Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Just HAD to share this island airport with you...TKPN...wow...

While I was going through my lists of airports that are elevated adjusted in U.T.  Caribbean and Central N.A...etc...under the ADVANCED menu of the config software, whereby because I also run in conjunction with this software, all the PNW SERIES that can't go recommended (freeware to boot!) enough for those that love flying in the Carib...

...well anyway,  I was going down the list of all the Txxx airport properties that are adjusted by U.T., by visiting each one, and seeing if I sit on the tarmac, or in a hole/trench.  Yes, you do for some, so you would go into the U.T. area that addresses all the airports that are affected by U.T., and you either keep them enabled or, in this case, if you were sitting in a hole, because of interaction with other software that you have...for myself, PNW Series, as well as Pilot's Global 2010 and ORBX Global,  you would then select that airport and disable it within the U.T. menu.

So anyways, that's what I am doing right now...just maintenance stuff for P3D v3.2 and of which this airport snap was just taken within.

I am using DUSK for all the views, because you also need to see if ORBX Global street lights as well as U.T.'s street lights, as well as airport/taxi/runway lights are floating above the ground.  That is also a reason that you would DISABLE within U.T.

So, I just had to share this shot of DUSK, with the sun setting almost upon the water, out in the cove.  I found it so incredibly peaceful and beautiful for the soul...that I just had to take the time and snap and post. So...I hope you enjoy the scene...as I did in posting it to the viewer.

Well, back to the list inside (U)ltimate (T)errain for the Caribbean, etc...and I'm about half way through the list at this point.  I have been making a check besides all the (T)xxx airports that I will want to revisit and do a touch and go from this morning.  As a bonus, U.T. Carib has custom scenery at the airports as surrounding the stated airports that is part of the package, and is well done for such places as Puerto Rico, etc..of which I have not even take a lift-off of, yet. That will be corrected this morning...great add-on value...

So..here is Dusk at TKPN, of which I am currently down in the list, and which can stay enabled for U.T. elevation as you can see the airport is flat and no trenches.  Enjoy the view...

2016_4_16_5_1_56_518.png

Post Edit:  Here's the next one on the list..that is OK to keep 'enabled'  TLPC...so nice..thought to share this one as well...cheers!

2016_4_16_5_19_49_551.png

TVSB Three more to go on the list, lol....

2016_4_16_5_30_2_5.png

TVSU St. Vincent and the Grenadines:

2016_4_16_5_33_30_546.png

Now..here is TVSV of which needs to have the U.T. Carib setting for airport adjustments/elevations set to DISABLE.  Here's why...

2016_4_16_5_36_51_989.png

As soon as I am done the last airport edit...I will post all the airports (to save everybody the trouble and time) that need to be set to DISABLE inside U.T., if you run this combination, or some of this:

ORBX Global
ORBX/Pilot's 2010 (for terrain/mountain premium elevation data)
PNW Scenery for the entire (well, mostly) Caribbean (can NOT be recommend enough....it will make your Carib simply come alive!)
Ultimate Terrain (for the Caribbean, Central N.A, and Mexico

Ok..here is the list of airports that within ​U.T. Caribbean, Central N.A., and Mexico;

All these platforms, with the above mentioned software, or combo's of that software, need to have their airport U.T. elevation set to; Disable:

You would need to do this for FSX, and any P3D.x version using my software combo's...and U.T. Tropical America & Caribbean Version under the TERRAIN Menu, and then choose Modify Status of Repositioned Airports.

TAPA

TDPD

TFFB

TFFJ

TFFS

TJVQ

TVSV

TXKF

There you go...and it will only cost the viewer a beer, of their brand and choice...sometime, somewhere, in this life, or the next.... :wink:   Cheers!

Happy exploring the Caribbean with the above recommended software installed...it will certainly be a WOWZER eye-candy moment(s)!

Mitch 

Nice shots.

nebojsa

Thanks JAT, as always...the Carib, because of my software combo's...is, I'd have to say the absolute most favorite place for my flight sim'ming.  I have always loved water sports, any water activity...and if I could actually (a lottery?!?!?!?) afford a plane, it would most certainly be a 4 passenger or 6...Amphibian model, just as you see here.  A go-anywhere, land-anywhere for safety!....that the only thing that prevents you from pulling into that airport, or taxi'ing up to a friends waterfront cottage dock...is well...MONEY!  With sitting in the cabin of an Amphibian...the world is your veritable 'Oyster'....

Cheers n' flight plans

Mitch

• Upvote 1

Well, back in the air and enjoying P3D v3.2.3 so much...well...enough to say, that if I could only have one flight sim on my computer...only one...well...frankly, it would be this one.

Rock stable, incredible looking-through-glass graphics, incredible FPS performance and smoothness.  It has all come home in this one platform as of this day and date.

I'm not really too pressured to even advance into 64 bit territory at present, being.... that I seriously, have with an AM setting (on my system) of 244, no perceptible stutter even down to a mind-blowing 11 FPS!!!   For real!

So...I have just taken off from TAPH, and am heading out for some Carib Lov'in....

Mitch'er

2016_4_16_6_22_55_773.png

BTW, very happy now with the latest ASN SP4.1 Beta release and REX4 Direct SP6 combo.  Those clouds are alright by me, let me tell ya!  :dance:

Going through my list of corrected (Disabled) airports such as the first on my list:  TAPA, and now showing corrected and proper elevation...no trenches:

2016_4_16_6_37_25_187.png

...it will be same for the rest on the list...that's why you need to do this for FSX and all P3D.x platforms.  

2016_4_16_6_41_49_742.png

TDPD, the Dominican Republic (corrected elevation)

2016_4_16_6_45_1_655.png

2016_4_16_6_47_54_349.png

2016_4_16_6_51_0_87.png

2016_4_16_6_54_3_796.png

Just love the way that P3D v3.2.3 handles and executes mist, vapor, fog...those mountains in this morning departure out of the Domincan Republic'sTDPD is just beautiful in MPO! With the quality of graphics that this version of P3D puts out...I feel like I'm really there...a true tourist....

My HDR Brightness slider is set to .80, of which is my personal preference for scene brightness during the morning. I go to .85/90 for full daytime operations. This real-time and execute feature of P3D v3.2 is simply a must have....every sim should have this, built in...and on the 'fly'.  Well done, L.M., well done!

2016_4_16_6_57_23_16.png

2016_4_16_7_9_29_866.png

2016_4_16_7_10_6_958.png

Ready to go at TFFJ, departure, and then a great morning mist as we proceed down the coast...:

2016_4_16_7_17_8_413.png

2016_4_16_7_18_11_86.png

TFFS corrected;

2016_4_16_7_23_7_972.png

2016_4_16_7_25_27_645.png

2016_4_16_7_27_31_690.png

2016_4_16_7_27_53_312.png

Well, I close my Caribbean Tour de Force.

Hope you enjoyed the view!

Back to flying....and the rest of the day!

Thanks for sharing insight and screenshots!

HLJAMES

Thank you for your comments guys, after viewing.  Much appreciated!

If I have a crappy day at the office...usually the first place I flight sim at night.....is island hopping in the Carib. 

Very much so. Soul Food...

Mitch

Post Edit:  Important post information correction.

Where I refer to PNW series for the Caribbean software, it should accurately read:

PW Series   

Sorry about that...was using ORBX PNW of late..and had that in my mind...

Here is the site to download this great Caribbean Island series!

The developer (Paul Wheeler) has some of the most comprehensive and full out round-up of most of the Carib.  There's some missing, but not very much! Spectacular effort.

Works very well in both FSX.x and P3D.x

Add the folders to your Scenery ADD-On folder, and then make them ACTIVE in your Scenery Manager

http://www.strikingsoftware.com/pws.shtml

Hi Ses, nice pictures. I was going to comment on the PWN/PW correction.

Also noticed your TAPA has a shadow afcad (2 towers).

Also if you add paywares for the Carib, they obviously have to be on top and there is a trick to keep the autogen/textures of PW: turn off the photoscenery. (tapa, tfff and a few others)

Cheers,

Pierre

Mitch,

Very nice scenery, including the lovely sky rendition. Thanks for sharing, and yes, soul food for sure.

JJ

Hi Ses, nice pictures. I was going to comment on the PWN/PW correction.

Also noticed your TAPA has a shadow afcad (2 towers).

Also if you add paywares for the Carib, they obviously have to be on top and there is a trick to keep the autogen/textures of PW: turn off the photoscenery. (tapa, tfff and a few others)

Cheers,

Yes...I was in the shower...when it occurred to me...PNW?!?!?!?!?    Get back to the Den...and correct that, pronto!  LOL

I'm all reads...what's the trick...for I have a couple whereby (as you see) grass bleeds through over the runway, or taxi-way.   Thanks...for offering a lending hand.. :)  Help always most welcome,Pierre!

Cheers,

Ses

Thanks everyone for your thoughts on the snaps....done with the major intent to encourage any viewer to get in on the Caribbean 'action'....  It looks simply amazing inside of P3D v3.2.  FSX as well, but truly, I fly both...there is a polished look and feel, as interpreted by P3D v3.2.3

Always personal opinion and leanings in play...

Ses