Sign in to follow this  
Graham Nicol

737 NGX Auto Throttle Disconnect Question

Well, I'd suggest there's certainly potential for code or other issues, given the precarious nature of the Sp1c to SP1d update. Having read all the issues that came out of that on these forums, a process that subsequently requires manual file deletes in addition to the normal uninstall routine leaves some questions as to how well that routine was tested.

It was a suggestion to be absolutely sure there wouldn't be any issues. It's not necessary, but it's something we recommend to our beta teams to be sure older files aren't hanging around. I'm failing to see how it is "precarious." Sounds more like there's an agenda here for some reason...

As to the "no support" comment; You've demonstrated my point with your previous statement in the post above. In essence saying, you (the customer) has a problem, it's your machine, your problem and not PMDG's.

Correct. If this were truly an issue with our code, it would occur on more than just your computer. The fact that this isn't all over the forum, and not on my computer, suggests that the fact of the matter is that something is interfering on your computer, or something in your setup.

We cannot realistically write code that is specific to each and every possible processor, hardware, and third-party add-on that exists out there. A little bit of troubleshooting is going to be required in simming, regardless of who writes the software.

Kyle Rodgers

No agenda whatsoever, other than trying to get something working that used to work.

I've not asked for PMDG support before, but thought I would try today...

Agree about troubleshooting and asking the question here seemed reasonable to me.

Regardless, I have now "solved" the problem by regressing to my working image which uses SP1C, where once again it all works.

As I said, feel free to delete the thread as no-one will learn anything about solving this issue if they experience it.

Kyle, All,

Just an update to let you know that a simple uninstalling and reinstalling the PMDG updates worked this time (from my good baseline).... i.e. the A/P disconnect now works exactly as before.

the difference? The only thing I didn't do is delete the various files mentioned in the Sp1d upgrade threads. This may be coincidence or, it may have been a factor on my individual installation...no idea, but either way it now works.

Update: oops, spoke too soon. AT disconnect flashes just once on turning off using AT Disconnect sw, no 2nd press needed; Turning AT Arm off flashes continuously until AT Dis is pressed. again So still not right for some reason :-/

Regards,

Graham.

This looks to be a conflict with FSUIPC. Try a clean reinstall with no old files.

Reading Bob's posts he is not configured correctly either. He states that using the mouse he clicks once on the A/T disconnect and once more on the A/T blinking red light to extinguish. That equates to two pushes on the controller button. The way it should be.