Sign in to follow this  
RJC68

SkyMaxx Pro V3.1.1 is out

Hi All,

Just got an email from X-Aviation regarding V3.1.1

I have installed this new version and currently enroute form EGHI to EGPF. So far it looks way better than 3.1. I was really struggling with my FPS in clouds and was sometimes in the teens. Tonight I even started to dial back some of my rendering settings in X-Plane which I haven't touched for ages.

Thankfully 3.1.1 seems way better. I noticed the default setting the draw distance is lower for a start. Have to say it looks amazing.

Really looking forward to the weather connector :)

Happy Days 

Richard

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

Good to hear.  Will install my updated version soon.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Will buy it ASAP today - the connector - but will only be able to test it in 12 hrs :-(

Good news regarding 3.1.1 of SMP, probably fine tuned to better interact with the Connector.

I intend to start testing the Connector by disabling the NOAA plugin, and then re-enabling it ( because wind and turbulence injection is really good with this freeware weather injector... )

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Can someone test and report the Real Weather Connector?

I need to know how the plugin load a new clouds?

The frequent freezes (2-4 sec) while changing clouds its fixed?

Ivo Crni

Well, installed in a rush, just before leaving for work and...

3.1.1 + Connector + NOAA plugin work together flawless AND beautifully !!!

tested with LPPT and LPMT weather, and all very plausible.

It's a WINNER !!!!

Very good !

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

The frequent freezes (2-4 sec) while changing clouds its fixed?

That was fixed in the 3.1 update.

Founder of X-Aviation

Also beware that the NOAA plugin can cause freezes by itself, so, when using it with SMP, and now also the connector, the freezes can well come from that plugin as well...

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

I took the NOAA out and am just using the default "real weather".  It looks and feels --- nice!

John

John Wingold

Thx John, 

that's what I intend to test next.

Of course aloft data for non USA regions will only come with 10.50, as someone suggested in one post yesterday...

Main Simulation Rig:

I'm really happy with the combination, 3.3.1 and connector. Dramatic improvements have been made and the overall effect is exactly as one would wish it to be.

I'm really happy with the combination, 3.3.1 and connector. Dramatic improvements have been made and the overall effect is exactly as one would wish it to be.

I agree!  I think X-Aviation (and Sundog) takes a customer support backseat to NO ONE!

Prompt and steady software updates and grooming.  Giving user discounts for product morphology,....top notch user/customer experience!

Cheers,

Mitch/Ses

• Upvote 1

Well, installed in a rush, just before leaving for work and...

3.1.1 + Connector + NOAA plugin work together flawless AND beautifully !!!

tested with LPPT and LPMT weather, and all very plausible.

It's a WINNER !!!!

Very good !

Would love to know what all those acronyms are to understand what you said...  :P

Sorry: They're ICAO designators

LPPT = Lisbon Airport

LPMO = Montijo Air Base

Main Simulation Rig: