Sign in to follow this  
randallgriffin

What I Would Like to see in an Update

The Learjet is a wonderful plane.  I have about 45 hours on it.

But I would like to see the following addressed in the next update:

1.  Pressurization system:  The cabin climb/descent guage doesn't seem to work.  It stays on zero, even in climbs and descents.

2. Standby altimeter:  The standby altimeter seems to be off slightly, as it doesn't match the main altimeter.

3. Is there a way that autopilot pitch changes can be made without having to switch off the vertical pitch mode in order to manually set the pitch, then reengaging the mode?

4. Also, when radio altimeter is on, I get the "Don't sink" warning, even though descending at 500-700 fpm on approach.

Also, are there any repaints available besides the 3 on the website?

Thanks.

--Randall Griffin

I support all the points above, plus:

- fix the too high fuel burn to match the 1500/1200/1100/1000 lbs per hour rule when cruising at

440kts TAS, M0.78. Currently, these burn figures are only achievable with a M0.70-M0.72 mach (410-420kts) cruise which is too slow

- provide dedicated, separated IAS and Mach hold functionality on the autopilot SPD button

- Fix blurry textures in some areas, especially on the pedestal and the lower throttle quadrant area, when night elec panel lighting is active

And yes, the Lear is great. About 50h here and I absolutely love it.

Dave P. Woycek

Hi Folks,

Been interested in this plane...

Does it support the GTN650 as well ??? I don't see it listed - so I'm assuming it's a no...

The 650 would probably be a deal maker/breaker for me at this point - as I'm not too keen on paying double for a very similar product - especially at the P3D rates...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

The standby altimeter in most high performance jets is usually a bit off from the two (CA + FO) altimeters. It's off the standby pitot static source and uncorrected- whereas the Ca/FO instruments are usually run through a flight data computer before being presented on the gauge. There's a limit of course for the error depending on the altitude, but somewhere inside of 200ft is still ok!

• Upvote 1

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

I didn't know that about the stand-by altimeter.

However, the problem I'm seeing is that while the altimeter setting on the main altimeter reads, for example, 29.92, the stand-by shows 29.91.  There is a 1/100th inch difference between the two settings, no matter what altitude/elevation.

It seems to me that the setting on one should be the same as the other.  And in this sim, the two cannot be set independently.

--Randall Griffin

The standby altimeter in most high performance jets is usually a bit off from the two (CA + FO) altimeters. It's off the standby pitot static source and uncorrected- whereas the Ca/FO instruments are usually run through a flight data computer before being presented on the gauge. There's a limit of course for the error depending on the altitude, but somewhere inside of 200ft is still ok!

It may be off, but it should not set to 29.91 when pushing the standard pressure button. At least it should be set to 29.92.

Dave P. Woycek

Hi Folks,

Been interested in this plane...

Does it support the GTN650 as well ??? I don't see it listed - so I'm assuming it's a no...

The 650 would probably be a deal maker/breaker for me at this point - as I'm not too keen on paying double for a very similar product - especially at the P3D rates...

Regards,

Scott

Nope, only the 750. But you could still use the 650 as a poup.

Regards.
Matthias Hanel

MilViz Beta Team

However, the problem I'm seeing is that while the altimeter setting on the main altimeter reads, for example, 29.92, the stand-by shows 29.91. There is a 1/100th inch difference between the two settings, no matter what altitude/elevation.

It seems to me that the setting on one should be the same as the other. And in this sim, the two cannot be set independently.

--Randall Griffin

Exactly. Either the developers decouple the altimeters or they must make sure that both mbar and inHg settings are in sync across all altimeters at any setting.

Dave P. Woycek

However, the problem I'm seeing is that while the altimeter setting on the main altimeter reads, for example, 29.92, the stand-by shows 29.91.  There is a 1/100th inch difference between the two settings, no matter what altitude/elevation.

It seems to me that the setting on one should be the same as the other.  And in this sim, the two cannot be set independently.

--Randall Griffin

Oh! I thought you meant the altitude readout was different... But you're right, the altimeter setting should match whatever you set it to- or  I guess in this case if it is sync'd up with the main one.

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

- Fix blurry textures in some areas, especially on the pedestal and the lower throttle quadrant area, when night elec panel lighting is active

Forget about that. The lighting apparently blends in with a lower resolution bitmap, probably for perfomance reasons. Can be remedied with graphics driver AA settings. Taking this off the list.

Dave P. Woycek

The autopilot still has some bugs. For example, it does not always disengage when you click on the ENG button. The ENG light goes out, but you still can't control the a/c with the yoke.

Al

The autopilot still has some bugs. For example, it does not always disengage when you click on the ENG button. The ENG light goes out, but you still can't control the a/c with the yoke.Al

Yes it does. Also, it is a problem to get rid of the flight director in flight. Typical scenario is the non- precision approach down to MDA or an ILS breakoff for circling, then continue VFR hand-flying with FD off.

Disengaging the AP and canceling all modes (lat and vert) does not remove the flight director. Sometimes the FD gets removed after quickly enabling/disabling HDG mode, but the vertical guidance (glide slope) remains on the ADI when having been on an ILS, LPV or LNAV/V approach with vertical guidance on the ADI.

Canceling all modes of the AP (so that there are no lit buttons on the AP panel) must remove all FD indications, both lateral and vertical.

I use the F1 GTN 750.

Dave P. Woycek

Also, it is a problem to get rid of the flight director in flight.

I had that very problem show up today. Turned off everything on the AP panel, but the FD remained. Even turning off the main AP power switch did not cause the FD to disengage.

Hopefully such issues will get addressed.

Al