Sign in to follow this  
SledheadAK

Project Tupolev Tu-154

I saw a post on their forums about it working in P3Dv3, but each time I load it and switch to the VC - the computer freezes and the display driver fails.

Has anyone had success in running this bird?  I'm thinking it's a gauge issue but I've not found the source as of yet.

Joseph Chamberlain

FAA ADX

I saw a post on their forums about it working in P3Dv3, but each time I load it and switch to the VC - the computer freezes and the display driver fails.

Has anyone had success in running this bird?  I'm thinking it's a gauge issue but I've not found the source as of yet.

The way I've made my FSX adons work in P3D V3 is using Migration Tool.

The way I've made my FSX adons work in P3D V3 is using Migration Tool.

Same, no go with this bird however...

Joseph Chamberlain

FAA ADX

I have it fully working In P3D v3. I am using FSX version 1.3 plus 1.3.1 patch. Obviously we are talking about Tu154b2, not the M version as PT has never built Tu154M for FSX.

I am using oryginal installers only. No migration tools needed.

Make sure your default saved flight is some simple GA aircraft parked with all systems off and view is set on 2D (PT Tu154b2 must load into 2D view to properly initialize systems).

Let me know if it works.

Kris

That was the key!  

I was loading the aircraft strictly from the main menu, with your advice I loaded the Piper Cub first, switched to the 2D view, loaded the Ty-154 and switched to VC with no crashing!

Though I still can get a crash if I resize the window any... will have to watch out for that.

Thank you, Kris.

Joseph Chamberlain

FAA ADX

No problem. :)

If you describe the problem with resizing crash maybe i will be able to help.

What is the error message? What if you switch to full screen?

Kris

No problem. :)

If you describe the problem with resizing crash maybe i will be able to help.

What is the error message? What if you switch to full screen?

Kris

It actually just seems to be iffy in all situations now, for some reason it crashes my display driver - I'm using NVidia driver 364.51 and it will black screen my monitors and crash.

It is really hit and miss unfortunately so it's hard to track a single source of the issue.

Joseph Chamberlain

FAA ADX

Try different drivers, also some older ones but not older that P3D.

Each time you change drivers do a "clean install" - you will find guides in the Internet.

Does it happen only with PT Tu154?

Aye, I'm doing that today... if you use NVidia could you perhaps check what drivers you're using?

It is only with the Tu154, yes...  definitely something within the VC that is causing it to crash sporadically.

Joseph Chamberlain

FAA ADX

I'm not using NVI, only have NCP set to run in max performance mode... I'm trying out the newest beta drivers after a clean install using DDU and this may be working.

Joseph Chamberlain

FAA ADX

Works with the default P3D Simconnect?

V1.3.1 works with simconnect of FSX SP1.

Tomás Fabada Castellana

Yes. On P3D v3.2. Havent flown it yet on v3.3.5.

Anyway i think installing all 3 legacy simconnect versions is not a problem, isnt it?