Sign in to follow this  
David Roch

Looooong pauses (>10 s) when using photo real sceneries

Hi gents,

I'm getting very weird long pauses when using photo real sceneries i.e Megascenery.

My rig works pretty well otherwise with P3D or Orbx textures.

Is there any specific settings/ tips/ rules I must be aware of when using PR sceneries with PD V3.2?

My PC runs 2 GTX 980 Ti in SLI, a slightly overclocked 4790K@4.5G and 16G of solid RAM. 

AM: 116, no other tweak in P3D.cfg.

HT ON, using Process lasso.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

I'm getting very weird long pauses when using photo real sceneries i.e Megascenery.

My rig works pretty well otherwise with P3D or Orbx textures.

Is your MegaScenery on SSD's...and are you caching your scenery?

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Hi Chas,

Yes all my addons are on a dedicated SSD.

Sorry, what do you mean by caching the scenery?

BTW I don't understand why did someone move this thread into the photoreal forum.
This is a P3D issue, nothing to do with specific scenery.
Strange behavior indeed.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Well, you did mention that the problem occurs when you are using photoreal scenery. I guess that would be the reason for the move.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Yes Chris but the issue isn't related to a specific photoreal scenery, I am looking for P3D settings.

And as far as I understand the P3D section (that I have opened here long time ago! :-), P3D.cfg or internal settings are solely treated in this part of the forum.

Anyway, I hope I'll get some help.

:wink:

Best regards,
David Roch

Hi Chas,

Yes all my addons are on a dedicated SSD.

Sorry, what do you mean by caching the scenery?

Using disk caching the software…a RAMdisk.... Not the cache that's been set aside by P 3-D.... Actually I am not sure how THAT works...

Chas

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Thanks Chas.

Well, let's try RAMdisk! :-)

Never thought of using this tool and not sure at all to know how to leverage it.

Best regards,
David Roch

Thanks Chas.

Well, let's try RAMdisk! :-)

Never thought of using this tool and not sure at all to know how to leverage it.

Actually, the RAMDisk is limited to total available RAM and only WHAT IS STORED....I used it successfully with UTX as a pre-load.

...But ..having come from Network Admin, I am re-thinking here....maybe a good Casching Program with lots of available RAM...might be better. That way you make use of LIFO/FIFO algorithms.

Chas