Sign in to follow this  
N1G

Your Favorite Utility

I am just curious as there have been so many of the years with FSX. Some are still around, others died off or are not compatible with v3.

I remember one that allowed me to maintain a time of day i.e. dusk. I loved it but forgot the name of it. Plus I'm getting older and

forgetting stuff is becoming a real annoyance. Moving maps were cool way back, but now for many the GTN are out. Launchers too were big.

Anyway, I have lost track and just trying to find out if there is anything out there I can't live with. I am really enjoying P3D with

my current addons and well, you guys know, there is ALWAYS room for something new.

Bob

1. Simstarter NG (http://aviation.pero-online.de/wordpress/?page_id=105)

2. Fs-Flightcontrol (https://www.fs-flightcontrol.com/en/)

3. SImlauncher (http://www.avsim.com/forum/722-simlauncherx/)

4. SPAD.neXt (http://www.fsgs.com/forum/) for all your Saitek gear

All four up to date, Prepar3d3-enabled, network enabled and maintained and in regular use on my system,

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

1. Simstarter NG (http://aviation.pero-online.de/wordpress/?page_id=105)

2. Fs-Flightcontrol (https://www.fs-flightcontrol.com/en/)

3. SImlauncher (http://www.avsim.com/forum/722-simlauncherx/)

4. SPAD.neXt (http://www.fsgs.com/forum/) for all your Saitek gear

All four up to date, Prepar3d3-enabled, network enabled and maintained and in regular use on my system,

Kind regards, Michael

Thanks Michael, All noted. I have The Saitek Panels but using the Freeware version "Spad". I never really compared the 2 side by side.

Fsuipc

Of Course!

I would say  FSUIPC and Simstarter NG (used the free version in the past) as well. SPAD.neXt seems to be a powerful tool for Saitek devices although they suck as hardware...

OT: How is the failure thing of Fs-Flightcontrol? Does it work well over P3D v3.2 and with titles like Aerosoft Buses and Twin Otter Extended?

Best regards, Luís

SYSTEM (build date july, 2023): Case: Lian Li Lancool III  |  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z790-E Gaming WIFI  CPU: Intel® Core™ i9-13900K Processor @ 6.0 GHZ  |  RAM: 128 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB @ 4800 MHZ  |  MVMe 1: 4 TB Crucial T700 PCIe Gen 5 MVMe 2: 4TB WD Black SN850X PCIe Gen 4 Cooler: Corsair iCue H150i Elite LCD XT | PSU: Corsair HX1500i | GPU: Asus ROG STRIX Gaming 4090 OC | Microsoft Windows 11 x64 Pro

From my experience, I wouldn't agree their hardware sucks. I have all Panels, Cessna Yoke+Pedals+Trim and TPM and 9 FIPS, in quite heavy use for years. One FIP failed so far and had to be substituted. Of yourse, you can't compare a Cessna yoke to a 1500 $ model, that would be a bit unfair, wouldn't it?

What really sucks is their driver support and their support in general, and this has been sucking for years now. But that's what SPAD.neXt is for. I now run all the stuff named above over a networked laptop, saving a few fps (and a few stutters) and making the controls and their settings visually accessible and modifyable even during the fly without hiding the simulator.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Fsuipc

Huuuuuuge yes.  Simstarter has made my sim so much nicer.  FSUIPC is, of course, essential.  Also Active Sky Next.  To be honest, I avoid pretty much the rest of the utilities.  There comes a point with some of them that you end up having to do a rebuild.  I was just sitting here thinking how nice it would be to have Mytraffic 6 or GSX.  Those apps worry me.  I could be wrong.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Regarding Fs-FlightControl: Will it work on Full  Screen Mode (will stay on top of sim), or do you need to resize your sim?

Hello, there!

I use FSCaptain.  It's engaging, challenging, and continously updated.  Now I never fly without it.

As for weather engines, I use REX essential with overdrive.  Not hard on FPS and gives a nice touch of realism.

I also use Accu-Feel.  I only use FSX, but may work with P3D.  Check the video.  

I hope you find what calls your attention.  I've been a flight simmer... and still find amazing things on these threads

Nick

Regarding Fs-FlightControl: Will it work on Full  Screen Mode (will stay on top of sim), or do you need to resize your sim?

It does not at present. The only  one I know of is Gemini (http://www.geminisoftware.de/), the former Apollo, which however, seems to be half-dead after the maker ran into trouble with the map provider (here). 

I didn't care so far as I only use it networked,. I'll contact the author with a feature request; he's very responsive and this is certainly something worth to consider.

Kind regards, Michael

1. Simstarter NG to start from different profiles for IFR, VFR etc.

2. FSUIPC for aircraft-specific assignment of controlers

3. Multicrew Experience for speech control

4. ASN or FSGRW for real-time weather injection

5. REX TD + Soft Clouds for cloud textures

6. FTX Global or GEP3D for ground textures

7. The Lord of Landing for analysing landing performance (touch down speed, center line deviation etc).

8. GSX for ground handling

9. PFPX or Simbrief for flight planning

10. IVAO or VATSIM for Online ATC

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

Simstarter NG !! love the way it launches all of my other add ons such as active sky, opus, virtual cdu va interface, simtouch plus and anything else I dial in with just the touch of button

ZORAN

ASN and ProATC. That's it, really, Plus of course planes and scenery but those aren't utilities. I don't use FSUIPC which almost everyone mentions in topics like this.

If you consider software that as to do with immersion then I must add ASN and EZCA, both essential if you ask me (never used OPUS though). I also have FSCaptain and Pro ATC X. The first one I never used and still don't know how to use it. The second one I don't think I have the knowledge to make a fair judge... I am a newbie on navigation/ ATC procedures and also at chart reading, although I'm OK using the aircraft navigation systems (e.g.VOR, NDB, ILS and GPS).

From my experience, I wouldn't agree their hardware sucks. I have all Panels, Cessna Yoke+Pedals+Trim and TPM and 9 FIPS, in quite heavy use for years. One FIP failed so far and had to be substituted. Of yourse, you can't compare a Cessna yoke to a 1500 $ model, that would be a bit unfair, wouldn't it?

What really sucks is their driver support and their support in general, and this has been sucking for years now. But that's what SPAD.neXt is for. I now run all the stuff named above over a networked laptop, saving a few fps (and a few stutters) and making the controls and their settings visually accessible and modifyable even during the fly without hiding the simulator.

Kind regards, Michael

Guess I'm unlucky then... I own a FIP a Multi Panel a Switch Panel and a Radio Panel all of them had hardware issues (buttons, lights and potentiometers. IMHO all of them of low quality and not working as they should) except for FIP that has been working along the years hard solid. But then again I'm on a second Warthog Stick, Throttle is OK... so Thrustmaster is not a good experience for me as well. I have the full line of top CH Products but got tired of the plastic feel... But they are flawless! Still use the rudder though.

Best regards, Luís

SYSTEM (build date july, 2023): Case: Lian Li Lancool III  |  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z790-E Gaming WIFI  CPU: Intel® Core™ i9-13900K Processor @ 6.0 GHZ  |  RAM: 128 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB @ 4800 MHZ  |  MVMe 1: 4 TB Crucial T700 PCIe Gen 5 MVMe 2: 4TB WD Black SN850X PCIe Gen 4 Cooler: Corsair iCue H150i Elite LCD XT | PSU: Corsair HX1500i | GPU: Asus ROG STRIX Gaming 4090 OC | Microsoft Windows 11 x64 Pro