Sign in to follow this  
GundamWZero

CJ2 Framerate issues

I find this odd, because I own the Carenado Phenom and several high-end aircrafts (i.e. PMDG 737/777) and scenery files (FSDT and FlightBeam Studios) and I never experienced an issue like this.... bought the CJ2 earlier and I am having horrible frame rates - AT THE START UP SCREEN!

It will take 10 to 15 minutes for the system to return to normal, but as soon as I load into a airport (I load all new aircraft into KBIF, area is pretty open from congestion) the system will run in such a low frame-rate state it will nearly freeze.

I am running a low to mid level system, but I can run plenty of high-end add-ons without this much problems, so I am wondering if I should just do a reinstall....

Rodney E. Jacobs

I am running a low to mid level system

Problem with P3D v? or FSX (which one?) or both?

Which OS ?

What are your system specs?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

CJ2 is a great performer here - could be anything causing this - I have heard complaints about performance of Hawker also and it performs great also maybe a bit less in the hawker compared to CJ2 but still pretty good - sorry for not being much help

Rich Sennett

I recommend you start with the Navigraph side of the house. Try it without turning on the FMS and see what happens and then slowly keep adding systems.

The only one other FPS subject was cured by deleting some dll with Canenado in the title.

Otherwise, it runs like a default aircraft on my system.

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Recommend you go to Carenado Support Knowledge Base and you will see a long thread on this.

Which OS ?

What are your system specs?

Eh... I forgot about that. I thought I had my system specs in my profile once before, may have been another thread.

Anywho, I am running the original FSX Deluxe Edition on a EVGA Classified SR2 motherboard paired with a 3.1Ghz Xeon Processor and 21 gigs of ram. Graphics is pushed from a EVGA 650ti with another EGVA 550ti serving as the Physx Engine.

All on Win 10.... 

Like I said, I could even barely call it a mid level system.

This might help but I didnt need to do it but did anyway

https://carenado.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/206139677-Frames-per-second-FPS-on-H850-XP-

Thanks... working on it now.

Rodney E. Jacobs

Nope... didn't work. plane would sit stuck on the tarmac, moving one frame every 45 seconds to a minute.

Decided to check out the support knowledge base, like Silverheels recommended... it is a mess there.

I don't know what has happened with Carenado, but its my guess that they hired a very bad coder.

Rodney E. Jacobs

Strange really as like stated it runs like a default aircraft here 

Rich Sennett

I don't know what has happened with Carenado, but its my guess that they hired a very bad coder.

All ok, here (Win7 , FSX Acceleration, P3Dv3.1) with default CJ2 v1.1 installs.

"Anywho, I am running the original FSX Deluxe Edition on a EVGA Classified SR2 motherboard paired with a 3.1Ghz Xeon Processor and 21 gigs of ram. Graphics is pushed from a EVGA 650ti with another EGVA 550ti serving as the Physx Engine.

All on Win 10...."

Carenado purchase page for CJ2 does not mention Win 8 or Win 10 support for this aircraft.

Best Regards,

Strange really as like stated it runs like a default aircraft here 

It is not satisfactory for Carenado to be satisfied with a product which  "...run(s) like a default aircraft.." on some systems and like a slide show on others. They need to understand why that is so. It is their obligation if they want to be considered a quality supplier.

It is not satisfactory for Carenado to be satisfied with a product which "...run(s) like a default aircraft.." on some systems and like a slide show on others. They need to understand why that is so.

Have you contacted Carenado and mentioned it?

Best Regards,

It is not satisfactory for Carenado to be satisfied with a product which  "...run(s) like a default aircraft.." on some systems and like a slide show on others. They need to understand why that is so. It is their obligation if they want to be considered a quality supplier.

You totally missed the point. I was only referring to FRAME RATES like a default aircraft. I am writing the Avsim review for the CJ2 and unless something changes my mind in the next few weeks, somewhere in the summary or conclusion you will read something close to

The CJ2 may be the best aircraft to ever come out of the Carenado shop. Although I don't own 100% of the Carenado aircraft designed for FSX/P3D I probably have close to 90% of them.

"The texturing is as good as I have seen in any flight sim non-airliner model, the finish work inside and out is approaching the state-of-the-art for 2016 in flight sims and the flight performance of the v1.1 is smack on target. I am using my real world CJ2 performance charts and with very minor tweaks I can expect book performance for climbs, high speed cruise, Long Range cruise, holding, descents, approaches and fuel flows.

I don't have anything to do with the Robb's Report, but I do have Ray's Report and Ray sez, "This CJ2 Citation is the Best of the Best."

Regards,

Ray

• Upvote 2

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Have you contacted Carenado and mentioned it?

Please go to Carenado Support Knowledge base and you will see my posts. I also opened a ticket with Carenado on the S555 Navigraph issue which led to a dead end.

You totally missed the point. I was only referring to FRAME RATES like a default aircraft. I am writing the Avsim review for the CJ2 and unless something changes my mind in the next few weeks, somewhere in the summary or conclusion you will read something close to

The CJ2 may be the best aircraft to ever come out of the Carenado shop. Although I don't own 100% of the Carenado aircraft designed for FSX/P3D I probably have close to 90% of them.

"The texturing is as good as I have seen in any flight sim non-airliner model, the finish work inside and out is approaching the state-of-the-art for 2016 in flight sims and the flight performance of the v1.1 is smack on target. I am using my real world CJ2 performance charts and with very minor tweaks I can expect book performance for climbs, high speed cruise, Long Range cruise, holding, descents, approaches and fuel flows.

I don't have anything to do with the Robb's Report, but I do have Ray's Report and Ray sez, "This CJ2 Citation is the Best of the Best."

Regards,

Ray

With respect Ray, you missed the point. The point is not the textures or the FDE. The point is that there is a continuing issue back to the S550 Cessna and follow on Navigraph capable aircraft where for some unknown reason some systems like mine (4820k/4.6/Titan/16gig)  and others are crippled to the point of 1-5 frame rate. The only know cure is to delete Carenavigraph.dll and go GTN. My point was Carenado has apparently written the issue off as a cost of doing business and has never offered a universal fix. Go to the Knowledge Base on Carenado's web page and read for yourself. I'm not interested in being a crusader here. I really don't care as we have the GTN solution for Carenado aircraft. I only try to direct folks who post on this issue to the Carenado web page to read the posts.

The point is that there is a continuing issue back to the S550 Cessna and follow on Navigraph capable aircraft where for some unknown reason some systems like mine (4820k/4.6/Titan/16gig) and others are crippled to the point of 1-5 frame rate.

Did you purchase the CJ2 and get 5 FPS?

Which OS are you using?

Best Regards,