Sign in to follow this  
Glynn

FLC mode

Has anyone got the FLC mode to reliably capture the set altitude, if so can you please outline the steps you used.

VS mode works fine as far as I have tested it but FLC mode just busts straight through the set altitude.

Have not got as far as VNAV mode yet, in my testing I have spent way too much time just trying to sort out the FLC mode , if FLC mode is in fact terminally broken I may have to pursue a refund which is a shame as the product has some potential. 

Before takeoff:

-Set desired altitude with ALT knob

-Set initial VS with VS wheel (+2500 FPM works well)

-Set runway HDG with HDG knob

After Takeoff:

-Retract gear, establish climb, retract flaps

-Switch on AP, click HDG button (That's all, don't click anything else, ALT, VNAV, VS, etc.)

-When acft accelerates through 200 KIAS click FLC button

-Adjust selected speed if needed using wheel on 2D autopilot (200-220 kts works well)

-Click FMS NAV button when established on flight path

-Aircraft will level off at preset altitude and continue along FMS route

Of course, this assumes that you have a flight plan and an active leg loaded in the FMS. (RayM)

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

I can see what is happening now thanks to the tooltips

The VS wheel on the 2D autopilot panel is actually changing its function depending on the AP mode selected,  

FLC(flc speed ref) VS (vspeed hold sel) ALT (AP pitch ref)

I may be very wrong here but I doubt that is how the wheel operates in real life, can you confirm Ray ?

This is going to make programming my hardware very difficult

I can see what is happening now thanks to the tooltips

The VS wheel on the 2D autopilot panel is actually changing its function depending on the AP mode selected,  

FLC(flc speed ref) VS (vspeed hold sel) ALT (AP pitch ref)

I may be very wrong here but I doubt that is how the wheel operates in real life, can you confirm Ray ?

I think it is just exactly like the real deal. The pitch wheel has 3 different functions, depending on what it active at the time. (maybe more)

Ray

What hardware / software are you using?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Here is what the CJ2 FSI Sys book has on the Pitch Wheel.

Regards,

Ray

app _ 0.jpg

app _ 1.jpg

app _ 2.jpg

app _ 3.jpg

app _ 4.jpg

app _ 5.jpg

• Upvote 1

What hardware / software are you using?

Goflight mcp and the Goflight interface tool (GIT)

Many thanks for that Ray, looks like they got it pretty close.

Need to have a good think on how to program the wheel functions in GIT

Need to have a good think on how to program the wheel functions in GIT

I used to use GoFlight .. but now I am just using FSUIPC.

I have Saitek throttles .. with rocker switch buttons.

I assigned one Up/Down rocker for vertical F/S and another rocker for FLC speed bug.

Both work.

But.

In testing I found that in FLC mode once the speed bug is set e.g. 190Kt  all ok ... later I can command a new speed (bug e.g. 200kt) with the Saitek rocker switch  and the new speed shows up in tool tips) but the CJ2 will not do the speed change (pitch)  immediately .. I have to move the Speed wheel Up or down e.g. 1 Knot (click on it with the mouse) to wake up the pitch logic and then the FLC commences at the new speed .. by adjusting pitch to sync the new speed and then resume climb.

In another post on the forum I think it was mentioned the FLC logic was like this .. once the speed was set .. I forgot what the poster said .. but it basically reset the speed logic but some method .. so the next speed could be initialed ... I will search around and see if I can find that post.

Best Regards,

A good practice is when the aircraft is within 1000 ft of the target climb, switch from FLC to V/S, throttle back a bit, and reduce V/S to around 300-500 ft/min so the aircraft smoothly captures the target altitude and the owner's party back in the cabin don't spill brandy all over their clothes :)

but the CJ2 will not do the speed change (pitch)  immediately .. I have to move the Speed wheel Up or down e.g. 1 Knot (click on it with the mouse) to wake up the pitch logic and then the FLC commences at the new speed

This suggest that if its available the Lvar that represents the position of the Speed Wheel needs to be updated in GIT also.

Stephen Munn

This suggest that if its available the Lvar that represents the position of the Speed Wheel needs to be updated in GIT also.

That part is unknown to me .. I have no idea what GIT is ... must be programming stuff?

Anyway I am just testing this FSUIPC controlling the speed bug in FLC .. it could be I have FSUIPC not configured quite right ...

Best Regards,

Further info on my test with FSUIPC and assigned rocker switch controlling the FLC SPD bug.

What I found so far.

If in FLC at a speed and I want a new speed FLC speed + or -.

Select a new speed with the rocker switch.

I click A/P FLC to exit it.

Slow or increase to new speed throttle up/down.

Select A/P FLC again to start climbing at new speed.

Best Regards,

Many thanks to those who responded, I now have a clearer understanding of what is going on, hopefully I can get this bird configured now.

Hi Folks,

Just a heads up - someone reported in the TBM-850 2.0 thread - that Carenado fixed the FLC code in the autopilot... If it's still truly broken - maybe some "Official" support tickets might help get it rectified...

I'm familiar with using FSUIPC to setup controllers - I'd really like to offload as many functions of this autopilot to my joysticks as I can... I'm assuming you're using the "Button Presses" tab in FSUIPC... I know that FSUIPC has more FS options available in the drop down list than FSX/P3D provides... 

Can someone explain how I can setup FSUIPC to map the function - such as "FLC SPD Bug" - as I don't recall seeing that as an option...

Can just all the autopilot bugs (such as CDI) and buttons be mapped to a joystick ??? Would anyone have a list of which ones can and which ones can't ???

Thanks...

Regards,
Scott 

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7