Sign in to follow this  
Deadeye31

RAAS and Make Runways question.

This should be an easy question but just making sure. Once I run "Make Runways", the instructions don't say what to do with the resulting files. Do I need to put them into the scenery folder or RAAS folder or anyplace or just leave them in the main FSX folder?

I bought it with FS2crew 737 reboot and installed it on FSX: Steam version of FSX.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

This should be an easy question but just making sure. Once I run "Make Runways", the instructions don't say what to do with the resulting files. Do I need to put them into the scenery folder or RAAS folder or anyplace or just leave them in the main FSX folder?

I bought it with FS2crew 737 reboot and installed it on FSX: Steam version of FSX.

Just put makerwys.exe in your main FSX folder and run it there. It will create all the necessary files in the same location, (FSX main), which is where RAAS will expect to find them.

Run make runways again any time you add or delete scenery, and your RAAS will always be in sync with your scenery.

ok. Thank you.

The instructions just weren't clear. RAAS' manual says "Follow the read me" and the read me says says "After running the program to completion, just copy the files to their
respective program's folders."

Neither one says what that is for RAAS. So maybe just something for the RAAS guys to update in the manual.

If anyone needs help we're here.

All you do is drop the MakeRunways.exe into the main P3D or FSX folder and run it.

You should run it anytime you change your scenery to update the runways database.

You should run it anytime you change your scenery to update the runways database.

Hi there, just wondering what if I just temporarily disable the scenery by just un-checking it from the scenery library because I'm not going to fly in that region anyways, so do I still need to run MakeRunways.exe?

Thanks,

Hi there, just wondering what if I just temporarily disable the scenery by just un-checking it from the scenery library because I'm not going to fly in that region anyways, so do I still need to run MakeRunways.exe?

In that case you wouldn't need to run Make Runways since you won't be flying in that region.

Cheers,

Hello whenever i try to open FSX after i installed make runways and ran the program in the main FSX folder. I get the following error SCHEMA.INI is Missing. what does this mean and how do i fix it?

Sounds like a write permission issue (schema.ini was not installed).

Here's a work around:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/446835-raas-schemaini-file-is-missing/

Better solution though would be this:

1. Right click on the FSX.exe.

2. Select Always Run as Admin in the compatibility tab.

3. Re-install the PMDG.

I figured it out I looked around until I found it then just moved it to the main FSX folder... thank you though.

Hey Guys, I need some help concerning wrongful RWY Identification Callouts by the RAAS at Berlin Schonefeld, EDDB, Germany.

The thing is that this Airfield has been re-designed to become Berlin Brandenburg Intl Airport BBI sice the Mid 2000nds. Former RWY 07L/25R is removed, former 07R/25L got 1100 M TORA more and became 07L/25R and a new RWY 07R/25 was build 4 km further south for simultaneous RWY Ops.

In spite of running the newest MakeRunway.exe, RAAS still calls out the new 07L/25R as old 07R/25L and most likely does not know the new 07R/25L at all. Due to BBI most likely will never enter into service and 07R/25L is not published in the current AIP for EDDB, I do not care too much about that RWY. But the wrongful Callouts for 07L/25R Ident and length are a pity.

Here my Specs:

1. simulator version

P3DV4.0

2. service pack/patch 

None

3. the airport you have problems with

EDDB

4. the runways you have problems with (and if possible, the taxiway you are using to enter the runway -> of course only if its a problem with aural alerts on ground)

See above

5. r5.csv content (line 19326 - 19329)

EDDB,0071,52.380123,13.517109,157,66.810,8872,0,148,2.000,52.384521,13.535697,0,,  
EDDB,0072,52.367683,13.484990,157,66.800,9822,110.70BG,148,2.000,52.372555,13.505561,0,,
EDDB,0251,52.377426,13.526132,157,246.800,9822,109.90BG,148,2.000,52.372555,13.505561,0,,
EDDB,0252,52.388920,13.554285,157,246.810,8872,0,148,2.000,52.384521,13.535697,0,,  

6. other addons that are active at the moment you are flying

Aersosoft BBI Mega Airport, AS16, PMDG 737 NGX

Greetings from Berlin,

Stephan Drullmann

Hi Stephan,

Make Runways just reads your scenery directly and builds the database based on what's in your scenery files.

I've never personally tried manually editing the runways database, but you could try manually editing out that line.

If it gets messed up, just run Make Runways again.

Another idea would be to ask Pete Dowson directly.  Make Runways is his program and he's the true expert on it.

Hi byork,

MakeRunways definiteley got the old P3D4 RWY Coordinates. I checked it with Google Maps now. So I would not have concerns deleting Line No 1 and 4 in the .csv, cause that RWY does not exist any more.

Is r5.csv the file RAAS gets it´s Information from? Or is it just more or less a mirror for visualisation? 

PS:

And it might be better to know, for which certain Information each column stands. 

ICAO Code; RWY 1=L/2=R;GPS Coord at Threshold;???; RWY HDG; RWY Lenght in ft?; ???;????;  

As mentioned, RAAS does not use its own database.  RAAS uses the database created by Make Runways.

Make Runways creates the database by scanning your scenery files.

The runways names, etc., are embedded in the scenery files, and they're dependent on whatever the scenery programmer inputted.

Pete Dowson would really be the one to ask about the structure of the Make Runways files.

He has a support forum, and that'd be a great place to find out more.  I'm sure he can help you better than me on this one.

Best,