Hi Guys,

Let me get straight to the point. I have saved some cash for this new PC and i really need advice from you. My estimate budget is abt 5k. This includes a monitor 4K preferably.  Would like to know the following questions:

1) Type of Intel Chip

2) Type of Motherboard

3) GPU

4) RAM

5) Casing

6) Power Unit

7) A PC monitor or a 4K TV

I would appreciate if you could recommend the type of trustworthy brands . This is for use in P3d and DCS.

Your advise is greatly appreciated.

Regards

hi sir,
i have no much information abouts intel oem,
you should prefer minimum 550mb read/write speed ssd,

and 16gb 2400 mhz ram good for 4k,

Hi Guys,

Let me get straight to the point. I have saved some cash for this new PC and i really need advice from you. My estimate budget is abt 5k. This includes a monitor 4K preferably. Would like to know the following questions:

1) Type of Intel Chip

2) Type of Motherboard

3) GPU

4) RAM

5) Casing

6) Power Unit

7) A PC monitor or a 4K TV

I would appreciate if you could recommend the type of trustworthy brands . This is for use in P3d and DCS.

Your advise is greatly appreciated.

Regards

My recommendations:

1) Intel i7-6700k

2) Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero

3) MSI or EVGA GTX 980 Ti

4) G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series F4-3000C14D-16GVR 16 GB (8 GB x 2) DDR4 3000 MHz CL14

5) PHANTEKS Enthoo Luxe (or Pro - almost as good and cheaper). Both large and very easy to work in with lots of space to hide cables.

6) EVGA SuperNOVA G2 850W

7) I would go for a 34" ultrawide 3440x1440 monitor rather than a 4k model but it's just personal preference.

CPU Cooler - I like all-in-one liquid coolers and would go for the Corsair H110i GT (better fan control than the slightly newer GTX).

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Grab a 1TB Samsung 850 Evo too

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Only thing I Would add, is that my preference is a multi rail PSU as oposed to single rail.

gismo out of 5k your gonna get a lot of change  I concur

with vortex

my rig ,. cosmos case i7 skylake cpu  850 gold psu 3000 x16 gb ram. h100i gt water cooler  and only a 970 gtx has flight sim depends more on cpu I use to have a 980ti but to be honest I noticed no difference,  monitor a straight 47" 1080x980 smart  ssd for sim only most sim settings high  I run orbx base .vector .land class. mesh I don't think you will see a lot of advantage with 4k my friend has one a very slight bit maybe my fps stay high even with this rig so spending 5k you will get the best and 4ks are down in price now at richer sounds with a 6 year gaurntee    when you buy your psu  get the modular one.  the i7 is an easy overclock to 4.8 but I now run mine at 4.6

I should mention, Corsair have just lengthened the warranty on some of their PSU's to a massive 10 years. Might be worth looking at the "i" variants that have the facility to switch to either multi or single rail. They ship multi rail, but if all is well and you are happy, you can configure to single rail if you so desire.  

case  cosmos no need for the very large one  i7 skylake chip easy to overclock ranger board would be fine but if you wish to get rid of cash go for hero a good 850 modular psu,   I have the ripjaw 3000 but not a shattering experience.   gt100i cooler not the gtx ,  card I have 970 no need for higher,   ssd drives for programs  I put in 4 a total of 5 tb  but only because they were a gift most lie empty .   I run at 4 gb and have no problems with frame rates  all the specs above are all bang on  go to richer sounds for your screen good guarantee  47" smart and that will cost you about 1700 so a lot of change and you can run high ,