Sign in to follow this  
MadMackem

FSX or FSX-SE

I'm sure this topic would have been started else where, but I can't find it. So a one liner on the advantages/dis-advantages of changing to FSX-SE from FSX would be appreciated.

Cheers.

One liner: if a change, then to Prepar3d v3.2. If no change, then buy the DX10 Fixer. Point.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

FSX-SE , it is better optimized for today's hardware.  Either sim should have the DX10 Fixer.

One liner: if a change, then to Prepar3d v3.2. If no change, then buy the DX10 Fixer. Point.

Got DX10 Fixer, reason for asking because I have both , but upgraded PC and only installed FSX.

FSX-SE , it is better optimized for today's hardware.  Either sim should have the DX10 Fixer.

Thanks, thats one advantage I guess.

I just installed FSX-SE this week after running FSX Accel the past 5 years.  Except for the Steam nonsense SE is very nice... runs better (as in... better graphics and better performance) than FSX.  I'll be staying with SE.

Greg

Well, if you have anyway both and the DX10 Fixer, the question is obsolete, no? Why you installed FSX only instead of only FSX:SE? Makes no sense...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Well, if you have anyway both and the DX10 Fixer, the question is obsolete, no? Why you installed FSX only instead of only FSX:SE? Makes no sense...

There's always one!

Thx to all that are making sense so far.