Sign in to follow this  
biensey08

Quality wings or Captain sim 757?

Hey guys! Good day! I'm just a newbie here. I just want to ask if which is more realistic when it comes to flight dynamics and the controls. The Captain sim 757 or the Quality sim 757?

I know that captain sim, hands down, has way better details when comes to its cockpit and the interior, but it cost a lot of frames and I'm aware that it frequently crashes while in the middle of the game. 

So I just came down to one criteria: Realism.

I agree with the QW choice.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

My vote is for the CS757, although not PMDG quality (Not much is :lol:) it has more system depth then the QW757, and I think it tracks VNAV constraints and predictive altitudes better, especially on ascent, Both does well on descent though. Don't take my word for it though, here's a comparison using the same flightplans KLAX to KSFO. See how the CS757, stays close to the altitude predictions in the FMC, where the QW757 is way off.

CS 757

QW757

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I have only used the QW757 and I think it overall is a nice product albeit with some limitations/minor issues of the fmc and the VC,

Speedbrake arming does not work , the map range knob in the RetroHD VC also does not work and the FMC also have a limit for 200 flightplans in the flightplans folder.

From a visual pov. the QW very nice and it sounds very nice as well.

To be honest, I don't like either. They both look bad, they both have issues. One is buggy, the other is too limited. Now if only there were to be a new 76/57...

To be honest, I don't like either. They both look bad, they both have issues. One is buggy, the other is too limited. Now if only there were to be a new 76/57...

Level-D 757!! LOL

It is true both have their negatives. I like QW better because of better realism even though some systems are not modeled, and they give you the option of different cockpit layouts. FedEx 757s use the LCD screens and with the QW 757 you have that option.

The CS757 is not as buggy as you think, take for instance the claim The CS757 doesn't calculate a TOD. Everyone assumes the FMC should do this for you as most modern airliner FMC's do. You have to remember though CS models their planes on the original variants first produced. The 757/767 had the 1st generation of FMCs as they were the first airliners to have them. Back then in the early 80's the FMC wasn't as automated as it is now, and you had to help it to calculate a TOD. You do this by one selecting a runway transition if one is in the NAV database, or setting your approach altitude on your FAF waypoint, or final constraint. Then it has the information it need to calculate the TOD. It's the same procedure still used on the Q400, and works very well with the CS757, as you can see in the video I posted.

• Upvote 3

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Speedbrake arming does not work , the map range knob in the RetroHD VC also does not work and the FMC also have a limit for 200 flightplans in the flightplans folder.

Speedbrake arming absolutely DOES work... Hold Shift with a quick tap on /.  If it's any longer than a "tap", it will probably fully deploy instead of arming.  The QW 757 is my go-to aircraft when I'm not in the mood for a long pre-flight... Departure configuration is quick and easy and it flies very nicely.  My biggest complaint is that the MCDU in the VC is non-interactive... entries can only be made via the 2D pop-up.

If by Speedbrake you mean the Spoilers or Lift dumpers then I have no problem arming them and they auto deploy on landing however I do use a joystick to send the key codes to the sim. If I want to use them in the air then I use the mouse to drag them to my required position. Never been a problem.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

I have the QW and while the sounds are excellent, everything is very basic. Not alot of system depth and some quirks into using some things as mentioned. I decided to give XPX a try for the reason of the Flightfactor 757 and havnt looked back for this particular aircraft. What a difference. its really too bad theres no really decent in depth 757/767 for P3D beyond the ancient lvl D which was the best for the longest time.

• Upvote 1

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

The CS757 is not as buggy as you think, take for instance the claim The CS757 doesn't calculate a TOD. Everyone assumes the FMC should do this for you as most modern airliner FMC's do. You have to remember though CS models their planes on the original variants first produced. The 757/767 had the 1st generation of FMCs as they were the first airliners to have them. Back then in the early 80's the FMC wasn't as automated as it is now, and you had to help it to calculate a TOD. You do this by one selecting a runway transition if one is in the NAV database, or setting your approach altitude on your FAF waypoint, or final constraint. Then it has the information it need to calculate the TOD. It's the same procedure still used on the Q400, and works very well with the CS757, as you can see in the video I posted.

And the famous Captainsim (and also today, Carenado) argument comes. "You are just doing it incorrectly"

I have a feeling if I decided to go on over to the cs forums I'd see multiple topics that list bugs some that have been ignored for years.

I have the QW and while the sounds are excellent, everything is very basic. Not alot of system depth and some quirks into using some things as mentioned. I decided to give XPX a try for the reason of the Flightfactor 757 and havnt looked back for this particular aircraft. What a difference. its really too bad theres no really decent in depth 757/767 for P3D beyond the ancient lvl D which was the best for the longest time.

My vote for best (most accurate), though I believe one other person said as much.

I loathe CS, but in this case it is IMO the best of the two cited models.

Best wishes and Happy Flights to everyone!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.