Sign in to follow this  
alexzar14

new problem, the left rudder pedal pushes itself - in!

Both 737 and 777 are pulling to the left during taxi, and severe left on take off, this just started happening now, all of a sudden.

So while taxiing, I started to look at my pedals inside VC and what happens is that the left pedal is slowly but progressively pushing itself - in! (the right pedal does the opposite of course). I corrected this by pushing the right pedal on my CH pedal set, it does return the pedals to neutral position, but then the left pedal inside VC starts to push itself - in again.

The old problem of throttles not retarding on landing is gone and it seems to retard so far, but now I have the new problem of pedals living their own life. Note, this doesn't happen in the air, only on the ground, so joystick calibration isn't the issue.

pleaaassseee.....

Besides these two, I flew only the Dash-8 and that one was ok, I guess I gotta try other aircraft to see if the problem is in PMDG or P3D. Right now in the air with 777, won't be able to try other aircraft for couple hours.

Is it possible you are simply seeing the aircraft natural tendency to windcock or turn into the wind? That would explain why it is not happening in the air.

Dan Downs KCRP

I think it is either a calibration or weather issue, I cannot imagine what else it could be except maybe if you are using FSUIPC then that is a whole new basket of potential problems.

Dan Downs KCRP

ok I traced the problem. First of all it's not PMDG. Second, it's not even a P3D, I started getting the same in XPlane - the left pedal is pushing itself in.

In P3D I calibrate the pedals every time I start the sim and it does the work. But after landing I must repeat the calibration process again. I guess I must take this problem elsewhere because it is the hardware (CH pedals) electric signal or the CH drivers problem, yet if anyone has suggestions please advise.

I guess I must take this problem elsewhere because it is the hardware (CH pedals) electric signal or the CH drivers problem, yet if anyone has suggestions please advise.

Disable/removed the drivers and try just running the controller (rudder pedals) directly into P3D and XPL.  This works in my case where I am using Saitek pedals and Thrustmaster A10 HOTAS... no middleware required as of P3Dv3.0

Dan Downs KCRP

I guess I must take this problem elsewhere because it is the hardware (CH pedals) electric signal or the CH drivers problem, yet if anyone has suggestions please advise.

How old is the hardware? If it's older, it could be the pots, though Dan's suggestion is a likely avenue as well.

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks I will try that tonight!

The pedals are old, about 10 years (I didn't sim all this time, I had long breaks and was putting together my life plus the hardware on the market wasn't sufficient anyway, but now I am simming a lot). I would say the pedals were used for a period of 3-4 years equivalent to average use although aging is always aging even when idling. The yoke I replaced just a year ago, but the pedals I kept original. I believe the problem will be solved this time and I won't have to replace the pedals, I will report.

Ok I uninstalled drivers, it helped but not entirely, the problem was returning. Then, I unplugged the yoke/pedals from PC USB ports and plugged it into the powered USB receiving power from the wall outlet (I heard the trick before concerning the other issue but it may be one chain of events I thought). Now it seems to be ok finally.

Ok I uninstalled drivers, it helped but not entirely, the problem was returning. Then, I unplugged the yoke/pedals from PC USB ports and plugged it into the powered USB receiving power from the wall outlet (I heard the trick before concerning the other issue but it may be one chain of events I thought). Now it seems to be ok finally.

My Ch Pedals are about 11 years old and work perfectly. I don't use the CH software. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

ok done some flying in both P3D and XP, the problem traced to hardware. I uninstalled the drivers, it helped little.

There is a workaround: every session I must calibrate the CH Pedals, XP or P3D, and I can fly ok. Often however I must calibrate it after landing again, and sometimes more then twice, so obviously it is annoying.

What do you think, I have to buy new pedals or what?

What do you think, I have to buy new pedals or what?

Unless you can troubleshoot and repair, which is normally unlikely because parts are rare in products like this.

Dan Downs KCRP

Unless you can troubleshoot and repair, which is normally unlikely because parts are rare in products like this.

You can always get CH parts. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Dumb question but have you checked that there are no other assignments for your rudder pedals in the settings/controls section? Or a "reverse axis" box checked? And is auto-rudder in the options turned off?

good hints will check, 777200lrf. But this is both in P3D and XPlane, with identical rather behavior. Could XPlane have double assignments as well?

As for the hardware, don't mind buying the new pedal set, but just in time I found out it is not the hardware's fault. Read same subject on Flightsim.com hardware forum, the guy had same problem with 2 CH pedal sets and 1 Saitek set. Solution however is not known.