Sign in to follow this  
farid

Steering Left

Hi

i dont know why any addone aircraft i'v used steering to the left sidegreatly and need some rudder action very effectivly to be corrected. (no wind)

while there is no problem with default one

any idea?

thank you

Hi

i dont know why any addone aircraft i'v used steering to the left sidegreatly and need some rudder action very effectivly to be corrected. (no wind)

while there is no problem with default one

any idea?

thank you

Which addon aircraft are you referring to?  I've found some of them to be very sensitive as you apply power, and require a great deal of finesse on the rudder pedals.  The effect does seem overly exaggerated on some models.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Which addon aircraft are you referring to?  I've found some of them to be very sensitive as you apply power, and require a great deal of finesse on the rudder pedals.  The effect does seem overly exaggerated on some models.

almost all of carenados also Alabeo Alabeo PA32_Saratoga_II_TC

A single engine airplane with a prop rotating to the right, as viewed from the cockpit, should pull to the left on the takeoff roll & initial climb out.  As airspeed increases, the effect should diminish. With my X-Plane installation, the default 172 drifts to the left as well. It should be countered with right rudder. You can look up the specifics. Spiral airflow from the prop hitting the left side of the vertical stab/rudder, torque, & P-factor. Torque will tend to push down on the left wheel, which drags the airplane to the left.  A plane such as a Cessna 172 has a fixed trim tab, that gives it a little right rudder. Without the tab, the plane will constantly want to yaw to the left in flight. Without the tab, your leg would get tired holding the right rudder. The tabs are usually set for straight flight at cruising speeds.

Some aircraft have built in offset vertical stabs, to control left yaw. Others may have in cockpit adjustable trim tabs, or spring arrangements to hold pressure on the rudder cables.

• Upvote 1

A single engine airplane with a prop rotating to the right, as viewed from the cockpit, should pull to the left on the takeoff roll & initial climb out.  As airspeed increases, the effect should diminish. With my X-Plane installation, the default 172 drifts to the left as well. It should be countered with right rudder. You can look up the specifics. Spiral airflow from the prop hitting the left side of the vertical stab/rudder, torque, & P-factor. Torque will tend to push down on the left wheel, which drags the airplane to the left.  A plane such as a Cessna 172 has a fixed trim tab, that gives it a little right rudder. Without the tab, the plane will constantly want to yaw to the left in flight. Without the tab, your leg would get tired holding the right rudder. The tabs are usually set for straight flight at cruising speeds.

Some aircraft have built in offset vertical stabs, to control left yaw. Others may have in cockpit adjustable trim tabs, or spring arrangements to hold pressure on the rudder cables.

thanks

This left tendency on take is incredibly unrealistic. I haven't flown a 172 yet that kicks me off the runway like that when I apply take off power - yes, a little touch of right rudder, but the way the default 172 goes left isn't even close.

David Porrett

First, in the latest 10.45 version of X-Plane, LR made some corrections to reduce the tendency to steer left on power, as this had been an annoying problem in earlier versions and finally "fixed."

Since Carenado had tuned their prop aircraft to the earlier X-Plane versions, they had to tweak their props to adjust for the new correction.  If you bought your Carenado aircraft from Carenado, just go to their website and download the current versions which are all re-adjusted for 10.45. 

For other vendors and freeware aircraft, check the web sites to see if they have updated their aircraft.  If not, simply load the aircraft into PlaneMaker, save it without any changes, and PlaneMaker will apply the "fix" automatically.  DO NOT do this with Carenado aircraft or you will spoil their new adjustments.

This happens in the default 172. I read that the aircraft needs to be re-saved in PlaneMaker  10.45, which I did but it still careers off the runway the instant power is applied. It's a bit of a turn off (pardon the pun).

David Porrett