Sign in to follow this  
Bonanza90

Orbx

You need to tell us about your computer, sim version and settings.  Blurries and slow loading autogen is often caused by a stressed system and is worse on some sims than others.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I have a 8 core Processor, 8320E 8 gigs of ram 1600mhz, MSI 750TI 2gb of ram. Also having issues going higher then Sparse on Scenery Complexity. If i go normal it starts to run choppy, And thats the only Settings that effects it really hard!! :/

this is in Prepar3D with a single GTX970 and Level of detail set to max, (pretty much everything maxed out as well)

But try check your LOD=6,500000 in fsx.cfg or prepar3d.cfg. 

Maybe its just to much for your system but go for normal autogen if you are in FSX (not sparse)

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

I'll Try 6,500000, But whenever i push it to normal its so choppy. Not even enjoyable and i know i have a system that can handle it, Makes no sense to me. Is 8gb of ram enough?

Makes me sad i just built this computer. It plays all my other games perfectly fine. Idk why FSX has to be so damn complicated!

You cant compare complex flight simulations to ordinary games; very different performance requirements.

MSFS & XP11 - Aviatek G1000 Complex Desktop Trainer - Fulcrum One Yoke - TPR Rudder Pedals - VF TQ6 Throttle - LG 55" OLED Display

FSX is not complicated, it is demanding :wink:  ! Flight simulators are mostly CPU intensive and are at their best with a powerful processor running at 4.2+ GhZ.  That's to say, if you want a smooth ride (with most) the visual goodies. P3D is better than FSX in the sense that it knows how to  better use  a modern graphic card to help the CPU. FSX under DX9 is strictly CPU driven. Overall you have a good system for most of the games but, sorry to say that, it is on the weak side for flight simulators of the FS family (FSX/FSX-SE/Prepar3D)

That doesn't mean that you cannot have a good and rewarding flying experience but you have to make sacrifices on the visual department.  This a trial and error process as the parameters of a smooth ride will be different in the Alaska wilderness or in the LA Basin, at 34000 feet or in a NOE flight. It depends on the addons you're running too, aircraft, scenery and weather. Trials and errors, moving sliders left until you're satsfied

You were complaining of a choppy simulator in OrbX SoCal. The LA/San Diego area is the most dense region addon available for the simulator, autogen-wise, today. There's no way that your CPU/GPU couple can cope if you do not reduce the autogen density Also, for many users, including me (4770@4.4GHz + 780Ti), the LAX+ small numerous airports heavy traffic can kill the smoothness if over 10%. BTW, Socal is not only LA/SD, you've a great scenery East of the hills in the desert !

The circle that you see, sharp textures close to you, blurrier further out, and the slow building loading (the infamous autogen popping) are "features" of FSX/DX9. There is no real cure for them. Increasing the LOD from 6.5 to 8.5 will indeed help but has a price in term of FPS. This is why I, among many, gave up FSX to go Prepar3D where the sharpness circle is wider and autogen popping almost invisible. Using FSX under DX10 would help too (as far as I remember).

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I don't wanna be "that guy" but your 750ti is definitely a very low end video card to expect moving the slider to high values and it NOT be choppy...

Okay, Well Honestly. I don't have a bunch of money to spend on a video card. But what is a decent video card that will be able to perform better in FSX honestly! 

I don't wanna be "that guy" but your 750ti is definitely a very low end video card to expect moving the slider to high values and it NOT be choppy...

The 750ti isn't that bad. I had one (upgraded recently) and had most of my P3D settings on high. Ran about 25fps in the PMDG 777 with ASN at complex airports.

It's your CPU that's limiting your PC. I hate to break it to you, Bonanza90, but AMD CPUs are awful for FSX/P3D.

Okay, Well Honestly. I don't have a bunch of money to spend on a video card. But what is a decent video card that will be able to perform better in FSX honestly! 

IMHO, no performance gain is going to offset the cost of a video card upgrade from your 750 Ti, unless you can get a good deal or have need of it for other games/applications. 

Perhaps if you jump to P3D, but not FSX.  

I made a jump fro a 9800 GT+ to a 560 Ti to a 760 and in none of the cases did the benefit offset the cost.  Although I'm sure there was some benefit to the added memory from the 1G 9800 GT+ to the 2GB 560 Ti.

The best cost to benefit jump was in CPU and overclocking to 4.5GHZ.

Ernest Pergrem

Yeah, I like AMD, There are always pros and cons in Both intel and AMD, And this is one for AMD! Now if i overclock my CPU Will i get any more of a performance? I have a 212evo Cpu Cooler will that help at all?

I have a 212evo Cpu Cooler will that help at all?

Immensely!  Your CPU will turbo up to 4.0 GHz... have you seen it do that while simming?  If it will turbo that high then you should be able to overclock it even more.  A solid simming experience is centered on a balanced system... but as Ernie noted above, it all starts with CPU horsepower.

Greg

Immensely!  Your CPU will turbo up to 4.0 GHz... have you seen it do that while simming?  If it will turbo that high then you should be able to overclock it even more.  A solid simming experience is centered on a balanced system... but as Ernie noted above, it all starts with CPU horsepower.

Greg

Okay. Well i guess i'm gonna be doing an overclock! i know i can get it higher then 4ghz. I just ordered a new PSU Also! Cause i'm currently using a 4 pin in my cpu power on my Mobo. Since it held me over for awhile! And also Simmering What does that mean? Like Stuttering? And also if i only have it plugged in with a 4 pin Cpu power could that affect performance?