Sign in to follow this  
jt_williams

NZNI 5 – Wandering down to Wellington

NZNI 5 – Wandering down to Wellington

Starting from Gisborne (NZGS) located on the north end of Poverty Bay, the route proceeds 34nm south and into the Hawke’s Bay Region for our first stop at Wairoa (NZWO). The next stop is Napier (NZNR) which is the nexus of the largest wool center in the Southern Hemisphere and then a short hop to Hastings Airport (NZHS) for a touch and go. The next two airfields are grass strips, Waipukurau (NZYP) and Dannevirke (NZDV).  Proceeding on to Masterton where we land at the Hood Aerodrome (NZMS) location of the "Wings over Wairarapa" airshow . The final leg takes us to the capital city of New Zealand, Wellington (NZWN) which has a reputation for sometimes rough and turbulent landings, even in larger aircraft, due to the channeling effect of Cook Strait creating strong and gusty winds.

The route is 223nm and a cruise speed of 130 knts is planned. Choose your favorite GA aircraft or even the Terrible Texan, but as always you are free to fly what you like.

nzni5.jpg

The FSX / Plan-G flight is here.

Recommended scenery:

Orbx FTX New Zealand North Island

Date and time: Saturday 16 April 2016, 1800 UTC

(NOTE: New UTC start time during Daylight Savings Time Period) http://time.is/UTC

Where: AVSIM RTWR Teamspeak - Casual Flights Channel

Teamspeak Server Address: ts.teamavsim.com

Multiplayer: FSX Multiplayer (IP will be provided on Teamspeak)

If you want to help others enjoy the multiplayer experience, don't forget to enter your aircraft details on the multiplayer spreadsheet! (linked here)

Note to Ron, Set server time to 2:30 UTC, 13:30 Local

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Aaah! A nice relaxing, stress free flight this week. No repeat of last week's fiasco...Per-leeze! :smile:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Hi, fellas.  My son is visiting this weekend from out of town, so regrettably I cannot join the fun today.  See y'all next week!

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

Hi fellows...as you may have seen I have joined the 21 century in computers....after 7 years my i7-920 doesn't cut it any more, and after scrimping and saving for a couple years...

I had NCIX build me a custom PC, final bill $2,700.

As my old machine was a Chevy, this one is a Lamborghini.

So, what this means is that I am at the early stages of loading on all my basic productivity software and beginning to do a complete reinstall of FSX (except, much cleaner...you know like cleaning out the garage of all the unused junk).

After a horrendous issue with activation, I was able to complete a work around and I'm up and running and now adding the various components needed to get into the cockpit again....this is a big job and will take considerable time unfortunately.

But after adding Global, and no fsx.cfg tweaks yet, no OCing yet,  I tested out FSX at KSEA, sliders at MAX 40% traffic all around....and the machine was running at 150-250 fps, as I turned toward Mt Rainier and left the urban maze....the frame jumped up to many hundreds so high I couldn't tell what it was something like 300-400 or so...blazing fast.

And smooth as silk...I am optimistic that I will have a great setup when finished. Will add P3Dv3. Should be able to fly online painlessly one  hopes....soon!

i7-6700 4 Ghz 4.2 Ghz Turbo Skylake

GTX 970 1279 Mhz, 4 Gig GDDR5

Asus z170-A DDR4 Skylake MB

GSKILL Ripjaws 16 Gigs RAM DDR4

Corsair hydro cooling...Corsair 850 W PS Gold

6 internal HDs

the usual card reader, DVD burner

cheers

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3