Sign in to follow this  
Graham Nicol

737 NGX Auto Throttle Disconnect Question

Hi,

Having just updated my 737-600/700/800/900 today from SP1C to SP1D and I have noticed one change so far, that I'm not sure is intended....?

When the 737 auto throttle was disconnected before the update, it required two pushes; 1. to disconnect 2. to supress the flashing A/T warning light.

After updating to 1D, the warning light flashes once then extinguishes after only one press of the switch.

Have only tried it so far on my current test flight in the -800, but wondered is this a change, or is it now a configurable items tucked away somewhere? Is anyone else noticing this?

Many thanks in advance,

Graham.

As far as I know for P3D and the latest version of the NGX the AT works as you described above requiring two presses. How are you disconnecting the AT? Interfaced through FSUIPC or keyboard assignment or something else? 

Hi Angelo

Disconnect is being done on a button key assignment (set in FSUIPC and matching the PMDG key assignment), but it also does this when clicking the A/T disconnect button on the panel with the mouse.

It also happens when doing the key presses on the keyboard...so no FSUIPC involved at that stage.

That's how I've always done it, but now after SP1d, a single push and no on-going warning light flash.

Graham.

The AP requires two pushes of the button, one to disconnect AP and the second to silence the alarm. The AT only requires one to disconnect. NO alarm other than a light which quickly goes out. Doesn't matter if you activate the switch either via a mouse or key assignment, result is the same.

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

Bob,

I agree that's what happens, but before the AT kept flashing to highlight the fact that AT had disconnected. No aural alerts before either, hence checking whether this is an intentional change. Having flown a full motion 737 recently, even that had the AT warning flash that required a second press to extinguish the warning light (no aural alert  just the light and hence the double press, which after SP1d is no more it seems...).

I recall the 737 behaving this way as well. I know these are different airplanes but the 777 is in the same family, the MD11 and 777 both had you press AT Discon twice to clear the visual warning. 

Bob,

I agree that's what happens, but before the AT kept flashing to highlight the fact that AT had disconnected. No aural alerts before either, hence checking whether this is an intentional change. Having flown a full motion 737 recently, even that had the AT warning flash that required a second press to extinguish the warning light (no aural alert  just the light and hence the double press, which after SP1d is no more it seems...).

It's definitely still there. Perhaps you have your FSUIPC button set up to repeat while pressed.

Full names in the forum, too, please - first and last.

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle,

Def not a FSUIPC issue as the keystroke command does the very same thing. Also, the FSIUIPC has no repeat ticked.

You definitely have to press it twice to cancel the flashing.

Also - the forum name thing is a requirement for the body of your text, as you can see here:

\/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/

Kyle Rodgers

Name changes duly made, but problem still exists AFTER upgrading to SP1d.

But I guess what you're really saying is, there is no answer. I know what it is meant to do, the whole point is it doesn't.

Back to 1c it is then...waste of a day.

Name changes duly made

Thank you.

But I guess what you're really saying is, there is no answer. I know what it is meant to do, the whole point is it doesn't.

On your computer...

Back to 1c it is then...waste of a day.

Sorry, but that's not something that was caused by SP1d.

Kyle Rodgers

It's only my computer I'm concerned with...and it was only performing the 1d upgrade that caused the issue.

But I now understand that there's no support for such things, so no problem, I thought I'd give it a go.

You can delete the thread now as it's of zero value to anyone :)

You definitely have to press it twice to cancel the flashing.

Also - the forum name thing is a requirement for the body of your text, as you can see here:

\/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/

If I use the mouse to turn off AT switch, the AT light continues to blink until I click on the light. If I use the joystick via FSUIPC ( sends AT Arm command, not set to repeat), the light goes off immediately. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

It's only my computer I'm concerned with...

Right, but if it was a problem with our code, it would be a problem on more than just your computer.

The implied issue there was "there is something on your computer preventing our software from working properly." In other words: "it isn't a problem with our code."

But I now understand that there's no support for such things

Not sure what you're saying with this.

If I use the mouse to turn off AT switch, the AT light continues to blink until I click on the light. If I use the joystick via FSUIPC ( sends AT Arm command, not set to repeat), the light goes off immediately. 

The sim AT Arm? That isn't the AT disconnect set in the FMC Menu, so that would make sense.

Kyle Rodgers

Well, I'd suggest there's certainly potential for code or other issues, given the precarious nature of the Sp1c to SP1d update. Having read all the issues that came out of that on these forums, a process that subsequently requires manual file deletes in addition to the normal uninstall routine leaves some questions as to how well that routine was tested.

As to the "no support" comment; You've demonstrated my point with your previous statement in the post above. In essence saying, you (the customer) has a problem, it's your machine, your problem and not PMDG's.