Sign in to follow this  
Boeing or not going

Looking for accurate TNT panel ini

I downloaded the official TNT repaint by PMDG that said it had accurate panel configurations but it did not. Can someone post an accurate TNT ini file? Thanks - David Lee

I downloaded the official TNT repaint by PMDG that said it had accurate panel configurations but it did not. Can someone post an accurate TNT ini file?

So you know enough to know that it's not accurate, but not enough to fix the inaccuracies? Do realize, as well, that companies often end up with multiple aircraft with slight differences because of who they were purchased or leased through. The icon that denotes that it's realistic means it was verified by someone who has verifiable knowledge of a particular airframe (or the dominant config) in that operation.

Kyle Rodgers

There is DVD about TNT B777LRF in market. It is a great video which goes into intricate details of configuration and FMC set up. You can create your own configuration based on real life.

PMDG is ini for TNT is pretty accurate.

Best wishes

Ash Nerurkar

Ash Nerurkar

So you know enough to know that it's not accurate, but not enough to fix the inaccuracies? Do realize, as well, that companies often end up with multiple aircraft with slight differences because of who they were purchased or leased through. The icon that denotes that it's realistic means it was verified by someone who has verifiable knowledge of a particular airframe (or the dominant config) in that operation.

There is not a no-smoking option nor an angle of attack display on the pfd in the airplane, that is why I just asked here if someone had a different ini file. And I was not sure what else was not right with the default ini file.

There is DVD about TNT B777LRF in market. It is a great video which goes into intricate details of configuration and FMC set up. You can create your own configuration based on real life.

PMDG is ini for TNT is pretty accurate.

Best wishes

Ash Nerurkar

I watched some short clips Justplanes has put up on Youtube and it looks great. Am not able to buy it now though, but I looked at the clips and noticed 2 incorrect settings from the official ini file, no smoking sign is not there (I have never heard of freighters having this option) and angle of attack on the pfd is not there. So that is why I asked if someone has updated with a different ini file. - David Lee

There is not a no-smoking option nor an angle of attack display on the pfd in the airplane

According to...?

As I mentioned earlier, if you are sure of your source, then you can adjust the settings on your own. Details on how are in the Intro Manual.

I watched some short clips Justplanes has put up on Youtube and it looks great. Am not able to buy it now though, but I looked at the clips and noticed 2 incorrect settings from the official ini file, no smoking sign is not there (I have never heard of freighters having this option) and angle of attack on the pfd is not there.

For that, specific, aircraft.

Keep in mind that cargo handlers usually source their aircraft through other companies. TNT as a very obvious example since they lease from other people, in this case, Atlas. One of the 777s (-TSB, specifically) in the TNT fleet was operated by Southern Air prior to it being brought into the fleet by Atlas's purchase of Southern. As such, there are likely differences in the fleet group. Additionally, an operator may change options over time (see ASA's and AAL's adjustments to their fleets, along with SWA's enabling of the more modern features it had previously disabled).

I get that simmers like to find random bits of information here and there as "proof" that things aren't what a developer models, but consider for a moment that the developer has access to much more information that you likely don't. In order to be on our Tech Team, you need to have verifiable experience with the aircraft in question, and yes, we check. I'm sure it isn't much more of a stretch to imagine that, when we say a config is accurate, we got verified information about that specific reg (or in the case of the fictionals, a comparable model - the 200ER in the case of the UAL) at the time we created the profile.

If you don't like what we've provided, change it. You have the power to do so. Had you read the Intro Manual, you would know this, and along with how to do it.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

That's the reason I asked, because I'd like to change it. I know I can do it myself but I was hoping someone reading this forum could give me insider info. I did not mean to stir a pot I remember asking a year or so ago with similar changes because another ini file that said accurate had similar differences to what I found online. Here is a picture of OO-TSB https://i.ytimg.com/vi/3CSzyeGVWUI/maxresdefault.jpg

As you can see, no angle of attack. And the full video

You can see, no smoking sign annunicator

Everyone can make mistakes, so somewhere along the line that official ini file had some wrong settings. No big deal that is why I asked here was hoping someone could post a corrected file.

-David Lee

And to add after watching another TNT video all the alt callouts below 1000 are activated so some miscommunication about setting the default ini file from your source was mixed up in some way. - David Lee

Everyone can make mistakes, so somewhere along the line that official ini file had some wrong settings. No big deal that is why I asked here was hoping someone could post a corrected file.

Did you read what Kyle said in the post above yours? It said that every aircraft in the TNT fleet might have different configurations depending on who they acquired the aircraft from. So, the aircraft that they set the in file was correct even though the one in the video is different, probably because as Kyle said, they got the aircraft in that configuration from the prior owner or lessee.

If you want to match it to the one in the video you can change it easily yourself. But if you find another of their aircraft in some video that doesn't jive with this video then you'll have to change it again.

It might me a pain in the rear if TNT has 5 T7's that they got from different operators that all have slightly different configurations.

Sean Campbell

• Upvote 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

David, as others posters mentioned, we don't think your reading or understanding what Kyle told you. They modeled the ini after one particular aircraft, although TNT has others with different configurations. The one they did was correct after that one aircraft, but if you want to change it to make it the same as your proof then go ahead.

And by the way, don't be so dramatic about all the abuse you've taken in this thread. One poster followed up what Kyle said and two comment led that they don't think you're understanding.

• Upvote 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

David, as others posters mentioned, we don't think your reading or understanding what Kyle told you. They modeled the ini after one particular aircraft, although TNT has others with different configurations. The one they did was correct after that one aircraft, but if you want to change it to make it the same as your proof then go ahead.

And by the way, don't be so dramatic about all the abuse you've taken in this thread. One poster followed up what Kyle said and two comment led that they don't think you're understanding.

He said that, but my pictures and video prove that they got the details incorrect.

I don't understand the reason this has become so complicated. I proved that certain settings "ON THAT EXACT AIRCRAFT PMDG MODELLED" is wrong. I provided conclusive evidence that the entire 3 fleet 777 TNT has is vastly different to the "verified settings" PMDG have. Do you understand? And who keep liking all these insulting posts that prove people are unable to understand basic concepts here? If you don't see the insulting and mocking tone of all the people I quoted, and including yours that continues to ignore the fact I proved the airplane PMDG modelled does not have the right settings then you are not looking. I am done, no one cares to be helpful, they have come here for an argument and to ridicule me like I'm a helpless kid unable to understand such difficult concepts that you think Kyle pointed out.

If anyone cares to be helpful please private message me an accurate ini file. Thank you - David Lee

He said that, but my pictures and video prove that they got the details incorrect.

...or they've simply changed. To be honest, I don't think anyone would've reacted the way they did if you'd come in with a slightly less accusatory stance. Just because something differs does not mean that it was wrong. As I mentioned, if there's an icon, it means we've verified it as accurate for when that livery.ini file was created. If something changes, it doesn't mean it's wrong, it means it's outdated. Running off into a thread with "they said it was accurate, but it isn't," and "your source screwed up," and all of that isn't really called for.

It's a little semantic, but if you don't want to put people on the defensive, you have to remember that people who have real world connections with the actual data sources are going to believe the data sources over the random simmer in a forum, unless you come right in with evidence. It's best if that's done a little diplomatically, unless you're ready for an equally blunt response.

Kyle Rodgers

...or they've simply changed. To be honest, I don't think anyone would've reacted the way they did if you'd come in with a slightly less accusatory stance. Just because something differs does not mean that it was wrong. As I mentioned, if there's an icon, it means we've verified it as accurate for when that livery.ini file was created. If something changes, it doesn't mean it's wrong, it means it's outdated. Running off into a thread with "they said it was accurate, but it isn't," and "your source screwed up," and all of that isn't really called for.

It's a little semantic, but if you don't want to put people on the defensive, you have to remember that people who have real world connections with the actual data sources are going to believe the data sources over the random simmer in a forum, unless you come right in with evidence. It's best if that's done a little diplomatically, unless you're ready for an equally blunt response.

I don't know how my evidence can get any better, pictures and videos that the ini file is not correct. And I was insulted by some for not having good "reading comprehension" ....  - David Lee

I don't know how my evidence can get any better, pictures and videos that the ini file is not correct. And I was insulted by some for not having good "reading comprehension" ....  - David Lee

Your first post contained no supporting evidence. That was what I was referring to. That set the stage for the discussion. If you don't want people reacting negatively, set a neutral stage by not being accusatory from the outset and show evidence supporting your argument. Pretty simple stuff.

Kyle Rodgers

Your first post contained no supporting evidence. That was what I was referring to. That set the stage for the discussion. If you don't want people reacting negatively, set a neutral stage by not being accusatory from the outset and show evidence supporting your argument. Pretty simple stuff.

People started the insults after I posted video and picture links. I was just asking for a helpful person to post an ini file if they had one. I didn't want to come here and start a problem I just noticed incorrect settings in the official file, and was attacked for it. But this argument is repeating itself, I spent some time researching and getting helpful info through PM from someone that owns the TNT dvd from Justplanes so while not perfect it has mostly correct settings I can post it here for you to verify and anyone to use once I land in my across the Atlantic trip to ATL. - David Lee