Sign in to follow this  
GundamWZero

CJ2 Framerate issues

Thank you all who weighed in for your suggestions. I still enjoy all these aircraft with the GTN integration the team has developed. Loss of Navigraph is disappointing but with the GTN it is fine. I spent many hours trying to fix this and not interested in repeating that :)

I'll first copy the .dll file elsewhere then delete the .dll from the Navigraph folder and see what happens....

EDIT: it wasn't in the Navigraph folder... it was in the main FSX folder.

Rodney E. Jacobs

Okay...

I moved the .dll file from my FSX harddrive and the aircraft is running smoothly, but there is that trade-off: the Navigraph Loading screen isn't remotely loading up, which poses a small problem with me:

I run the Navigraph FMS Data Manager a subscription based program that updates the AIRAC Cycle with new charts and works in conjunction with PFPX. This means I can create real-world, real-time flight plans and upload them directly into the FMC of any aircraft flight plans PFPX can access.  My best guess is without that .dll file, the FMC is virtually taking up space.

Rodney E. Jacobs

Do you think it could be a Win10 issue?

Is Win10 supported by Carenado for this aircraft?

Have you asked Carenado (tech) about your problem?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

I am giving them updates as I work on it.... about now I bet they are tired of seeing the emails. Lol!

I decided to give the .dll full admin rights (as Carenado said only to do the folders) and placed it back into its orginial spot. The frame rates fell again drastically, but the Navigraph was able to update and activate the FMS. So it is down to that particular .dll file. I can move it anywhere within the FSX hard drive and FSX folder except the main folder it was initially installed in. Take the .dll file out, and it will never load the FMS.

I have one more trick I'd like to try: I'm going to move all the recent Carenado Navigraph files into another folder outside the main FSX folder and see what happens,

Edited by GundamWZero

Rodney E. Jacobs

Do you think it could be a Win10 issue?

Is Win10 supported by Carenado for this aircraft?

What did Carenado say about win10 usage?

Best Regards,

UPDATE:

Nope... It ran normal, but the FMS never loads data.

There is something wrong with that .dll file.

Carenado has yet to say anything about its compatibility with WIN 10... the plane handles like a dream, but without a functional FMS, its like flying a jet powered Cessna. 

Rodney E. Jacobs

Have you seen reports of pilots using Win7 having this Carenado dll problem?

Best Regards,

Have you seen reports of pilots using Win7 having this Carenado dll problem?

Yes... many on the H850XP and one guy is getting low FPS on a couple of his planes.

I am guessing it all stems from the Navigraph FMS system that they are using.

...and I was about to buy that plane too.

Now I am looking at the Phenom 300. Already have the 100.

Rodney E. Jacobs

Has Carenado admitted they have a problem with the dll causing low FPS on this CJ2?

Best Regards,

If it were me I'd try deleting the entire FSX\CarenadoNavigraph folder and reinstalling the aircraft, there's a .db file in there that gets rebuilt while you watch the progress bar for 3 minutes any time you update navdata. The installation supplies a pre-built .db file which is why you don't see the progress bar the first time you run an aircraft after installing it. Other CarNavigraph planes will also replace this file upon installation and it will match whatever navdata cycle happened to be shipped with that aircraft. If you delete the folder and reinstall the CJ2 at least you'll know you're using the navdata and .db file that's supposed to be used with it without any remnants from any other aircraft or navdata installations that might conceivably be causing the problem. Since this is the latest release it ships with the most recent navdata.

I'm wondering if throughout the process of installing a few aircraft and maybe a few airac cycles something got hosed in the .db file due to an older version of CarNavigraph.dll or maybe an older navdata cycle that may be in a slightly different format than what's currently shipped (and expected by the .dll). No idea if it'll work/help but it can't hurt.

If it were me I'd try deleting the entire FSX\CarenadoNavigraph folder and reinstalling the aircraft, there's a .db file in there that gets rebuilt while you watch the progress bar for 3 minutes any time you update navdata. The installation supplies a pre-built .db file which is why you don't see the progress bar the first time you run an aircraft after installing it. Other CarNavigraph planes will also replace this file upon installation and it will match whatever navdata cycle happened to be shipped with that aircraft. If you delete the folder and reinstall the CJ2 at least you'll know you're using the navdata and .db file that's supposed to be used with it without any remnants from any other aircraft or navdata installations that might conceivably be causing the problem. Since this is the latest release it ships with the most recent navdata.

I'm wondering if throughout the process of installing a few aircraft and maybe a few airac cycles something got hosed in the .db file due to an older version of CarNavigraph.dll or maybe an older navdata cycle that may be in a slightly different format than what's currently shipped (and expected by the .dll). No idea if it'll work/help but it can't hurt.

I just tried it; no dice.... it is the CarNavigraph.dll file; once that file is back in place, FSX framerate will move one frame every 9 to 15 seconds... even when you are accessing the tool bar! Delete the .dll file, and everything is back to normal, without a operational FMS.

Sad... it was a good aircraft but it has problems that the developer will not address, I believe. Last correspondence I received from them, they asked if I was a human.... Still haven't heard from them after I replied.

Rodney E. Jacobs

Sorry about the goose chase Rod, I guess you ruled out the .db as a problem, lol. I definitely see a performance hit with the .dll in place but nothing like you're seeing, Last night I was seeing mid to low 20s flying into Orbx KPSP in SCA (P3D v3) but it usually doesn't get much worse than that. I hope you can find a solution.

Sorry about the goose chase Rod, I guess you ruled out the .db as a problem, lol. I definitely see a performance hit with the .dll in place but nothing like you're seeing, Last night I was seeing mid to low 20s flying into Orbx KPSP in SCA (P3D v3) but it usually doesn't get much worse than that. I hope you can find a solution.

I am curious to know how PMDG did it... I can either plug in my data through the FMC or create a flight plan through PFPX and upload it directly into the FMC. I wonder as to why Carenado did not follow suit with that same setup? Navigraph is a great; I use the Navigraph FMS Data manager to keep PFPX (and PFPX updates the FMC in the 737 and 777) updated, so it is like going the long way to do the same thing Carenado is trying to do.

I am working with Carenado on it, but I don't think there will be a solution for this anytime soon; they did offer me a new bird, so as long as it doesn't come with a FPS-robbing FMS, I'll consider it.

Rodney E. Jacobs