Sign in to follow this  
GundamWZero

CJ2 Framerate issues

Sorry to hear your having this issue and must be frustrating - has anyone with this problem installed a fresh version of their sim and then 550 or CJ2 - maybe something else is conflicting with it as I dont have a lot of stuff loaded right now - worth a try and if its ok then start loading addons and check each one to see if it does in-fact have a problem with something else

Rich Sennett

Did you purchase the CJ2 and get 5 FPS?

Problem with P3D v? or FSX (which one?) or both?

Which OS are you using?

Look, I don't mind answering your questions but you appear to be a bit late to the party. Have you been to the Carenado Knowledge Base to read the posts on this issue?

I did purchase the CJ2 and the first load of the aircraft was with frame rates more like 1 frame/sec. Which jumped to about 40 in the next load after deleting the Carenavigraph.dll.

FSX only. Win 7 64 Pro.

And I am going to assume you gave all rights to that dll and also the entire folder for that matter - is this a problem with P3D also ? as thats what I am using and have no idea whats working in FSX anymore 

Rich Sennett

FSX only. Win 7 64 Pro.

"FSX only"

The Carenado purchase page for CJ2 mentions FSX with (SP1 and SP2) or FSX acceleration is required?

"Look, I don't mind answering your questions but you appear to be a bit late to the party."

Good, that is how other pilots try to help here ./ by asking questions the OP has not mentioned

...... and I do not have a FPS issue with the CJ2 or any other Carenado product I have purchased .... so no need for me to be in the Carenado Knowledge Base ... never have used it.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

"FSX only"

The Carenado purchase page for CJ2 mentions FSX (SP1 / SP2) or FSX acceleration is required?

"Look, I don't mind answering your questions but you appear to be a bit late to the party."

Good, that is how other pilots try to help here ./ by asking questions the OP has not mentioned

...... and I do not have a FPS issue with the CJ2 or any other Carenado product I have purchased .... so no need for me to be in the Carenado Knowledge Base ... never have used it.

I have FSX  Gold.

And I am going to assume you gave all rights to that dll and also the entire folder for that matter - is this a problem with P3D also ? as thats what I am using and have no idea whats working in FSX anymore 

In my case I followed the Carenado directions which dealt with the rights in the Carenado Navigraph folder. The changes made no difference. An interesting sidelight is that the S550 installation was corrupted in some way by the installation of the C90GTX, another Carenado Navigraph aircraft. The S550 aircraft was running fine until the C90 installation, whereupon the frames went to 1-5. I reported that to Carenado and they seemed interested but never got back to me. I have no idea on P3D.

I have FSX  Gold.

In my case I followed the Carenado directions which dealt with the rights in the Carenado Navigraph folder. The changes made no difference. An interesting sidelight is that the S550 installation was corrupted in some way by the installation of the C90GTX, another Carenado Navigraph aircraft. The S550 aircraft was running fine until the C90 installation, whereupon the frames went to 1-5. I reported that to Carenado and they seemed interested but never got back to me. I have no idea on P3D.

Yah I read that on the 90 - I have that also bit wonky on fps usable but not like their jets - seems something going on in the background with having both aircrafts loaded at the same time - weird but maybe somehow its trying to run both of them at the same time - meaning accessing the dll - does your issues go away when you only have 550 and cj2 loaded and not the 90 ?

I installed both the 90 and the CJ2 and there was no problems must be an fsx thing - why anyone is still using that antiquated sim is beyond me

Rich Sennett

Yah I read that on the 90 - I have that also bit wonky on fps usable but not like their jets - seems something going on in the background with having both aircrafts loaded at the same time - weird but maybe somehow its trying to run both of them at the same time - meaning accessing the dll - does your issues go away when you only have 550 and cj2 loaded and not the 90 ?

I installed both the 90 and the CJ2 and there was no problems must be an fsx thing - why anyone is still using that antiquated sim is beyond me

Exactly right on a later installation affecting the earlier. In my system the issue never goes away. The only installation I ever had that performed normally on frame rates was the S550 original installation. Ever since then the frames are low single digits. And I talked with Carenado back then. But then along came the GTN and I never looked back. I just delete Carenavigraph.dll and life is good. :)

Why stay with FSX? Because I had 7 years invested in FS9, upgraded to FSX 4 years ago and have waayyyy too much blood, sweat, and tears in FSX to even think about another transition.

As far a Carenado doing a full makeover to fix the Navigaph problems, I wouldn't hold my breath. I don't fly with the FMS except to make valid comments for the reviews.

I realize there is a large crowd of flight simmers that prefer the FMS and that is perfectly fine. They just don't have the community fixes for adding the GTN to the VC panel and the top notch service provided by the Flight1 support team.

It is an expensive first step to buy an add on then spend even more for the GTN and again if you want it for both FSX and P3D. But, once you do own it and realize that you can use it in every add on that you already own and all the future ones (maybe only as a popup) then it begins to look like a very practical decision.

Best Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Exactly right on a later installation affecting the earlier. In my system the issue never goes away. The only installation I ever had that performed normally on frame rates was the S550 original installation. Ever since then the frames are low single digits. And I talked with Carenado back then. But then along came the GTN and I never looked back. I just delete Carenavigraph.dll and life is good. :)

Why stay with FSX? Because I had 7 years invested in FS9, upgraded to FS 4 years ago and have waayyyy too much blood, sweat, and tears in FSX to even think about another transition.

So no Carenados loaded but the CJ2 and you have an issue with that ? if so thats not good and no idea why its acting like this

Rich Sennett

So no Carenados loaded but the CJ2 and you have an issue with that ? if so thats not good and no idea why its acting like this

When I say "loaded" I meant selected and loaded. As for installed, I have the S550, the C90 and C90 GTX, the Super 200, Hawker, Phenom, and CJ2 all installed. I just delete the .dll and they all live in peace. But whenever I install a new one, they all croak. And yes when I ran into this on the Hawker it corrupted the S550. That was before we knew about the .dll issue. That was discovered by another guy I can't remember who or where.

As far a Carenado doing a full makeover to fix the Navigaph problems, I wouldn't hold my breath. I don't fly with the FMS except to make valid comments for the reviews.

I realize there is a large crowd of flight simmers that prefer the FMS and that is perfectly fine. They just don't have the community fixes for adding the GTN to the VC panel and the top notch service provided by the Flight1 support team.

It is an expensive first step to buy an add on then spend even more for the GTN and again if you want it for both FSX and P3D. But, once you do own it and realize that you can use it in every add on that you already own and all the future ones (maybe only as a popup) then it begins to look like a very practical decision.

Best Regards,

Ray

As you know Ray, the GTN is an incredible add on. Has all the procedures as you say and also all the approach plates. One stop shopping. Only worry is shooting an LPV approach to minimums and hoping the add on airport is where it's supposed to be and GTN expects it to be :)

When I say "loaded" I meant selected and loaded. As for installed, I have the S550, the C90 and C90 GTX, the Super 200, Hawker, Phenom, and CJ2 all installed. I just delete the .dll and they all live in peace. But whenever I install a new one, they all croak. And yes when I ran into this on the Hawker it corrupted the S550. That was before we knew about the .dll issue. That was discovered by another guy I can't remember who or where.

As you know Ray, the GTN is an incredible add on. Has all the procedures as you say and also all the approach plates. One stop shopping. Only worry is shooting an LPV approach to minimums and hoping the add on airport is where it's supposed to be and GTN expects it to be :)

Thanks what I meant is only load one Carenado such as the CJ2 and I mean only one in your sim - do you have an issue with fps - I know its not ideal just trying to pin point the issue

Rich Sennett

There is a downside to the GTN though. Fortunately or unfortunately, depending on where in the world you choose to fly, all these great approaches are almost entirely in the USA and Canada. This is a practical result of who was willing to spend the big sums of money to create all these LPV support devices.

The US Govt. jumped on the bandwagon very early and it spilled over into Canada. Europe is several years behind with their WAAS equivalent GPS based precision approaches and they are almost non-existent in other parts of the world.

So it would be natural for the Nav charts and approaches to be more detailed and more plentiful in the USA/Canada that other parts of the world.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Thanks what I meant is only load one Carenado such as the CJ2 and I mean only one in your sim - do you have an issue with fps - I know its not ideal just trying to pin point the issue

Yes. So long as the .dll is in the root folder and the aircraft is Navigraph capable. But it seems to me that initially when we had the S550 as the first Navigraph aircraft, we did not have the FPS problem Seems like it began with the Hawker.

Yes. So long as the .dll is in the root folder and the aircraft is Navigraph capable. But it seems to me that initially when we had the S550 as the first Navigraph aircraft, we did not have the FPS problem Seems like it began with the Hawker.

Ok well thats not good - no idea whats going on but its not happening in P3D so thats good for me anyway

Rich Sennett

I did not purchase the aircraft you previously mentioned as possibly causing your problem .... but if I did, as a test,  I would uninstall all Carenado aircraft and just reinstall the CJ2 V1.1 with Navigraph active, current cycle, and see if all is OK with the CJ2.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW