Sign in to follow this  
Glynn

FLC mode

I'm assuming you're using the "Button Presses" tab in FSUIPC... I know that FSUIPC has more FS options available in the drop down list than FSX/P3D provides...

Can someone explain how I can setup FSUIPC to map the function - such as "FLC SPD Bug" - as I don't recall seeing that as an option...

FSUIPC for controlling the CJ2's FLC autopilot speed bug:

This is what I used .. selected from FSUIPC's :

"Select for FS Control" section (checkmark the box to its right).

Then from the drop down list make your button choice from the long list of choices:

Ap Spd Var Inc

Ap Spd Var Dec

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

You are welcome Scott,

If you have a spare Button/rocker switch you could also do the Autopilot V/S (feet/sec) Bug Up/Down with FSUIPC:

Ap Vs Var Inc
Ap Vs Var Dec

Best Regards,

Hi Vaughan,

Yeah - I'll have to look more closely - the list is so long - when I do look I seldom find what I'm looking for... I guess "altitude preselect" is in there too... I'll check when I get some sim time - no need to look on my account...

Thanks again - very helpful...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Hi Folks,

I'm not sure if this is the most recent - but - I found a list of defined controls in FSUiPC... This helps me a bit as now I can peruse the commands offline...

All 14 pages worth of commands - I knew there were a lot - not this many though...

:)

http://fsuipc.simflight.com/beta/Revised_List_of_FSX_Controls.pdf

Regards,
Scott

Hi Folks,

FYI: I did open a ticket with Carenado on the FLC problem - they stated that I'm the first one to report any issue with FLC - they weren't aware of any issue...

Regards,

Scott

Hi Folks,

FYI: I did open a ticket with Carenado on the FLC problem - they stated that I'm the first one to report any issue with FLC - they weren't aware of any issue...

Regards,

Scott

What did you indicate was wrong with FLC on your trouble report to Carenado?

Best Regards,

Hi Vaughan,

Unable to maintain selected speed and blows through target altitude... I've seen some work around as mentioned - but I think it should work... Also - I've seen FLC problems mentioned countless times on various aircraft...

Regards,

Scott

Unable to maintain selected speed and blows through target altitude

Were these the results from your flight tests?

I will test again ...

Initially I did not see a problem with maintaining selected speed in climb and it did capture the altitude .. (but I think it had to "hunt" a bit ... which would be = blowing the capture smoothly) I had to dial a new altitude and initiate FLC again or V/S .. I forget which ...

... ... but to be sure I will get it tested again and do a few screenshots ... easier to review with a few photos after a test.

Anyway .. good that Carenado will check it out and give some feedback.

After making assignments in FSUIPC I really did not do much testing at that time.

Best Regards,

Actually, almost no one uses FLC in commercial aircraft on a routine basis.  Many pilots I know say they never even consider using FLC. VS is the goto vertical change mode.

Ray

Hi Folks,

Regards,

Scott

That is total BS. It must be that guys first day on the job. I have reported it countless times.

But, that is why it is so important to report issues to the Support Desk. It seems a lot folks are quick to complain, but when pressed for what did the Support Team have to say, they eventually come back with - Oh, I didn't report it, I am just reading the forums and it is obviously a big problem. Yeah, right.

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .