Sign in to follow this  
Maltloaf

VoxATC Echanced UK add-on, any good?

I posted in another thread but got no reply so decided to start a thread with the question in the title.  Is the VoxATC Echanced (enhanced maybe) UK add-on worth £29.99.  It reports to be in line with CAP413 and UK voice procedure which appeals to me a lot.  However, there are no reviews on the UK distributer's website (RCsimulations.co.uk) and as yet I have not manage to find anybody that has it.  Question is simply, does anybody have it, of so is it any good and how so.

I really want this to be really good.  Any info anybody?

Ian

I have been using VOXatc with the UK add on for a few years.

I found it very useful for radio practice whilst doing my PPL 3 years ok.

I don't use the expert mode (no text prompts) as the position reports are extremely prescriptive.

I use it with the Horizon/UK2000 scenery and airfields. One thing I found was that some of the radio & ATIS frequencies and circuit (left or right hand) are incorrect. This is not the fault of VOXatc, it is the scenery that is incorrect. VOXatc uses this for its information. I found an editor AFX that enables circuit directions and frequencies to be edited.

I have recently migrated to FSX-SE and my first circuits with VOXatc were all ok.

I am pretty much in the same boat,  doing PPL and Vox ATC is really good training tool but  wondering if the extra £29 quid is worth it.  How different is the UK add on?  I know it says it does MATZ etc but does FSX even know where the MATZ are?

Ian

FSX doesn't know where the MATZs are, I use Plan G for flight planning which does have SOME MATZ (Benson zone is not there). It's up to you to request MATZ penetration/transit through VOXatc. So it is purely procedural.

I don't recall the UK specific differencies, I'll check and post tomorrow.

Roger

I have created a scenery addon that replaces all the UK airspace and updates it to current specifications, including MATZs :)

www.flightsimscenery.blogspot.com

also available through cixvfrclub

The vox uk aenhancement is an absolute must have IMHO if you are trying to fly properly in the UK

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas14 3200 DDR4; RTX3090

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the link, it looks good, i'll give it a try.

Ian. There is a 44 page document covering the UK enhancements, which includes an example VFR flight and an IFR flight.

The VFR flight from Plymouth to Kemble and includes a MATZ penetration and a Danger Area Crossing service for D012.

It also covers Emergencies, Urgencies (Pan Pan Pan) and LARS. The big advantage is you "speak with ATC" not just select an option on a menu. For me, this makes the whole experience much more immersive and not just a game.

Regards

Roger

Thanks Kevin, I'll give that a good looking into.

Roger, where is the 44 page manual? I can only find the normal one, not one covering the UK enhancements

Thanks

Ian

Kevin,

A slight aside after seeing your link,  and as a Jerseyman living on the mainland, has your Jersey project ever gone puplic?  Watched the video link and 'I can see my house from there' came to mind.

Ian

The manual is on the installation disc

Ah, not that I know much about marketing but I would have thought getting information about your product out to the public was a fairly fundamental issue.  I have been scrabbling around for weeks looking for info on this product.  Hence this post.  I have found a fairly uniformative video and one paragraph on the RC Simulation website.  Not exactly the hard sell.

Ian

I have created a scenery addon that replaces all the UK airspace and updates it to current specifications, including MATZs :)

www.flightsimscenery.blogspot.com

also available through cixvfrclub

The vox uk aenhancement is an absolute must have IMHO if you are trying to fly properly in the UK

Kevin,

Have tried to load this but hit a snag.  the files in the read me do not match the ones in the folder (BNXWorld1_amended.BGL rather than BNXWorld1.BGL and ENR5.1 Danger Areas.BGL which isn't mentioned).  I have tried a couple of options like just removing '_amended' but get an error of 'area 135 missing in Addon Scenery Folder' when the scenery loads.  Any thoughts?

Bnxworld01 is meant to replace the default file in scenery/world/scenery

The new file of mine simply has all the uk default airspace removed from it

Just rename the original default file with a .OFF file extension or something similar

Then place the new file in an active scenery folder

The other files are all named according to their corresponding sections in the uk eAIP

Hence ENR5.1 danger areas

They are all separated out for a) ease of maintenance and b) so users can choose to only use those specific parts of the AIP if they choose to do so

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas14 3200 DDR4; RTX3090

xaP1VAU.png

Bnxworld01 is meant to replace the default file in scenery/world/scenery

The new file of mine simply has all the uk default airspace removed from it

Just rename the original default file with a .OFF file extension or something similar

Then place the new file in an active scenery folder

The other files are all named according to their corresponding sections in the uk eAIP

Hence ENR5.1 danger areas

They are all separated out for a) ease of maintenance and B) so users can choose to only use those specific parts of the AIP if they choose to do so

I am probably being dumb but there is no Bnxworld01 in your file, only Bnxworld01_ammended.bgl which I have shortened to Bnxworld01.bgl.  Where does ENR5.1 danger areas go?  It looks the similar to the files in the UK Air space folder.

Ian

BNX...amended is the same as the default BNX file but without the default uk airspace definitions. It has the 'amended' suffix simply to enable it to be easily distinguished :)

All other bgls can go in any active scenery folder.

xaP1VAU.png

Kevin

Firstly, thanks for work you have done on creating this airspace.

I too am confused. The zip file contains the following:

BNXWorld0_amended.BGL

BNXWorld1_amended.BGL

ENR5.1 Danger Areas.BGL

ENR5.1 Prohibited and Restricted Areas.BGL

Readme file

Change log + 2 pictures

UK Airspace Boundaries Folder

Your post above says that the amended are the same as the default? should there be a couple of other bgl files?

Roger

I said its the same, apart from having the default uk airspace definitions removed :)

I recommend putting the best x..amended files in ghe same folder as the default ones (sim default folder/scenery/world/scenery) and renaming the default file suffixes to something other than.bgl so the sim doesnt attempt to load them :)

xaP1VAU.png