Sign in to follow this  
Maltloaf

Is there UK and European phrasiology in P2ATC?

Question in the title.  I note that P2ATC can be set to HPa and Decimal rather than US terms, but what about the rest.  Will it be possible to use/listen to UK terminology either by setting or dependant on where you are flying?

Thanks

hi,

I too would like to see the EU/UK phrasiology avaiable.This would further increase the appeal of this program.

It is a pity that in the real world no world standard exists except that which governs the use of English!

Thanks

Norman,

Does that mean you know there is not UK terminology in this program?  That would be a shame.

Ian

Ian,

I am in the middle of recovering from surgery,so that it will take me some time to give a full response.

The main problems appear to centre around if the program is picking up the correct ways of say clearance delivery at various airports for example.I have flown various flights and not yet had a fully trouble free one!

Bear with me as I do some detail research.The developers own admission ,the say it function is a weak point so that if we can help him produce an acurate product we should provide him some support.

Norman,

Thanks for the reply.  This seems like it has huge potential. I am trying to get my head around UK airspace control and CAP413 in particular. I would offer any support I can if it meant correct regional proceedures. Good luck with the research and the recovery

Ian

OK, not much action here. I have been scouting around about the UK enhancement to VOXATC and whilst it is probably not cricket to discuss one product on a forum relating to another, the vanilla version of VOX does use some UK terminology and the UK add-on I gather does much more, so I would like to try and kick start some information out of anybody reference the applicably of Pilot2atc to VFR/IFR UK flying and I am assuming this is at least a reasonable slice of the potential market. 

I know the developers occasionally drop in here so can they (or anybody else) please answer the question in the title before I am forced to purchase another product due to lack of information.

Simply, does P2ATC support UK/European terminology and procedures beyond HPa and decimal? 

Thanks (smiley face etc etc)

I really don’t mean to sound grumpy but it is a very simple and reasonable question that anybody who owns the app will know.

At present, P2A does not support UK specific language or procedures.  It is something I'm looking toward for the future. I am working with some users to see what changes would need to be made so I can evaluate what it will take to add this capability, but it's not there yet.  Getting the product out of Beta is the top priority at the moment.

Thanks for your interest,

Dave

Dave,

Thanks for the quick response.  I fully appreciate your priorities and it was the answer I expected.  Keep the market on this side on the pond in mind as you progress and the very best of luck with the launch of this exciting product.

Ian