Sign in to follow this  
Duncan Odgers

PMDG 777 Crash P3d V3

HI Guys,

Please see my recent crash report. I am using Win10, PMDG 777, ASN, FSreal time, Traffic Optimiser and MT6. I was flying from KJFK - EGLL with Aerosoft EGLL Xtended active I was 10miles from TOD when the crash happened and was using auto time compression from the PMDG 777 fine until I reached that 10mile from TOD. I also have ORBX Global and England active.

Any help would be great!

Thanks

Duncan Odgers

Response: Not available
Cab Id: 128990446210

Problem signature:
P1: Prepar3D.exe
P2: 3.2.2.16659
P3: 56D5AA12
P4: 288
P5:
P6:
P7:
P8:
P9:
P10:

Attached files:
C:\Users\funky\AppData\Local\Temp\WER3B57.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\NonCritical_Prepar3D.exe_14886055c7ec2733adf411d26c53adf789f98ce_00000000_cab_206b3b57\minidump.mdmp
C:\Windows\Temp\WER4152.tmp.csv

These files may be available here:
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\NonCritical_Prepar3D.exe_14886055c7ec2733adf411d26c53adf789f98ce_00000000_cab_012bf6f6

Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report ID: 0af0611d-05a3-11e6-9d3d-74d02b35f295
Report Status: 8
Hashed bucket: 6b025f3d997ea75779178bbb7d109e14

I finally removed Aerosoft Heathrow Extended from my computer, never to return. It is almost a guarantee that you will have an OOM error using the PMDG 777 with their EGLL. I've had OOM errors simply starting from TOD and then unable to land before a crash. I also am using Orbx with their EU ENG region and Vector so it's not only Aerosoft's EGLL but since it alone consumes more VAS than any scenery I've ever used I'm laying the blame on it.

Dan Downs KCRP

I finally removed Aerosoft Heathrow Extended from my computer, never to return. It is almost a guarantee that you will have an OOM error using the PMDG 777 with their EGLL. I've had OOM errors simply starting from TOD and then unable to land before a crash. I also am using Orbx with their EU ENG region and Vector so it's not only Aerosoft's EGLL but since it alone consumes more VAS than any scenery I've ever used I'm laying the blame on it.

Dan has a good point.  I OOM'ed once flying out of Gatwick on a SID flying northeast towards EGLL, and that was with NO add-on airport installed.  I avoid EGLL like the plague. lol

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Dan has a good point. I OOM'ed once flying out of Gatwick on a SID flying northeast towards EGLL, and that was with NO add-on airport installed. I avoid EGLL like the plague. lol

-Jim

I wonder how that is possible? I've been flying the T7 into UK2000 EGLL a lot lately using FTX Global, UTX and UT2 traffic at 70% and WOAI cargo packages at 100%, ASN weather and usually have around 1gb VAS available the whole time. But, I run 512 DTX clouds and don't extend my LOD beyond the 4.5. This is on FSX SP2, DX9 version (no DXT10 fixer installed).

I've also converted my EGLL textures that were 32 bit to DXT format for VAS savings.

Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Yup, UK2000 EGLL was my solution.  Didn't find a need to convert textures either but I don't use any traffic (using P3Dv3.2).

Dan Downs KCRP

Yup, UK2000 EGLL was my solution.  Didn't find a need to convert textures either but I don't use any traffic (using P3Dv3.2).

Even I will admit that Uk2000's EGLL is much lighter on resources.  I used it a few times for departures, in the past and with GA aircraft...no tubeliners.  Some day I'll try to nail down why I get OOM's but I suspect it has to do with ORBX's intense region scenery.  EGKK seems to work fine, with occasional stutters.  EGPF and EGCC work a little better.  Maybe it's the amount of polys that go into EGLL making it such a monster on resources?

-Jim

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Just look at the size of the product in its zip folder: 4.5 GB! This is an insane size for any airport, even if it includes all the tourist attractions in London. I suspect it is mostly bloat.

Orbx Vector has to be carefully configured, you save a lot if you don't need small streams and secondary road underpasses. Deal with this issue and Orbx is generally easy on the VAS.

Dan Downs KCRP

Are you talking about ORBX's England or UK2000's EGLL?

It's hard for me to rid my rig of England, as I fly around there quite frequently and Love the look of the scenery, especially when I am flying GA aircraft.  I may, someday, put Vector back on, but I don't really see a need for it right now.

-Jim

Are you talking about ORBX's England or UK2000's EGLL?

Neither,  I use both UK2000 EGLL and Orbx EU ENG/SCO without problem.  I was talking about Orbx Vector, the only product from them that I've had to "manage" to control VAS use, and I was passing that along to you after your comment regarding Orbx products earlier.

Dan Downs KCRP

Supposedly, ORBX was working on an update to Vector.  I think they realize now more than ever that Vector really wasn't ready for primetime.  The management you speak of, happens to a lot of folks.

-Jim