Sign in to follow this  
Capt Pugwash

Version 2 performance in P3Dv3.2?

Looking to purchase this now it has v3 Compatable installer...

How is the fps and flight model in P3Dv3.2?

Rgds, Shaun

I went ahead and pulled the trigger on this yesterday and have about a half hour in it, but I was not happy at all with the performance. Frame rates get choppy. I haven't done any scientific tests yet but for comparison I get better performance from the Flight1 Mustang.

Me thinks anything with a propeller will not be more fps friendly than a jet - thats what I have noticed 

Rich Sennett

Me thinks anything with a propeller will not be more fps friendly than a jet - thats what I have noticed 

Huh? The frame rates are low because of the avionics, not the propulsion.

Good point  :wink:

Rich Sennett

only one word .. G1000 ... 

for example (Tested me) Phenom 300 with default G1000 - 25-30fps, with GTN mod - lock 60fps mostly

• Upvote 1

only one word .. G1000 ... 

for example (Tested me) Phenom 300 with default G1000 - 25-30fps, with GTN mod - lock 60fps mostly

Huge difference - didnt realize that - thanks for sharing 

Rich Sennett

Unfortunately that has been my experience with the G1000 also, seems to be very hard on FPS in P3D.  It's a very cool unit, but does seem to cause FPS issues. 

Yes, but props are animated, depending on how that animation is done it can lead to FPS issues ... but agree the G1000 seems to be the highest consumer of FPS (at least in P3D anyway, not sure about FSX).

Cheers, Rob.

Yes, but props are animated, depending on how that animation is done it can lead to FPS issues ... but agree the G1000 seems to be the highest consumer of FPS (at least in P3D anyway, not sure about FSX).

Cheers, Rob.

Please give an example of an add-on for P3D that has FPS issues because of its propeller animations.

Before the TBM the biggest frame rate hog I'd owned was easily the F1 Mustang. The F1 King Air gets better measurably better FPS despite having a similar avionics package, and it has two big animated propellers.

Please give an example of an add-on for P3D that has FPS issues because of its propeller animations.

Before the TBM the biggest frame rate hog I'd owned was easily the F1 Mustang. The F1 King Air gets better measurably better FPS despite having a similar avionics package, and it has two big animated propellers.

Heres one that I noticed - GTX90 - only in spot view - its a bit laggy while panning - I have never had problems in any VC except for the T777 in FSX (small stutters even after updating to a Titan) hence my move to P3D which was a great move excluding all the updates but well worth the hassle

F1 King Air performs better than GTX90 here also

F1 King is a beautiful aircraft wish I knew how to fly it  :wink:

Rich Sennett

While I love the look and feel this aircraft, on my first trip KATL-KMIA at FL300, I have Throttle, Prop, and Condition levers physically pegged and showing all 100% ...flaps in 850 mode. Speed tape is showing 169 Kts while the GUAGES are all showing in the low to mid green…

Since the control indicators are showing 100% I doubt that there is a calibration problem since my physical controls correspond physically maxed out as well…What a my doing wrong ?

Thanks,

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

At 30,000 feet what kind of IAS do you expect?  The air is thinner up there, therefore the IAS is what you are seeing.  Check what your ground speed is.

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

At 30,000 feet what kind of IAS do you expect

the same accuracy I see on my 737NGX's speed tape Under the same conditions

Thanks,

Chas

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

I see.   And what kind of accuracy is that?  Why is the 737's speed tape accurate, but the TBM850's is not?  What is the basis of your comparison?

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

Just never had trouble believing the airspeed on the NGX's speed tape...guess I got to go back and reeducate myself to the differences between "IAS", "CAS", "TAS", "EAS", density airspeed and groundspeed....

also...not finding GS on the MFD just goes to show you the effects of hopping in a brand-new plane without R'ingTFM.

Chas