Sign in to follow this  
Speedbird 52

There is too much fanboyism in this community

But we still have to respect and mentor our younger brothers and sisters, because the make up a pretty large segment of our community.

Best wishes and Happy Flights to all!

+1

Edited by n4gix
deleted excessive quote.
  • Upvote 1

First world problems for Boeing heavy metal fans ("my B7x7 is better than yours!"). Still waiting for a top-tier dev to make a good regional jet for FSX/P3D.  :Waiting:

I think if you have a product that does what you want and you enjoy it, and it's not full of bugs that drive you nuts, and folks that made it support it and stand behind it, then it's a good choice and who is to say otherwise. Just ignore the trolls and the self-appointed know-it-alls.

Barry Friedman

Sort of reminds me of some heated discussions on the flightsim forums back some 10, or more, years ago. Specifically, Ford is better than Chevy, Coke is better than Pepsi, and Ferrari is better than Maserati. Lots of support on both sides of those issues and the arguments for and against still go on today. Such is the world we live in.....even when it comes to flight simulator "stuff".

Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Easy answer to the fanboyism. Just make AVISM 18+ and all those little kids who have no idea won't be a problem.

Problem solved. :)

Cmon! I am under 18, and fairly mature. Honestly, I can very easily find some 15 year olds more mature then some 25 year olds...

• Upvote 1

Easy answer to the fanboyism. Just make AVISM 18+ and all those little kids who have no idea won't be a problem.

Age does not equal maturity.

Hence, the term manchildren being formed.

This place is calmer than a lot of places I've been to.

• Upvote 1

Age != Maturity.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!! 

Where?

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!! 

Where?

The '!=' means NOT EQUAL TO. It's programming syntax.

Therefore, translated into grammar, it means 'Age does not equal maturity'

• Upvote 1

The '!' means NOT. It's programming syntax.

I probably should have written it as a word. Fixed it.

Where?

One such place mentioned here, I was in a sweat, due to the amount of stress from just reading the posts on this particular forum.

Your first mistake: reading comments on Youtube (or even news websites)

I don't think that's the mistake. I comment on YouTube and engage in YT conversations all the time.

The mistake is not filtering the trolls out. That video is prone to trolling in the first place: first because it doesn't make much sense as the OP says to compare products that are 10 years apart and second because the video doesn't approach the comparison in a rigorous way (the objectively horrible music doesn't help either, haha).

• Upvote 1

Jaime Beneyto

My real life aviation and flight simulation videos [English and Spanish]

System: i9 9900k OC 5.0 GHz | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Asus Z390-F

so please lets have a constructive discussion, about this topic.

But why? What is here to discuss? Who cares what some ###### writes about anything.

On top of that you exhibit all the traits of one of those fan-boys you are so eager to rail against.

You are under 18? - it shows.

BTW, I own neither of these two products, never owned any 747 sim, never cared for a 747 on my desktop but just looking at this video alone - I would have a hard time picking up the winner. I did notice a most likely slightly better resolution of the iFly's cockpit rendering. 

It will be with us forever. You kick fanboyism off one platform, they eventually find another. That is life. It is up to the rest of us just simply to ignore them, preferably with no comment.

To compare two items so far apart in terms of point in time of release to market is pointless, that is the opnly comment I will make on this video.

Now, if two companies release the same airport/aircraft or whatever at pretty much the same point in time, then a constructive and objective comparison of the two products helps us as consumers to decide which one fits us better.

Time to move along...

A

To compare two items so far apart in terms of point in time of release to market is pointless

There could be a point to it. Even though I agree that time makes a difference, some products are so good that the passing of time does them no harm (I'm not addressing the PMDG 747 here, just speaking in general). Also you could compare them with respect to features that are no or very little "time-dependant", like for instance system depth and accuracy and so on. To me the video is pointless because of how it approaches the comparison, with very little rigour and no explanations at all; but not because of the fact of comparing itself.

I would for instance gladly read a rigorous comparison of the Level-D 767 (2005-ish) and the FlightFactor 767 (2016), just as an example.

Not trying to "disqualify" your opinion or anything, just adding a different point of view :)

Jaime Beneyto

My real life aviation and flight simulation videos [English and Spanish]

System: i9 9900k OC 5.0 GHz | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Asus Z390-F

Still waiting for a top-tier dev to make a good regional jet for FSX/P3D. :Waiting:

To me, for FSX, the Feelthere Embraer ERJ145 falls into this category !

To me, for FSX, the Feelthere Embraer ERJ145 falls into this category !

Great addon, great systems, I would love Feelthere to revisit this one.

Hi Folks,

Yep - 2 Hour flights are about the limits of my endurance - I never use time compression... Regional jets fit that bill nicely - Feelthere's ERJ with McPhat paint was one of my all time favorite's - really well done model and sorely missed - tried it in P3D/Win10 - couldn't get it to work right - same for the Coolsky MD-80... As I'm a huge fan of DA - I guess I'm waiting on the CRJ - seems close... All I have in P3D now is a bunch of GA, (2) turbo props, and a (1) biz jet... No real interest in modern Boeing or Airbus...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7