Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

UT2 Unusable in P3D V3.2

Well now that I have moving AI Traffic provided by UT2 in P3D V 3.2 my sim is crashing

This didnt happen when I got UT2 in installed but they wouldnt move - they are now and aircraft was flying by in distance and bam crash - this happened many times

My error message from event viewer stated ai_player.dll error

After some investigation this is a common problem I did not know existed - seems to be a problem with older models and many posts on this - fsdt - fsuipc forums etc.

So any suggestions if there is a fix for this as the comments I have seen point to not using it - thanks 

This is a bare bones new OS and P3D install

Rich Sennett

I never once had a problem with UT2 yet in P3D 3.2...

I never once had a problem with UT2 yet in P3D 3.2...

You lucky then as there is a problem with others using it  ---------------  Just noticed migration tool was disabled that may be the problem - I will try it out

Stated by Jim

AI_Player.dll - The faulting module was the ai_player.dll which is the module that controls your AI (a commercial AI program or the default).

• Could be something wrong with an AI model or object. If you have MyTrafficX, you can disable AI in the Scenery Library to see if this fixes the problem. If so, then this is the problem. If you have another AI program installed, then disable that program to see if the program is causing your crashes.

• Problem occurs occasionally in the Seattle area with FTX/Orbx Pacific Northwest. This may have been fixed by now but check the FTX/Orbx forums and search for AI_Player.

• Caused by freeware airports in the area that has static aircraft or their own AI aircraft and flight plans. Disable the add-on airport and see if problem is gone. If you have any FSDT, Flight Beam airports, do not disable them. They are not the problem.

• AI programs like MyTrafficX has AFCAD's for hundreds, maybe thousands of airports in the MyTraffic/Scenery folder. Anyone of these could be the cause of the ai_player crash. In this case, make sure you have the latest version of your AI program installed.

Rich Sennett

Seems enabling Migration tool has fixed it - all seems good now  :smile:

Rich Sennett

Are you using the migration tool?

Beat me to it by one second...  :smile:

Are you using the migration tool?

Beat me to it by one second...  :smile:

Hi Buddy - yes - seems it needs to be on unless installing native programs - then make sure you turn it back on  :wink:

Rich Sennett

Interesting you're having this issue. I followed the great manual instructions Poppet provided and haven't had any issues. I don't like the idea of having to keep the migration tool "enabled" just to get UT2 running so maybe run through her guide and compare it to your install and see if there's anything you need to tweak?

You don't need to keep the migration tool running to have ut2 work. You only need the migration tool enabled if you want to use the user interface to change settings etc

You don't need to keep the migration tool running to have ut2 work. You only need the migration tool enabled if you want to use the user interface to change settings etc

Thats what I thought but its now working fine and its the only thing I have changed - now hope there is a tool for converting 32bit to 64bit - hint hint  :wink:

Rich Sennett