GeForce GTX 980 Ti
Intel® Core i7-2700K @ 3.50GHz
16.00GB RAM (15.94 GB usable)
1280x1024,60Hz

Power Source = Corsair 1200 Watts
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64bit
LG Flatron E1910 Monitors (2)

Hi all

I cannot get my second monitor to show up. When I switch it on all i Get is the power saving notice. I have tried every combination I can of plugging in the monitors to the GF980 but nothing I have done makes any difference. Can anyone help me get the problem solved please? I have tried nvidia but never got any replies at all,I blew over $1ooo canadian for this card. and I got nowhere so far.I would be most grateful if someone can help please.

Thanks in advance............John

ps going to FSX for good.

Hi all

I cannot get my second monitor to show up. When I switch it on all i Get is the power saving notice. I have tried every combination I can of plugging in the monitors to the GF980 but nothing I have done makes any difference. Can anyone help me get the problem solved please? I have tried nvidia but never got any replies at all,I blew over $1ooo canadian for this card. and I got nowhere so far.I would be most grateful if someone can help please.
Thanks in advance............John
ps going to FSX for good.

So have you confirmed each that monitor works by plugging each one in separately (ie as a single monitor)?

Assuming they both work have you activated the second monitor in the Windows Screen Resolution setup window?

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Hi

What brand is your GeForce GTX 980 Ti?

I ask, because your card might be different. (mine has 1 DVI, 3 DisplayPorts, 1 HDMI)

I had a similar problem with an EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti ACX 2.0+ and Samsung Monitors.

Happened after I disconnected the DisplayPorts to untangle the cables.

Mon2 went to PSM and Mon3 kept displaying unsupported resolution (its an older 1024x768 Touchscreen) even though I connected them to the same ports.

Neither nVidia Control Panel or Windows Display settings solved the problem.

Reboot, Turning PC and monitors OFF/ON didn't work.

Only solution that worked for me was to disconnect power cables while the PC was ON.

Since then I placed a DO NOT TOUCH sticker to the cables.

Problem is not new, old thread Iin EVGA

Hope that helps.

Update: Just remembered, but did not tried the following: Some Users suggested also unplugging the PC and removing the battery to let the CMOS discharge or reseting the BIOS. Wait 30 minutes and try again. Others blamed the DisplayPort Cables.