Sign in to follow this  
navysub

Missing Texture

Here is an interesting problem.  I have been using FSX Steam Edition and just noticed this when flying into both Lake Simcoe and Collingwood sceneries by Flight Ontario.  It seems to be only affected when I am in DX10 mode as everything appears normal in DX9.  I am using a Zotac 960 2Gb card and it seems to only be in these two sceneries.  I have played with the settings in Steve's DX10 fixer but nothing seems to solve the dilemma.  I am hoping that someone out there might have an idea.   It is odd that the buildings and vehicles are there but are blue and occassionally appear mirror like.

Rick Rowe

http://imgur.com/uOTYPn1

Welcome aboard !!!

:smile: 

Side note: What boat ?

:wink:

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Thank you.  Served in many but my last at sea vessel was HMCS NANAIMO as the Deck Officer.

:dance:

Rick

Hi Rick,

I was on the USS Flasher (the second one) - a stretch 594 (Cadillac of the class) - with a boomer sail... Just wanted to say "Hi" - good luck with your issue... There are a few of us around here....

:wink:

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

DX9 and textures made for FS9 do not work in DX10 mode.  There's a product you can buy from Flight One called "Addon_Converter_X" and it converts textures on the fly.  You can try before you buy to make sure it works or fixes your problem.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks Jim. I tried Addon Converter X version 1.09 but it will not work with FSX Steam Edition causing a CTD. Seems funny because when I was using the Microsoft FSX with the Acceleration Pack they seemed to work as I recall. i have played a bit with Steve's DX10 Fixer but not of the settings I have played with seem to work. I have sent out a call to Flight Ontario and see if they can offer a hint as both the Huronia Airport and Muskoka seem to work with no errors it is only Barrie and Collingwood and since I fly real world out of Barrie I would like to have it running well 

:fool:

Rick

navysub,

Shoot me a PM and I can convert the files that you need in order to be FSXDX10 compatible. As part of the RTMM team I've done it a million times with files in our extensive scenery libraries.

http://return.mistymoorings.com/