Sign in to follow this  
gpawood

MCP2 Boeing will not initialize

1. LINDA application version 2.6.8.
2. LINDA module name and version iFly737.
3. FSX or Prepar3D (P3D) version FSX.
4. Aircraft model and version default B737 or iFly737.
5. What were you trying to do : connect to VRI MCP2 Boeing panel.
6. A detailed description of what the problem is:  All devices connect, setup, and work just fine, except for the VRI MCP2 Boeing panel.  Linda settings indicate all is ok ! and the Linda console shows MCP2 connected and initialized but the MCP2 Boeing panel never initializes with default aircraft or iFly737 aircraft, screen pictures of Linda console and Linda settings pages are available but I did not see how to attach them to this post.  The MCP2 Boeing panel will work with VRISim software but with VRISim software disabled the panel just will not initialize using Linda, even after system restarts and FSX loads. 

Any suggestions  or advice?  I'm really looking forward to using the MCP2 with Linda, so many options to use.

Tommie Wood

Hi Tommie

Thank you for the detailed report. Sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with your MCP2 Boeing panel. Try the following.

Make sure VRSIM.EXE is NOT running.

Check what COM port is listed in VRSIM and ensure this what is shown in MCP Setup. Does it still indicate FSUIPC4 is correctly set up?

Open FSUIPC4.INI and check entry under [VRINSIGHT] lists the same COM=.

Does the MCP2 panel briefly flash when FSX/LINDA start up? Does the default text remain on the panel?

Try using a default aircraft like the C172. It could a problem with the iFly module.

Start your system and email the FSUIPC4.log file to linda@awginfosys.net.

Finally, LINDA 2.7.0 has just been issued.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Email with info and file sent to the linda@ email address.

tommie c

Hi Tommie

Thank you for emailing the log file and confirming that all the question answers were positive.

From your log, I would appear that everything started correctly but I can't explain why the display would revert to the startup display. It is though it is being sent a re-initialisation command.

One point I noticed was that FSUIPC4 logging closed. When this happens, LINDA will not function correctly.

When you load the Default C172 aircraft, does the FSX Sync display '* FSX Default' and turn orange?  Also make sure the MCP2 panel is switched on before your start FSX and LINDA.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew