Sign in to follow this  
unitedfan723

Video card brand?

Just curious which is more compatible with P3D Nvidia or AMD? Or should I say which brand helps P3D perform better or is there really no difference, and in that case it would come down to price. 

With P3D v2 the consensus seemed to be that It preferred Nvidia cards. Not so sure about v3 though.

Just curious which is more compatible with P3D Nvidia or AMD? Or should I say which brand helps P3D perform better or is there really no difference, and in that case it would come down to price. 

Just simple Nvidia... actually for the FS series it has always been Nvidia.

André

I'm always hearing Nvidia, and it is all have experience with. 980ti runs p3d3.2 incredibly well.

anyone used the amd  r9 390 8gig of ram sounds great for prep3d v3 I have a 970 and struggle in heavy weather, heavy scenary  on a triple monitor setup.

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

Prior to FSX I always found ATI better ( just my experience ) but for FSX & P3D I have found Nvidia works best.

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

I had both, and i can vouch that nvidia is better for flight simming...and in average for other games also, with similar cards of course...except for dx12, but thats another discution :dance:

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

Nvidia is the Gold standard for flight simming. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

After several Nvidia boards over the years, including Titan, I decided to switch to the AMD R9 390  with 8 gig of ram. I am well pleased with it and for the price, it's amazing.

For me from now, it's going to be AMD as my 1st choice.

Phil

I concur, nVidia is the way to go.

I've always used EGVA branded cards with nVidia chips and have never had an issue.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I don't mind getting 3 nvidia cards but trying to do a 3 monitor setup someone told me that 3 AMD R9 cards do better in a 3 monitor setup is that true? 

Nvidia is the Gold standard for flight simming. 

That is what I had gathered so far. 

After several Nvidia boards over the years, including Titan, I decided to switch to the AMD R9 390 with 8 gig of ram. I am well pleased with it and for the price, it's amazing.

For me from now, it's going to be AMD as my 1st choice.

Phil

Interesting I was wondering this only negative twice the power consumption of a g t x 970

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d