Sign in to follow this  
oriusmagus

AI Traffic

Hey guys,

just wanted to know which AI Traffic you are using for P3D? Im actually using P3Dv2.5 and have WOAI and Traffic 360 but I dont have any installed yet.

So which one you can recommend. Or any other tool?

If it is possible I want the newest Airlines wiht their newest flightplans.

Any idea is welcome :)

Cheers

Developer          www.facebook.com/Crossfeed-Design

Phil

I am using MT6 and very happy. The models are very low rez which is a big help. If you need to have a shiny version where you can see

the rivets, then MT6 is not for you. I have been using 20% commercial and 40% GA, and that is plenty of traffic for me flying GA.

Bob

MyTraffic 6.0a, stay away from Traffic 360, no logo lights at night and the cfg's are full of errors

WOAI with updated flightplans/liveries from Alpha India Group.

• Upvote 1

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

MT6 works great and is hassle free. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Build a setup from WOAI and then use Alpha India Group for current plans, repaints and models. Of course it's certainly more work, but its up to date and looks awesome which pays off. The lower end models and paints from MyT6 or myt5 don't help performance like people say. Aircraft for aircraft the performance is near identical.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

I have used both and I can say that both work equally well, but with their ups and downs.  WOAI works in P3D, but not all models/liveries are built the same.  As suggested, downloading updated schedules help move the traffic.  With MT6, which I currently use, I have had no issues with performance and the models work fine.  In fact, some of the models I have observed during rollout and taxi, function just like real aircraft should.  They may not be the best looking, but how important is that to you personally?  For me, as long as I have traffic, then I'm ok.  As far as ease of install, MT6 is the best.  WOAI takes a bit of time to install each livery, also making sure they are compatible.  I have had some liveries bomb my sim or failed install, so sctutinize what you download for max compatibility.

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Hi Dave, I disagree.

When I was running FSX there was a clear difference between the "performance models" and the "Shiny ones".

The shiny ones have a larger mem footprint. I know most of the time there are AI in memory that we do not see, but logic

is what it is, and those who are pushing the envelope on memory are surely going to see a difference.

Bob

• Upvote 1

I have several, but use Traffic 360, because of it's low impact.

Its schedules are from 2013 and their planes might not be the shiniest but it serves the purpose for my needs. ie Traffic

To install I used a fake FSX path and then copied some of the folders and flight plans to P3D using the recommended P3D v3 folder structure. (Effects, Sound & \SimObjects\JFTraffic360)

Although I hardly ever recompile the flight plans, I kept the FSX copy just in case.

I also use the ORBX excellent AI Freeware and in my settings I gave preference to GA as I don't fly tubes anymore and rarely visit large airports, (although I might go back to when the AS-A330 is ready)

Ramón

I have several, but use Traffic 360, because of it's low impact.

But no night textures is a big turn off for me

That's OK Bob, you are totally entitled to disagree.

IMO, using the Myt6 "performance models" or even the "Shiny ones" they just don't look very good and cheapen my sim. We invest a lot of time and money to make it look good and run well, I just can't bear to see it with MyT6 compared to a custom setup. I've also tested MyT6, UT2 as well as a fully custom AI setup and aircraft for aircraft the FPS and VAS are essentially the same. So whether you have 100 AI in the bubble to 200 to 300 or 600 etc.

The OP was just looking for options, and also said that he was looking for the newest Airlines with their newest flightplans, MyT6 will include some, but the plans are often horribly fictitious and out of date (an example is NWA Cargo? They stopped flying in Dec, 2009!).

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

That's OK Bob, you are totally entitled to disagree.

IMO, using the Myt6 "performance models" or even the "Shiny ones" they just don't look very good and cheapen my sim. We invest a lot of time and money to make it look good and run well, I just can't bear to see it with MyT6 compared to a custom setup. I've also tested MyT6, UT2 as well as a fully custom AI setup and aircraft for aircraft the FPS and VAS are essentially the same. So whether you have 100 AI in the bubble to 200 to 300 or 600 etc.

The OP was just looking for options, and also said that he was looking for the newest Airlines with their newest flightplans, MyT6 will include some, but the plans are often horribly fictitious and out of date (an example is NWA Cargo? They stopped flying in Dec, 2009!).

Hey Dave, I don't have any proof or Graph's of the VAS, but it just seems logical to me.

But, I do remember using in FSX using the shiny ones and there was a big difference in performance. That's all I have to stand on.

Bob

I

Custom setup,i've found has been the best way to go for me.

It does take time to get it all set nicely,but the sim looks really good now

And fairly up to date.Generally the major airlines I have installed are winter15-16 the rest are summer 15

As Dave said I have found no real impact on fps

Pete Little

Caught Traffic 360 on sale and so far so good. Not too heavy on frames, very nice models, decent traffic schedules and all my ai appear to have night lighting.

The interface (outside the sim) is a little clunky though.

JD