Sign in to follow this  
Maltloaf

VoxATC Echanced UK add-on, any good?

That is just repeating what you said in the read me text and it still doesn’t make sense.  I have got it working now but not by exactly your method. 

1.   I have changed the BNXWorld0.BGL to BNXWorld0.BGL.orig  (as you instructed) to stop it being used and changed BNXWorld0_amended.BGL to BNXWorld0.BGL  (and BNXWorld1_amended.BGL obviously).  When you start up FSX now the whole of UK airspace is missing which I assume is the point of the exercise at this point. 

2.   I put the UK Airspace Boundaries Folder in addon Scenery folder and activated it but couldn’t get it to show in FSX or Plan G. 

3.   However, when I put the ENR5.1 Danger Areas.BGL and ENR5.1 Prohibited and Restricted Areas.BGL in ‘any active folder’ as you advised (actually the world/scenery folder along with BNXWorld0.BGL etc) Plan G picked them up.

4.    So…..next I made a copy of the world/scenery folder for safety sake and then dropped the contents of UK Airspace Boundaries Folder in world/scenery folder and hey presto.  Plan G shows all the UK airspace boundaries (MATZ et al) and FSX shows the ICOA and regional boundaries in the flight planning, but not danger areas and MATZ (I assume FSX does not understand them).

Next I flew with VOXATC and it seem to recognize what was going on and all OK.

Brilliant work Kevin.

1. It doesnt matter actually what the file is called :) you could call it burptrump.bgl and it would still work :P

2. You may have made a schoolboy error with scenery folders then somewhere, it does work I assure you :)

3&4. Proves (2) as they then worked!

Accurate airspace is fundamental to proper working of both default and addon ATC

Note though that the lower airways etc do not yet all have accurate comms frequencies assigned, but ultimately they will do and ATC will work even better then :)

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas14 3200 DDR4; RTX3090

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

That is just repeating what you said in the read me text and it still doesn’t make sense.  I have got it working now but not by exactly your method. 

1.   I have changed the BNXWorld0.BGL to BNXWorld0.BGL.orig  (as you instructed) to stop it being used and changed BNXWorld0_amended.BGL to BNXWorld0.BGL  (and BNXWorld1_amended.BGL obviously).  When you start up FSX now the whole of UK airspace is missing which I assume is the point of the exercise at this point. 

2.   I put the UK Airspace Boundaries Folder in addon Scenery folder and activated it but couldn’t get it to show in FSX or Plan G. 

3.   However, when I put the ENR5.1 Danger Areas.BGL and ENR5.1 Prohibited and Restricted Areas.BGL in ‘any active folder’ as you advised (actually the world/scenery folder along with BNXWorld0.BGL etc) Plan G picked them up.

4.    So…..next I made a copy of the world/scenery folder for safety sake and then dropped the contents of UK Airspace Boundaries Folder in world/scenery folder and hey presto.  Plan G shows all the UK airspace boundaries (MATZ et al) and FSX shows the ICOA and regional boundaries in the flight planning, but not danger areas and MATZ (I assume FSX does not understand them).

Next I flew with VOXATC and it seem to recognize what was going on and all OK.

Brilliant work Kevin.

Thanks Ian,

I did steps 1 & 2 same as you and did not show up in Plan G.

I'll follow 3 & 4. And that should fix it.

Dont want to be rude but its worked just fine for me. There really must be something wrong in the scenery folder setup for the airspace not to be visible in an active scenery folder, but ok when in world scenery etc.

World scenery folder simply takes priority thats all.

Suggest you ensure scenery folder is titled correctly and active.

Also ensure PlanG is set to actually scan the folder you placed it in!

Can also place the BNX files in the same folder as the rest of the scenery, just not recommended

Sorry for your difficulties but theres little more I can say, it does work for me and many others...

Cheers K

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas14 3200 DDR4; RTX3090

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png