more prominent

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

I have it too when I am flying high with my Airbus this SUDDENLY happens: all above me is blue and all below me is kinda white and there is a rather hard line across the horizon. Pretty ugly.

Yeah it is really ugly and it apparently has something to do with the way P3D V3.2 renders fog.

I got rid of it by upping maximum upper visibility from 100 to 130sm. Bug I suppose.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

For what is worth, I had it in P3dV2 and the current P3dV3 along with the past ASN versions.  I agree it is ugly. 

With multiple visibility layers + vol fog I have a haze flying below 17000-18000 ft looking down .

After climbing higher the haze disappears.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

It's something introduced by LM with P3Dv3.2, well documented on the official Hifi Forums.  It can be reproduced manually without using ASN.

http://www.hifisimtech.com/forums/showthread.php?5932-Strange-Haze-line

http://www.hifisimtech.com/forums/showthread.php?5819-Hazy-Sky-with-Volumetric-Fog-enabled-in-Prepar3D-v3-2/page6

Damian Clark:  This is specific to 3.2 and the new volumetric fog rendering. Outside of our control, unfortunately. Please experiment with the relevant options to try and find a depiction that is suitable. If you would like to use P3D 3.1, the latest ASN for P3D build supports that as well. Make sure to NOT check "multiple visibility layers" when using 3.1 or earlier.

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Out of their control... seriously... that's a real problem then. Bummer.

They say that but then I've read somewhere else on their forum that they are close to over coming the problem :)

I also think the latest ASN might be having some problems.  Like other posts that I have read...it was raining this morning, outside my den...but in the sim, under ASN SP4.1, P3D v3.2, with REX 4 Direct, it was hazy and sunny....  Something is wrong, for sure....

In ASN SP1 for v2.4...I never had a false rendering, to real weather...

The multiple visibility layers option in ASN Build 5926 can only be a temporary solution. It's really hard on frames in bad weather despite of a GTX 980.

The new visibility rendering by LM in V3.2 is definitely a step in the wrong direction. :rolleyes:

Intel i9 12900K, Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z690-A Wifi D4, GSkill 32gb, RTX 4090

Regards Chris Kathi

I'm having a few performance issues with ASN when it comes to specific weather conditions ... like overcast and/or stormy weather.  I didn't have this issue in prior ASN builds ... Also, to be noted, if I setup very similar manual weather using P3D UI, I don't have any performance issues and all look good.  

For similar weather compares with P3D UI vs weather from ASN, there appears to be about 200-300% more (and smaller) clouds in ASN ... which would explain the FPS hit.

I've asked Damian if he can provide more info on what he thinks changed in regards to Volumetric Fog in P3D V3.2?  There is NO mention of Volumetric fog changes in the P3D Learning Centery "what's new" section for V3.2 and there was NOTHING reported in LM's Beta forum ... so I'm very curious to see what HiFi think changed?

Cheers, Rob.

Can't comment on other settings, but the 130 max vis in ASN fixed my ugly edge on volumetric fog layer. My max ground vis is 35

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's