Sign in to follow this  
himmelhorse

g1000 for Camsim Phenom300

For Ed,

A quickie (I hope) for you.

As the title suggests, I am planning on putting this system into the Camsim aircraft (freeware) and I have a couple of queries before I start.

My system specs may help here.

I am using 6 monitors connected to 2 x R9 290 VGA cards  Operating System - WIN7 ULTIMATE fully updated

a.  40inch LED TV - 1980 x 1080 (overhead)

b. 1 x 32inch LED TV Left Side cockpit view - 1 x 60inch LED TV Main VC cockpit view - 1 x 32inch LED TV Right side cockpit view... these are connected via Triplehead2go DP version and all screens are 1080p

c. 22inch Monitor 1650 x1200 - switchgear, electronics, lighting etc, and

d. 24inch Monitor for pedestal display 1980 x 1200

First question ... Am I able to duplicate the PFD for first officer,giving me 3 display gauges on the 60inch screen? 

Second ... As this is a twin engine aircraft is it possible to have two lots of instrument/engine indications displayed?

Third ... is there an updated autopilot or GTN I can use with this system?

Another interesting alternative is putting the system into a freeware Learjet 60 ... your thoughts on that?

If the answers to these questions include a "no" is there a workaround or alternative?

Please feel free to PM me if desired and please also bear in mind  that I may need help in the actual installation if it is possible.

Thanks in anticipation 

Tony Chilcott

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

First question ... Am I able to duplicate the PFD for first officer,giving me 3 display gauges on the 60inch screen?

No, you have to use the RFD for the right side.

Second ... As this is a twin engine aircraft is it possible to have two lots of instrument/engine indications displayed?

This is a twin jet... like the Mustang. The Mustang is the only jet configuration we support.

Third ... is there an updated autopilot or GTN I can use with this system?

We don't support the GTN, but in the Mustang configuration there is the GFC700 autopilot.

Another interesting alternative is putting the system into a freeware Learjet 60 ... your thoughts on that?

Once again, all we ever did for jet was the Mustang.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Ed,

Thanks for your concise, informative and extremely unhelpful (to me) reply. I guess it was to be expected but I did hold out some hope of being able to use this software.

Can I jokingly tell you that I hate you with all the passion of a jealous woman and I remind you that it cannot not get worse than that. LOL

I really do appreciate your response and again, I thank you for it.

Regards

Tony Chilcott

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Lesse... I told you that you have to use the RFD (R==RIGHT FLIGHT DISPLAY) to get the right flight display (HINT: you'll notice our gauge entries have PFD0 and MFD0 as example... then for the right side you would need to use RFD0).

I told you that we have a twin jet layout that's designed for the Mustang... which certainly has information for two engines, but was designed by Garmin for the Mustang. If you can live with that, it indeed will display both engines.

Even Garmin wouldn't support the GTN with their flight decks. The GFC700 is an autopilot gauge that's part of our G1000 installation. You need to define your panel.cfg so it thinks it's a Mustang and then the GFC700 autopilot can be installed/used.

So... why was the information unhelpful?

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Ed,

Many many apologies for this very tardy response.  

I think you may have misconstrued what I meant to say mate.  By unhelpful I really meant that I understood that I could not use my Mindstar G1000 in any twin jet.  I freely admit I completely misunderstood what you actually told me and again an apology for that.  

Otherwise, my response was meant to be a humorous one and was not meant to be negative or nasty in any way.  I REALLY did appreciate your reply and I did say that.

Having said that I will have another look at this system.  I guess that I am a little disappointed with the limited system supplied by the payware aircraft I have and was looking for an alternative.

I shall get back to you with reckless abandon and great alarity should I require any further help with the Mustang system.

Again, thanks mate

Tony Chilcott

Tony Chilcott.