Sign in to follow this  
hazbenz

Where to buy FSRepaint v2

Hi All,

Decided to go purchase FSRepaint from Abacus but it wasn't there. A quick Google later brought up www.fsrepaint.com.br/fsrepainting/index.html . Is this a legit site?  It looks like a site that a school kid would set up in their bedroom so I am a bit iffy about putting any payment through it.

All the other results were either reviews or torrents.

Cheers

Harry

Cheers

John Harris

P3D v4, Win10 64bit, Saitek Yoke/Throttle, Saitek Rudder Pedals, Saitek Multi Panel, Saitek Switch Panel, Saitek Radio Panel, Saitek FIP

Yes this is a ligit site.

BUT

Please download the FREE demo FIRST and give it a try.

MIND!!

The real-time painting functionality on the 3D model in FSRepaint is nice, but,  ONLY to see how a paint fits on various textures ( texture-sheets ).
The build-in painting-program itself however is very VERY simple and cannot be used for real serious painting.

This realtime-painting can NOT be performed when using other "supported" painting programs.

The way the program is advertised gives the impression its possible, but its NOT.

ONLY very simple and basic paintworks wich are made with the build in editor on the 3D model (realtime) can be saved.

When paintworks are done in real painting-programs like PS, PaintshopPro, Giimp and Paint.NET FSRepaint can only be used as a viewer.

I have been working with FSRepaint for many years , using the freeware version only.

Apart from that, there are many models wich do not show-up correctly or do not show at all.

I have the impression it`s  an old program wich is not really up to date.
Its interesting to see its not advertised for being able to handle files for Prepar3D`, when its was, it certainly should have been communicated in uppercast.

Its advertised to be  Compatible with Microsoft Flight Simulator FSX, 2000, 2002 and 2004 native aircraft

Built in texture editor editor with several useful tools. External image editors are supported as well.

External editors are only partially supported (  edited paint in and out  FSRepaint just to view, NOT the realtime painting on the 3D model) 

As I do not make paints for MSFS or Prepar3D these days, (working for X-Plane now) I cannot tell how the latest version performs.

As the version I used was named FSRepaintV2 too I think there will be no significant changes to the program in its latest version.

When FSRepaintV3 would be released it might be more interesting.

Anyways.........

Make sure to give the demo a good try first to avoid disappointment.

Leen

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints