Sign in to follow this  
1st fltsimguy

Reinstall on New High End PC - Issue with Activation

New PC, did one install of base program, put in product ID, added FSX Acceleration, put in that product ID.

Tested in my new machine, realized that I put into C drive and that I actually wanted on another separate drive.

Did an uninstall.

Then redid the install onto a "G" drive.  Never asked for Product ID into, figured that it was still retained in the registry.

Started the sim to test again, got error message saying not activated, 30 minutes until required to register.  30 minutes up, it shut down no registration window.

Anyone know how to get the darn registered AGAIN!

Bryan

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

New PC, did one install of base program, put in product ID, added FSX Acceleration, put in that product ID.

Tested in my new machine, realized that I put into C drive and that I actually wanted on another separate drive.

Did an uninstall.

Then redid the install onto a "G" drive.  Never asked for Product ID into, figured that it was still retained in the registry.

Started the sim to test again, got error message saying not activated, 30 minutes until required to register.  30 minutes up, it shut down no registration window.

Anyone know how to get the darn registered AGAIN!

Bryan

Worth a shot

FSX/FS9 Registry Repair Tool (36KB) 

http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=library

Rich Sennett

From what I have read you are in trial mode and FSX needs to be activated, not sure why the activation window isn't appearing though.  Get more information here Bryan:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/kb/925723

I'll keep reading and see what else I can find.

Try this post, Microsoft License Reset Tool:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/kb/928080

Are you logged in as administrator?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/kb/969886

\Robert Hamlich/

From what I have read you are in trial mode and FSX needs to be activated, not sure why the activation window isn't appearing though.  Get more information here Bryan:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/kb/925723

I'll keep reading and see what else I can find.

I believe he has a registry direction problem - registry thinks its on c: drive but it is not - it should have been uninstalled completely to avoid this problem - its a lengthy process - google the  process to uninstall it completely including all registry deletions that have to be done manually

Rich Sennett

I know its weird, the first time the activiation windows came up and I plugged in the ID.  But when I did it again to move it to a new drive, nothing happened it went right into demo version.

Here's what I'll do.

A complete uninstall again. But this time I will reboot the computer and see if that helps.  I just want to get back to reinstalling and get flying again.

I have the FSTweak registry fixer, and it shows the registry info correctly. What can I say, thanks MS for making everything so easy...lol.

Near CAM3

I know its weird, the first time the activiation windows came up and I plugged in the ID.  But when I did it again to move it to a new drive, nothing happened it went right into demo version.

Here's what I'll do.

A complete uninstall again. But this time I will reboot the computer and see if that helps.  I just want to get back to reinstalling and get flying again.

I have the FSTweak registry fixer, and it shows the registry info correctly. What can I say, thanks MS for making everything so easy...lol.

Yes because it was not totally removed - it has to be for it to work on new install on a different drive - I will try to find that info on how to uninstall it 

Here's what I'll do.

Heres a couple of options - PMDG being the less invasive version - I have always used a manual clean of registry but you need to know what you are doing - if you use PMDG version use ccleaner before reinstalling fsx

This is the only way you will get it to work - fsx is in a loop and no other way to get it to work - a COMPLETE uninstall is needed

http://support.precisionmanuals.com/kb/a87/how-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-fsx.aspx

http://c-aviation.net/clean-reinstall-of-fsx/

Rich Sennett

Busy at it now. Will see how it goes and report back.

Near CAM3

Totally ridiculous. 

I totally removed FSX AGAIN. Rebooted.  Reinstalled, didn't ask me for the ID.  I tried to add Acceleration and it said that until I register FSX I can't install Acceleration.

What a stupid system. Thanks again MS.

I have no idea now what to do?

I wonder should I install back on C drive instead of a non root drive and see if that works?

Near CAM3

Totally ridiculous. 

I totally removed FSX AGAIN. Rebooted.  Reinstalled, didn't ask me for the ID.  I tried to add Acceleration and it said that until I register FSX I can't install Acceleration.

What a stupid system. Thanks again MS.

I have no idea now what to do?

I wonder should I install back on C drive instead of a non root drive and see if that works?

Sorry for your frustration - you could uninstall FSX and install P3D - all your problems solved  :wink:

Rich Sennett

You need to run the License Reset Tool, see post #3.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

RESOLVED

There are plenty of posts about this issue, I'm not alone.  Thanks Joe, I checked out the License reset tool and it did not work either.

I did follow somewhat the procedure listed here.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/960481

- in #3 creating a new user account

1. I uninstalled FSX from its current location on a drive outside of "C:"

2. I logged off, and created an new user account with admin privileges.

3. I began a regular install [for all USERS], but this time let it install in "C" drive.  The install was completed.

4. I launched FSX and it gave me the Activation window.  I activated.

5. I added Acceleration and same thing, it installed and I ran FSX and I activated as usual.

6. I logged off the new account and went to my main account.

7. I copied the entire Flight Simulation X folder under C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games and pasted it into my desired folder on a drive outside of "C"

8. I renamed the clean install under C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games as a backup

9. I used the fsx registry fix tool and reset FSX to link to the new location on my other drive "G"

10. I tested FSX from the new location...

presto....it works, fully registered and I'm up and running.

11. I then went back and deleted the temporary new account I created which I didn't need.

Everything is good!!

Wow, I need a few beers.

Oh and I am getting P3Dv3 as well.

Near CAM3

Next time yuo could  try FSX-SE ,no codes needed

ZORAN

Next time yuo could  try FSX-SE ,no codes needed

Interesting it never entered my mind to consider this.  I'm well on the way into my install now things are going very well, knock on wood.  I don't know much about FSX-SE...could it be just another can of worms?  I don't know.

Near CAM3

Interesting it never entered my mind to consider this.  I'm well on the way into my install now things are going very well, knock on wood.  I don't know much about FSX-SE...could it be just another can of worms?  I don't know.

It could be a can of worms but activation is much simpler.  I found a .PDF that might be of help if you want to go down that route Bryan.  It has a section which provides an explanation as to how to go about installing SE in a custom location:

http://fsrijnmond.airworld.nl/FSX%20Steam%20se/How%20To%20Install%20FSX-Steam%20Edition.pdf

\Robert Hamlich/

Quite an improvement on FSX especially on VAS. There is a lot of info out there just google FSX vs FSX-se

ZORAN