Sign in to follow this  
nealmac

Long time lurker deciding to post

Hey all

Another newbie here. I've been simming on and off since the days of MSFS 98. I now use FSX:SE and I have a bought some nice add ons. Thinking of making the switch to P3D but I'm not really sure if I would have to re purchase my addons so I'll need to do a bit more research.

Anyway, I received countless help from reading these forums and I could never say thanks as I wasn't registered. So now that I'm registered, thanks to anyone who has helped me out in the past. I just hope I can return the favour some day.

Neal.

• Upvote 1

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

Thanks for the welcome. Yeah P3D definitely looks like the right move. I just don't want to have to spend hundreds of euros/pounds/dollars on the same addons. I've heard that any PMDG software needs to be repurchased. I was going to treat myself to the T7 but I think I'll hold off for the time being. I have other addons like the Aerosoft Airbus A320/321, Active Sky Next, the Cessna Citation 750 X V2.0, PFPX. I also have an Aerosoft Mega Airport and Orbx Global Base and Global Vector. I also have Orbx Ireland. It wwould kill me to have to buy all that again lol.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

Thanks for the welcome. Yeah P3D definitely looks like the right move. I just don't want to have to spend hundreds of euros/pounds/dollars on the same addons. I've heard that any PMDG software needs to be repurchased. I was going to treat myself to the T7 but I think I'll hold off for the time being. I have other addons like the Aerosoft Airbus A320/321, Active Sky Next, the Cessna Citation 750 X V2.0, PFPX. I also have an Aerosoft Mega Airport and Orbx Global Base and Global Vector. I also have Orbx Ireland. It wwould kill me to have to buy all that again lol.

Welcome to Avsim  :wink:

None of these addons you listed need to be re-purchased except for PMDG products they all work in P3D - good luck with you decision 

• Upvote 1

Rich Sennett

Nice one. I already have the NGX so I knew I'd have to repurchase that. But I found myself using the Airbus a lot more. I definitely prefer it and it was only half the price. I'm thinking if I get the T7 I probably won't bother with the NGX, so all in all I won't have wasted any money.

Thanks for the heads up.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

Nice one. I already have the NGX so I knew I'd have to repurchase that. But I found myself using the Airbus a lot more. I definitely prefer it and it was only half the price. I'm thinking if I get the T7 I probably won't bother with the NGX, so all in all I won't have wasted any money.

Thanks for the heads up.

Your welcome - yes the Airbus works great in P3D and is a great bird no need to re-purchase many developers have provided updated installers for P3D including Orbx - keep in mind 64 bit coming all bets are off then - not sure what the up charge will be for that - good luck - another fun fact - takes a fraction of the time to install P3D than FSX  :wink:

Rich Sennett

A few other add ons I have which I forgot about: GSX, EZDOK Nav Data Pro and FSUIPC (registered version). Will I need to repurchase these?

Obviously Nav Data Pro is a subscription service so it's not like I'd have to repurchase it anyway.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

A few other add ons I have which I forgot about: GSX, EZDOK Nav Data Pro and FSUIPC (registered version). Will I need to repurchase these?

Obviously Nav Data Pro is a subscription service so it's not like I'd have to repurchase it anyway.

Nope - good to go

Latest FSUIPC - make sure you grab the right one for P3D 

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/80977-updated-modules/

• Upvote 1

Rich Sennett

Where does one get their hands on the P3D version of the Citation X?  I have a license for the FSX version.

I also have Orbx Ireland

Yeah, you won't have to rebuy any of that stuff except PMDG.  I've had my eye on Orbx Ireland for ages but have sat on my hands...too much cash for the two parts.  Boggles my mind that Northern Ireland is its own region...maybe that's a political statement of some kind.

And welcome.

• Upvote 1

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I think you send an e-mail to developer and they will take care of it for you

A2A has to be bought for P3D comes to mind - Milviz also

Rich Sennett

Where does one get their hands on the P3D version of the Citation X? I have a license for the FSX version.

You need to DL the new installer from Eaglesoft

Where does one get their hands on the P3D version of the Citation X?  I have a license for the FSX version.

Yeah, you won't have to rebuy any of that stuff except PMDG.  I've had my eye on Orbx Ireland for ages but have sat on my hands...too much cash for the two parts.  Boggles my mind that Northern Ireland is its own region...maybe that's a political statement of some kind.

And welcome.

Yeah it's a bit silly having them as seperate regions when NI is such a small area.

Thanks for the welcome.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough