Sign in to follow this  
Speedbird 52

There is too much fanboyism in this community

You only have to look at the multitude of useless and brain dead comments and requests on YouTube videos from Matt Davies and Froogle to see that most folks have no idea. I would say avsim posters are a small percentage of simulation users and even we can be an odd bunch at times :)

Armchair pilots discussing armchair renditions of airplanes made for armchair simulations. Yep, they surely got a grip on things.

You don't know what you don't know. Thus based on their experience they are experts and can even Google a webpage that will confirm their opinions. 

To me, for FSX, the Feelthere Embraer ERJ145 falls into this category !

Great addon, great systems, I would love Feelthere to revisit this one.

Agreed, the FT ERJ was a good addon that I used to fly quite a bit. An update would be welcome. In it's current form I think it's too dated and FT seems to have stopped maintaining it so I moved on.

Barry Friedman

Agreed, the FT ERJ was a good addon that I used to fly quite a bit. An update would be welcome. In it's current form I think it's too dated and FT seems to have stopped maintaining it so I moved on.

I never got it since I had other airplanes that filled that commuter gap for myself (e.g. J41).  Now that I'm in P3D my PMDG airplanes are gone so I'm hunting around for something to scratch that itch.  The ERJs seemed like a possible fit (light complexity).  Still pretty nice looking to my eyes.  I see that someone's posted tutorials recently...

I've been looking at the A320 as well...not yet sure what to think about it...no throttle management at all, just take off and the airplane pretty much does the rest?  Cool but...a little boring...maybe?  Anybody have thoughts?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

What's wrong with the 737 and a320 for short flights? There are dozens of routes that are less than 2 hours using these or is it a case of wanting something different?

My thoughts on the a320, it's only like using auto throttle and auto pilot in a 737. Still plenty of things to do on a short haul just like there is in the 737.

Chris

Now that I'm in P3D my PMDG airplanes are gone so I'm hunting around for something to scratch that itch.  The ERJs seemed like a possible fit (light complexity).  Still pretty nice looking to my eyes.  I see that someone's posted tutorials recently...

FT has stated they don't support their products in P3D: http://forum.simflight.com/topic/80476-ejets-vol2/

I've been looking at the A320 as well...not yet sure what to think about it...no throttle management at all, just take off and the airplane pretty much does the rest?  Cool but...a little boring...maybe?

I don't have the latest Aerosoft bus but I tried the AXE and I found it quite boring.

I love the J41 (still using FSX). In the absence of a good RJ it's my favorite.

The CS727 might be good too but I've never flown it.

Barry Friedman

I love the J41 (still using FSX). In the absence of a good RJ it's my favorite.

That was a great one for me as well.  Easy to set up and a joy to fly...if you could manage the engines.  I got the Q400 to replace it but it's an entirely different beast.  Spent about 6 hours today reading, studying flows, running through checklists and got through 90% of the tutorial flight and now I have a headache.  I don't really care for spending a long time on preflight much which is one reason I've been pondering the Aerosoft A320.

My thoughts on the a320, it's only like using auto throttle and auto pilot in a 737. Still plenty of things to do on a short haul just like there is in the 737.

Possibly.  May be be good for flying on VATSIM or IVAO.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

never got it since I had other airplanes that filled that commuter gap for myself (e.g. J41). Now that I'm in P3D my PMDG airplanes are gone so I'm hunting around for something to scratch that itch. The ERJs seemed like a possible fit (light complexity). Still pretty nice looking to my eyes. I see that someone's posted tutorials recently...

Gregg, the ERJ 135/145 are much better in my opinion than the 195 etc, i did not like that one at all but the ERJ 145 was very nice

If  you guys are looking for a challenge and/or to be kept busy on shorter flights, consider the Majestic Dash 8 Pro.  I've been flying the Pro weekly for going on 6 years (Beta Tester) and it's an incredible model.

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I reckon that Quality Wings need to make sure that they keep the P3D compatibility of their Avro RJ/BAe 146 updated. This is one very good regional jet, and not something that should be left to fade away into the history books.

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I've been looking at the A320 as well...not yet sure what to think about it...no throttle management at all, just take off and the airplane pretty much does the rest? Cool but...a little boring...maybe? Anybody have thoughts?

Isn't that one of the classic faux pas comments about the `bus? :-) I've always found that there's just as much (or as little...) to do as in any other modern automated aircraft. And don't forget you've got to manage the slide out tables!

The FSL A320 should be the definitive airbus, if it ever gets finished...

Ian

• Upvote 1

Understatement :wink:  try next year  maybe :P

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Isn't that one of the classic faux pas comments about the `bus? :-) I've always found that there's just as much (or as little...) to do as in any other modern automated aircraft. And don't forget you've got to manage the slide out tables!

Ian

Yes, never understood this. Sure, you can leave the throttles in the detent and the thrust will be automatically handled or, just like the 737, you can use the manual range. Other than this and of course the flyby wire sidestick controls, it's an airliner just like the boeings are.

Yes, never understood this. Sure, you can leave the throttles in the detent and the thrust will be automatically handled or, just like the 737, you can use the manual range. Other than this and of course the flyby wire sidestick controls, it's an airliner just like the boeings are.

I hope I didn't come off complaining...just scratching my head and asking the same question I have kept asking myself...would it be interesting.  Seems like there are a lot of folks that like it.  Yes, I do love flying by hand...I'm one of the worst at under-using the autopilot (I'll get around to learning how to use it better...someday...but not today).  Also, I have a yoke and no joystick (*sigh*) and I imagine A320 pilots looking at me in abject horror...

"Aghhh!  A yoke!  Turn it off!  Turn it off!"

"I'll buy one...I promise!"

:)

Gregg Seipp