Sign in to follow this  
raymar

Thinking about a new AP popup

Hey Gang, How bout some ideas for a new AP popup that will fit on the screen a little better? Maybe on top of the new, smaller FLT INFO box. Regards, Ray

New AP popup proposal_1024.jpg

Alternare combo for AP_1024.jpg

VC w new popup AP.jpg

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Hi Ray

Good Idea, I'll take a look later today.

Cheers.

I would only say that you did such a good job on the click-spots, the AP pop-up really isn't needed.  I have programmed the AP/YD function to a button.  Everything else is right in front of you in the VC, either on the AP panel above the PFD or in the new PFD click-spots.  The only things missing are the roll control twist knob and the TURB botton, which I never use anyway. 

Personally, I would rather see a correction to the "ALTSEL" indication logic.  It seems to be the only thing that doesn't work quite right.  Contrary to others, I am having good luck with the FLC. 

The "ALTSEL" problem manifests itself by being present when it should not be, and by not being present when it should. 

The white ALTSEL indication should never be present if the green ALT indication is on (you don't need to have an altitude selected because you are already holding the selected altitude).

The white ALTSEL indication should never be present if the green GS indication is on.  The vertical path is defined by GS indications and does not try to capture an altitude. 

The white ALTSEL indication should always be present if the green VS, FLC, or PIT indication is active.  The vertical path modes require an endpoint.  

Note:  The above logic comes from the G1000 operators manual, but I would expect the PL21 logic is no different.  

I'm going to look at the XML logic for the ALTSEL indication.  I am not nearly as expert as others here, but maybe I can find something. 

I agree with Whami.  The existing clickspots work extremely well.  That's not to say that the proposed mod might be helpful for others.  

With the PFD modifications that allow for adjustments to HDG/CRS/SPD/ and VS, I am finding that I am using the PFD more as I have set my EZDOK settings to get a better view of the PFD area which also allows me to press the appropriate buttons.

I know that there has been discussion about a possible page two for the flight information panel.  It would be great to see some of the V speed info on page two.  Maybe that can be considered?