Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

What is Aerowinx PSX....

Of course it is a LOT more than what can be seen in this very comprehensive video recorded by one of the forum members at the AEROWINX site, but the video can surely help those interested in finding out more about how PSX works.

The video will show standalone use of PSX,but for the visuals, using a single computer and display, or any variants of that, such as multiple displays and a single PC to multiple PCs and displays and even a full home cockpit, everything is possible ( 1 )

I use it with X-plane 10 through the XView plugin ( 2 ). FSX, FSX:SE and P3D can also be used through VisualPSX. 

Unfortunately, no video can provide you with the "feel" of being at the controls of Aerowinx PSX. It's all about a very detailed flight dynamics and overall physics model, Weather model that covers complex features such as Jetstream, and details among many others such as geopotential height due to dense / cold  air masses vs operations under hot weather... 

Believe me, bringing the PSX 744 down to a landing under stormy weather can make us sweat! 

See here  recorded Aerowinx PSX session by Double Alpha from the Aerowinx Forums...

( 1 ) See here a home cockpit setup, using X-Plane 10 for the visuals...

( 2 )  And here the kind of setup I use  - single PC and display.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Nothing can prepare you for the price tag either!  Hardy does great work, and I have the first version his 747, but I won't rob a bank for this one...

DJ

Nothing can prepare you for the price tag either!  Hardy does great work, and I have the first version his 747, but I won't rob a bank for this one...

DJ

It's a tool intended for "professional" training, kind of an interactive CBT. If you're about to get a 744 type rating it would make a lot of sense having this product in mind.

Another similar product is the FlightDeck A32x.

It's not an entertainment product aimed at the casual simmer.

Jaime Beneyto

My real life aviation and flight simulation videos [English and Spanish]

System: i9 9900k OC 5.0 GHz | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Asus Z390-F

Yep, A32x has long been in my 2 buy list, but it's even more expensive :-/

For- serious-  IFR training also nothing comes close to ELITE either... 

The Perfect Triad : PSX, A32X, ELITE  :-)

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

The video above doesn't really do it justice.  Since buying Aerowinx PSX a year ago I rarely fly anything else.  I run it on 3 27' monitors and one 40" 4K at 72 fps with FSX providing the visuals. I am able to expand the visuals over all 4 monitors with no loss of detail running 3 separate networked instances of the program.   The experience is totally immersive in a way that FSX can never be.  Every single breaker of the 747 is present and operative, and there are failure option combinations  that no other simulation has.  ATC is accurately modelled, along with a functioning copilot.  A recent Mutley's Hangar review explains this much better than I could. 

The way I see it, I have saved a ton of money by not bothering to buy, indeed not being interested in, the latest & greatest FSX/P#D add ons.  Aerowinx will keep me busy for years to come :) 

Heh, thats my video on the second link (landing in Sydney). 

Yes, Aerowinx is a great simulator; unfortunately I am now building an A320 -- http://soarbywire.com 

I don't think I can sell my copy of Aerowinx (the license does not permit)? 

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

@OmniAtlas: Oops, sorry about that OmniAtlas - I would include a reference to the author but I can no longer edit the OP :-/

And... I am sure you'll gladly alternate between your Airbus sim and the 744 :-)

@Lon David: You're right, but there aren't many videos of FSX being used in such a way, including FSX or P3D for the visuals :-( - at least apart from some excerpts of Peter's tutorials, where images of P3D can be observed, I couldn't find any in youtube...

Main Simulation Rig:

DJ

When you think about it, the initial investment is significant one, however there is no need to further invest into anything. Obviously, if you want to have 'outside' view, then you FS-X, X-plane, P3D (for the time being this is a must for anybody that wants to fly online - VATSIM/IVAO). However, the level of detail, aerodynamics, and weather model outweigh the initial costs. I have been loyal user of PS since PS1.3 days.

When you get P3D, X-plane or FSX, you surely invest in new scenery, weather engine, and add-on planes. Eventually, you are far above the initial outlay for PSX. :)

The level of support from Hardy (technically, it's a one man show) is unbelievable - he reacts very quickly and makes minute adjustments to keep it 'as real as it gets'. Finally, the community is what made me switch....I have been luring to Aerowinx's forums since at least 2003.The community there is very friendly, open, and eager to teach. Things and details you learn from experts about B744 is enormous.

But I do understand what you mean.

For me it's simple....PSX (with a plan to finally interlink to visuals). One day......I will build me a cockpit! :)

• Upvote 1

Andrej,  couldn't agree more with you.

TBH, I primarily use PSX stnadalone, because I have an old PC and and also because the weather rendering when using FSX or X-plane for the visuals can't sometimes match the flight situations I want to fly, specially when in extreme weather / visibility is used.

The only think I think could have been improved would be the rw lighting systems.

Main Simulation Rig: