Sign in to follow this  
mlbrooksjr1969!!

DTG flight sim

Who knows....

Trying to get information from PMDG is as tough as getting updates from PMDG - lol!!!

• Upvote 2

It is unlikely that they will be able to answer that until,

A. A lot more is known about the new product's capabilities, structure, and its compatibility with 3rd party add-ons.

B. the product is actually released, and it becomes clear whether it meets the expectations of with PMDG's customer base.

Andrew Jones

It is a bit too early although there is the DTG Flight School comming soon it is really made to engage people into learning how to fly and all, the DTG flight Simulator is planned for later this year so we'll probably see what it will be worth around the end of the year if it is released as planned.

It most likely will be many years before enough people acquire  DTG's new sim to make it worthwhile for developers to start making products for it. Most people are still hanging on to FSX. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

It is unlikely that they will be able to answer that until,

A. A lot more is known about the new product's capabilities, structure, and its compatibility with 3rd party add-ons.

B. the product is actually released, and it becomes clear whether it meets the expectations of with PMDG's customer base.

Yeah.. I think developers (and specially big ones) know more about the product with waaaaaaaay more anticipation then you would, and not after release... Case in point: ORBX...

Yeah.. I think developers (and specially big ones) know more about the product with waaaaaaaay more anticipation then you would, and not after release... Case in point: ORBX...

Ahah yeah ORBX is with them, but somehow I think it is a bit different ORBX working on sceneries which is "easier" as I believe both FSX, P3D and probably DTG all share the same original code base, and same "structure". And there is less "bug" and issues with adding scenery or even replacing textures than wiith code heavy addons like PMDG :)

Ahah yeah ORBX is with them, but somehow I think it is a bit different ORBX working on sceneries which is "easier" as I believe both FSX, P3D and probably DTG all share the same original code base, and same "structure". And there is less "bug" and issues with adding scenery or even replacing textures than wiith code heavy addons like PMDG :)

And I bet that Orbx signed and agreement with DTG that they will be the only supported generator of scenery. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

It most likely will be many years before enough people acquire  DTG's new sim to make it worthwhile for developers to start making products for it. Most people are still hanging on to FSX. 

DTG is already working with several developers. Quietly and without much fanfare. The fact that no public announcements are being made does not imply it is not happening.

Couple things here:

1. Sign your posts. Forum rule.

2. That whole idiom about bridges and crossings...

3. Do not generate negative theories here about other developers. There really isn't much known about this simulator in general. Putting across the idea that a developer is going to set up exclusive relationships for add-ons is pretty irresponsible. I doubt it was an intentionally negative inference, but it's a pretty baseless assertion at this early stage.

Kyle Rodgers

DTG is already working with several developers. Quietly and without much fanfare. The fact that no public announcements are being made does not imply it is not happening.

Filippo Nesi

[sorry, hadn't noticed we are in the PMDG forum]

Filippo Nesi

[sorry, hadn't noticed we are in the PMDG forum]

Me either. 

Me either. 

Hope you guys are more attentive as pilots :nea: Understand though...you see a comment and dive in, not really remembering what forum your are in, though, Kyle's comments pretty correct.

DTG do not seem to share early work with major developers, and sort of present it as..."our stuff works, up to others to decide if yours' will work". Must be a code planning nightmare for developers now with many platform flavours, all with their own user populations..all saying to developers..me..me..me

Geoff Bryce

Do not generate negative theories here about other developers. There really isn't much known about this simulator in general. Putting across the idea that a developer is going to set up exclusive relationships for add-ons is pretty irresponsible. I doubt it was an intentionally negative inference, but it's a pretty baseless assertion at this early stage.

DTG do not seem to share early work with major developers, and sort of present it as..."our stuff works, up to others to decide if yours' will work". Must be a code planning nightmare for developers now with many platform flavours, all with their own user populations..all saying to developers..me..me..me

May want to read Kyles comments above. Talk about baseless banter. You must have some insider information that no one else has.  :fool:

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson