Sign in to follow this  
lsummer101

Parking break engage in TO 777 300

I am all configured and on my takeoff roll and all of a sudden the parking break sign is on and the tire press and break temp is lit up. I am not applying any breaks during TO what can be causing this ? 

P3d V3.2xx

win 10 

PMDG 777 

Thanks 

Lee 

You can easily fix this by going to the ground maintenance in the FMC (Menu/FS Actions/Ground Maintenance) and replace tires & brakes. You probably have a few flat tires :)

John

I am all configured and on my takeoff roll and all of a sudden the parking break sign is on and the tire press and break temp is lit up. I am not applying any breaks during TO what can be causing this ?

Hi, Lee,

I think PMDG uses the parking brake function to simulate being unable to move due to flat/melted tires.  My guess is the problem is too much brake use while taxiing.

You need to click on "cool the brakes" in Aircraft>Failures and allow the brakes to cool, before clicking on the button to fix the tires.  Otherwise the tires will keep going flat and melting. 

However there does not seem to be a way to simply clear this particular failure just by clicking on a button, as there is with most other failures.  You have to wait for the brakes to cool in real time.  The only instant fix is to load a different panel state, but if you haven't saved your panel state after you loaded your flight plan, set the weights and speeds, etc., you will need to redo all of this. 

Your best bet is to pay attention to your taxiing technique and make sure you are not over using the brakes.  There are other things that will set off this particular failure.  I recently discovered that slewing the aircraft can sometimes set off this failure.  PMDG recommends not slewing, but if you save your panel state first, you can reload it after slewing.

PMDG wants you to use your full, real name in its forums or your posts may get deleted.

Hope this helps!

Mike

You can easily fix this by going to the ground maintenance in the FMC (Menu/FS Actions/Ground Maintenance) and replace tires & brakes. You probably have a few flat tires :)

John

John, have you actually succeeded in doing this?  I've tried repeatedly and these particular failures just won't clear.

PS- PMDG wants real names in its forums.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

First off, do you have maintenance-based failures and random failures turned off in the options menu in the CDU? If you do have some turned on, go to the maintenance options and repair the aircraft from there. This shoul dfix your problem. Make sure you do not override your brakes during taxiing. This can cause them to overheat.

First off, do you have maintenance-based failures and random failures turned off in the options menu in the CDU? If you do have some turned on, go to the maintenance options and repair the aircraft from there. This shoul dfix your problem. Make sure you do not override your brakes during taxiing. This can cause them to overheat.

I filed a ticket about this particular failure, and PMDG confirms my own experience, that this particular brake/tire failure can't be cleared this way.  It also happens with failures turned off if you over use the brakes.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

You have to really careful when taxiing in the 777-300. This is a heavier aircraft than the -200. You have to manage this aircraft well during the taxi and always stay ahead of the aircraft while on the ground. You also have to manage these engines carefully since they are really powerful. The best guide on how to taxi in the Boeing 777 would be the Flight Crew Training Manual provided by PMDG with the 777. 

• Upvote 1

Thanks Everyone for the advise, i was able to clear the problem once airborne with the maintenance. but the problem is not the brakes over heating first.  As i am running down the runway with no breaks the parking break comes on and heats the breaks up.. not the reverse..  I will mess around today with this and see what i get. maybe my breaks are to senitive in FSUIPC i will make some adjustments and see if that makes a difference. 

Thanks LEE 

Thanks Everyone for the advise, i was able to clear the problem once airborne with the maintenance. but the problem is not the brakes over heating first. As i am running down the runway with no breaks the parking break comes on and heats the breaks up.. not the reverse.. I will mess around today with this and see what i get. maybe my breaks are to senitive in FSUIPC i will make some adjustments and see if that makes a difference.

Hi, Lee,

Perhaps a control or combination that you use during takeoff is also accidentally configured to operate the brakes - throttle or TOGA command.  A control or button can be configured to do one thing in FSX, another in FSUIPC.  Maybe somehow reverse thrust is being activated, which will activate the autobrake.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2