Sign in to follow this  
JimmiG

GPU tesselation still broken in P3D v3?

There is no "the recommendation". Just because some guy on a forum who sounds credible tells you that some value is better than the other doesn't mean it's right. If a person says that 244 or whatever value "gives silky smoothness" like in this case, I would say that this is the right value for that particular system. Every setup is different.

Thanks for your input.

I will only say that Steves extensive testing and graphs show exactly what I have seen for myself and this is from a guy that use to use 244 himself.

Hi gb,

I could be wrong but I'm not sure what you are seeing has much to do with Tesselation.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/tessellation.html

Perhaps the high setting is sucking resources needed for other stuff like anisotropic filtering. Does seem unlikely, however, as you have a GTX 980Ti. What's your CPU?

Regards,

Mike

Mike I have a 4770K @4.3.

Seems to me like resources are not being allocated correctly with tessellation on. My screen shots are of a virtually static scene so it's not like the system does not have enough time to load those textures.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

The screenshots you posted seem to me like their the opposite of what they should be? The first image looks like tessellation is off and the second seems like it is on.

The screenshots you posted seem to me like their the opposite of what they should be? The first image looks like tessellation is off and the second seems like it is on.

The blurrier one definitely has tessellation turned on,

as for the OP.

As Mike suggests I don't think ground textures have anything to do with tessellation but for that same reason you would not expect the textures to get worse with it on.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

The blurrier one definitely has tessellation turned on,

as for the OP.

As Mike suggests I don't think ground textures have anything to do with tessellation but for that same reason you would not expect the textures to get worse with it on.

gb.

Don't quite get what you mean? Tessellation affects all textures, ground included.