Sign in to follow this  
Airbus

Video Driver Roll Back Confusion

Some people have unacceptable performance or other issues from their recently installed video driver that they "roll back" to a previous driver using the device manager.  If they are following recommended driver installation procedures i.e. clean install,  they should have completely uninstalled the previous driver.  So how can one "roll back" to a driver that doesn't exist on their system since they just uninstalled it!  Am I missing something?  I can understand downloading and installing a new driver which would make more sense.

Airbus

Al Kaupa

Digital Storm purchased 8/17/2011; Win7x64: Asus P8P67 Deluxe; Intel i7 2600K@3,9 GHZ; nVidia GTX 560Ti; 8GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Dominator; Power Corsair HX 750W; Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD; 300GB WD VelociRaptor; 1TB Seagate.

If nvidia :

Just download the target driver version you want from nvidia and launch the installer, whatever the current situation is.

Installers are able to upgrade or downgrade automatically.

In 15 years I never uninstalled a driver using cleaners and whatever "special process", and never had any version mismatch issue or failed install, may it be an upgrade or a downgrade..

Go to the NVIDIA website, select Drivers, Manual Driver Search.  Select the appropriate info for your system and search.  A list of older drivers will be displayed that you can choose from.  Hope this helps.

Jim

Rollback to older driver that you used , no need to download anything .

Just uminstall from nvida , win or DD-uninstaller ( dont Tick remove Nvidia folder)

All drivers is extracted to a nvida or Ati folder at c:nvida or Ati there you have all extracted drivers ready for install.

When a test drivers for bench on a clean OS I start install the drivers can be 10-15 different

Then uninstall with DD-uninstaller not removing Nvidia folder then back and install from there.

If a for example shall test a new bios on the Gpu I uninstall the driver before flash the card ( Nvidia 900 series crash on opening windows if you have a Nvidia driver installed.)

After uminstall unvanted driver , just open the nvida folder and scroll to the version you want to re install.

And install from there

Hope this help,

video driver that they "roll back" to a previous driver

I think that is an expression rather than a method, as you rightly said if you used DDU or other driver sweepers then there is no way it would roll back using the device manager, i have never used device manager to roll back anything.

tpewpb-6.png