Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

For those that have a blurry ground texture problem...are you running a custom LOD?

Glider,

You really should Google "static vs. dynamic link libraries". The topic is way too far afield from flight simulation to be covered in detail here. Suffice it to say that the DLLs that P3d calls explicitly run in its 4gb VAS and on the same cores as the executable.

Any dll or exe that is started by P3D itself will be assigned on the same cores. With exes you can shift then to other cores. Unfortunately not for dlls.

Peter, 116 should be good, use LPs 0,1 for all addons exe's, but you can also try 0,7 and 1,7 for some addon exe's if they only run a main first thread, most do. All programs will in turn kick off processes as a result of utilising system resources, especially networking (think simconnect). LPs not included in the masks will be interesting to the jobscheduler to run other processes. How things play out is very complex.

Hi..tried your recommendation and no blurries! used LP's 0 & 1 for proatc x and ASN....in task manager. Worked perfectly..scenery crystal clear all the way through. Previously during cruise, the scenery looked like desert....and now mountain ranges remain throughout..

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

Smashing!  :dance:

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Wait a minute, I am bloody confused now lol

So I have been using 116 AM. And LP 0,1,6,,7 for my addons

Now should only use only LP 0 and 1 to eliminate small amount of blurry on terrain only noticeable in some spots which is weird

Thanks

Mike

Wait a minute, I am bloody confused now lol

So I have been using 116 AM. And LP 0,1,6,,7 for my addons

Now should only use only LP 0 and 1 to eliminate small amount of blurry on terrain only noticeable in some spots which is weird

Thanks

Mike

Hi, i'm just posting that i tried LP 0 & 1  and it works for me..

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

Hi, i'm just posting that i tried LP 0 & 1  and it works for me..

Thanks mate

Will give it a shot

Cheers

Mike

One more question sorry

Should asn be on separate LP or have it on LP 0 and 1 with Ez dok and ut2

Cheers

Mike

Best performance is to use two LPs per app minimum because you want to utilise HT to its advantage. Most apps will have a main thread job that does all the work and spawn sub-processes that can appear on other LPs, especially if invoking use of system resources like networking. Addons using simconnect use networking even when they are on the same PC.

When you look at 116:

01,11,01,00=116

10,00,00,11=addons can use 0,1, and 7. Avoid core 1 (LPs 2, 3) and core 2 (LPs 4, 5). With four jobs the second and fourth do the least work. Keep in mind addons given LP 7 don't want to be making big demands when they do their thing.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Best performance is to use two LPs per app minimum because you want to utilise HT to its advantage. Most apps will have a main thread job that does all the work and spawn sub-processes that can appear on other LPs, especially if invoking use of system resources like networking. Addons using simconnect use networking even when they are on the same PC.

When you look at 116:

01,11,01,00=116

10,00,00,11=addons can use 0,1, and 7. Avoid core 1 (LPs 2, 3) and core 2 (LPs 4, 5). With four jobs the second and fourth do the least work. Keep in mind addons given LP 7 don't want to be making big demands when they do their thing.

Steve is the AM guru... :wink:

Peter Webber

Hi..tried your recommendation and no blurries! used LP's 0 & 1 for proatc x and ASN....in task manager. Worked perfectly..scenery crystal clear all the way through. Previously during cruise, the scenery looked like desert....and now mountain ranges remain throughout..

Question

Did you put pro atc on core 0 and asn on core 1 or both addons on both cores

That's where I get confused

Cheers

Mike

Best performance is to use two LPs per app minimum because you want to utilise HT to its advantage. Most apps will have a main thread job that does all the work and spawn sub-processes that can appear on other LPs, especially if invoking use of system resources like networking. Addons using simconnect use networking even when they are on the same PC.When you look at 116:01,11,01,00=11610,00,00,11=addons can use 0,1, and 7. Avoid core 1 (LPs 2, 3) and core 2 (LPs 4, 5). With four jobs the second and fourth do the least work. Keep in mind addons given LP 7 don't want to be making big demands when they do their thing.

Steve

With asn can i use one LP 0.

And have all other addons on 1 and 7

Or shall I just use 0 and 1

Thanks.

I'm confused, and my sim suffers horribly from blurries.  So, I have an Intel 6700K and use HT-On, and Affinity Mask= 85.  (Is this fine?)

And where (or how) are you guys assigning LP to ASN, and specific applications.. How is this done-- I'm have no clue!!! (What is an LP?)

I'm confused, and my sim suffers horribly from blurries.  So, I have an Intel 6700K and use HT-On, and Affinity Mask= 85.  (Is this fine?)

And where (or how) are you guys assigning LP to ASN, and specific applications.. How is this done-- I'm have no clue!!! (What is an LP?)

LP...Logical Processor...it is not a true hardware core, but a memory-map reserve address, logistically actiing as if a real dedicated concrete CPU core.  So, if you have a 4 core CPU, when in Hyperthreading Mode, you would see 8 cores active....the four real, and the four logistical by core partition.

Worked perfectly..scenery crystal clear all the way through.

A first ever!  Hope you continue to get crystal clear scenery. 

• Upvote 2

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

A good remedy (even with LOD 7.5) is to run FSX at a REALTIME OS priority.  Everything else at Normal.

The silver bullet would be to get fully resolved textures near the threshold.  Running 1/2 sim rate is a good measure in tough spots like metro areas.

Cheers

jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png