Sign in to follow this  
N1G

ORBX Northern Cal - Realair Lancair v2 - GTN750 - MT6 - Dusk

OMG, I finally got everything working smoothly. Took off from KSFO heading nowhere in particular. The outside night lighting, and of course

the cockpit of the Lancair, just beautiful. I decided to just fly and get lost and use the 750 to find me an airport. Such a pleasure with

being able to just click and get all the info you need. Found a small airport, landed (beautiful landing lights by the way in the lancair

parked, locked her up and now eating a bowl of cocoa krispies. 28-30 frames all the way, smooth, commercial traffic at 20%, GA at 40%.

Absolutely the best time I have had in a long time. Now this is Northern Cal. I tried a flight in the PNW area and not quite as smooth.

I think the PNW scenery is a maybe a bit more complex, or maybe less efficient, but the California Regions are beautiful in all respects.

I am sure you can see my grin from here. Going to bed now. happy flying

Bob

I've noticed the RA Legacy is a whole lot easier on frames than one would think, using the GTN750 in it barely loses any frames. I was really surprised after using GTN750 with A2A's Cherokee. 

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Agree with you.  NoCal and SoCal regions are truly amazing.   But around LA and a couple of other places, it really starts to shudder on my rig...

@N1G: I think maybe the PNW performs a bit behind the others as a result of being much older perhaps?

I'll bet OrbX has learned some new techniques that have made the newer regions perform better.

My experiences match yours - I fly the PNW a ton and the other regions seem more complex and detailed yet perform better in a lot of situations I feel like.

Agree with all of you. The one thing I did discover is that I have to use the low rez clouds and shorten cloud draw distance and keep

the population on high. If not, the frames go in the dirt. It all comes down to what work for you.

Bob