Sign in to follow this  
leghorn

EddieSkyPack - freeware sky colors and environment package

Yes, they are :)

Ok, thanks!

I had to stop using ReShade as it interfered with several other programs such as Active Sky, TrackIR, PFPX etc. For some reason, I had to open these programs at specific time points when loading the or else it would freeze and crash. If I turned ReShade off, every worked as normal.

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Hello Viktor, and thank you for your work!

Could you please confirm if the Eddie SkyPack 1.1 + Eddie Reshade Preset works with the latest P3D version? Or with the 3.4.9?

Just confirming it so i can install it properly, thanks once again and keep up the good work!

Thanks for your hard work!

I downloaded your sky pack from your website but there is only the /texture/ folder included, no ReShade Preset or something, information about HDR Settings, PTA Settings, ... could you maybe tell me where I can find?

Greetings

Hi there,

The images look awesome indeed! Thank you VERY much for your hard work, Victor!!!

I'm a little bit confused though... And have a couple of questions...

- What is ReShade preset?

- Can I use your set (ESP) in FSX Acceleration?

- I found two folders under the Google Drive link provided above: Full Themes and User Requests. Which one should I download and install?

- I read the whole thread and according to your website the pack should contain photoreal sky textures and a ReShade preset to go with them, and 24h theme called 'Trans Atlantic'. But I can only see 140 sky textures inside the rar file. Can you pls clarify this for me?

Thanks again!

Regards,

Victor Quebec

Bump... Victor?

I'm sorry for the late response.

I forgot to update my website. The "Trans Atlantic" theme was removed because i'm now using new techniques and i tend to dislike now my older presets..

ReShade is a post-process visual enhancer that goes separately and it's available for free. Since there are many options there, one could adjust visuals and save them to a preset. It could be then shared. Mine particularly, got temporarily removed, as i'm improving this one as well. I hope to include it again before X-Mas, together with a full new set called "ESP: Winter Edition" http://www.avsim.com/topic/498826-eddieskypack-winter-edition/

My textures are fully compatible with any FSX version but i can't promise the same rayleigh and haze effects.

"Full Themes" are full sets that would overwrite all of your current sky textures.

"User Requests" are separated parts of the day (sunset only for example), that i made in response of private user requests. They send my photos of a sky they would like to have for their sim and i bring them the respective texture in response. Something I'm always open to do for anybody if they want.

I hope this covers your questions. I'm always open for more :)

Have a beautiful day, 

Vic

Thanks a lot, Victor! You've covered my questions in full... :)

And all the best with your current and future endeavors!!!

Regards,

Victor Quebec

leghorn!

After installing your (awesome in every other way) ESP PTA preset I'm experiencing brightness mismatch between world scenery textures (they're bright as expected) and most of my custom sceneries (they're dark like no tweaks are applying to them).

I really don't want to blame your preset, but I'm not a total newbie to PTA and never encountered this problem during my own tweaking. Maybe you have thoughts about what may be the cause of this issue?

I'm using P3Dv3.3, orbx europe and PTA 1.6.

Example of the problem (Tropicalsim LPPR Porto 2014 scenery for P3Dv2):

3jvUyGe.png

And another one (Digital Design ULLI v3 for P3Dv3):

BrG5GTm.png

leghorn!

After installing your (awesome in every other way) ESP PTA preset I'm experiencing brightness mismatch between world scenery textures (they're bright as expected) and most of my custom sceneries (they're dark like no tweaks are applying to them).

I really don't want to blame your preset, but I'm not a total newbie to PTA and never encountered this problem during my own tweaking. Maybe you have thoughts about what may be the cause of this issue?

I'm using P3Dv3.3, orbx europe and PTA 1.6.

Example of the problem (Tropicalsim LPPR Porto 2014 scenery for P3Dv2):

Thank you for your feedback, dimkzr.

I only tested my preset on v.3.2 (and i'm still using 3.2). That may be the culprit as i never experienced the problem you're describing, nor did i have other "complains" like yours. I'll probably have to move to v.3.4 with PTA2 some day. I'll bring my preset to the latest versions and i'll let you know :) :). Again, thanks

I've roughly converted your preset for PTA 2.0 by myself - to no positive effect. Anyway, I think I can live with this - it's hardly the biggest problem we have with our sims :-) Thank you again for such a good preset, in my opinion it's the prettiest one around here!

I've roughly converted your preset for PTA 2.0 by myself - to no positive effect. Anyway, I think I can live with this - it's hardly the biggest problem we have with our sims :-) Thank you again for such a good preset, in my opinion it's the prettiest one around here!

Thank you for the kind words! Glad you're enjoying it.  

Now...  I tested it with an addon scenery and i confirm i have the same problem you described *i'm feeling a bit ashamed  .  I can't believe i haven't noticed it before. I'll try to solve this one and i'll post an updated version. Thank you for your report :)

I doubt it's your fault. My uneducated guess, this has something to do with the way PTA applying its tweaks onto specific textures (and thus P3D rendering itself). As you can see on a screenshot below, even "shadow boosting" for clouds doesn't work on a custom scenery (highway and below):

ejKEUbl.png

I doubt it's your fault. My uneducated guess, this has something to do with the way PTA applying its tweaks onto specific textures (and thus P3D rendering itself). As you can see on a screenshot below, even "shadow boosting" for clouds doesn't work on a custom scenery (highway and below):

I think you're right. Seems PTA doesn't have an option to apply diffuse and ambient lighting settings to ground polys, used in addon sceneries (don't know if it's possible at all)

I converted the preset to PTAv.2. For some reason i'm now getting that nasty shaded effect only with specific angles with the sun. So i guess it's a bit better now. Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxBF4J8BmYLfN0t1S0VZSzhRZE0

dimkzr, thank you again for helping

Best Regards, 

Vic

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.